Yorkshire & Clydesdale Banks offering £150 for switching

Comments

• aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Clydesdale must be snowed under this morning, recorded message on the current account line saying they are so busy they can't take calls.
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have just tried this over the phone and asked for the switching service to be used, I am told that the sort code for the current account I am using is "not eligible".

The current acc is Nationwide Flexdirect, sort code 070246. Is there a reason behind this?

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    derrick wrote: »
    I have just tried this over the phone and asked for the switching service to be used, I am told that the sort code for the current account I am using is "not eligible".

The current acc is Nationwide Flexdirect, sort code 070246. Is there a reason behind this?
    That sounds strange.. Maybe you got someone who doesn't know what they're doing.
    I can't see anything in the T&C that says some accounts don't qualify.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • aliasojo
    edited 19 November 2014 at 12:59PM

On hold presently, asked the csa about this was told it's possibly because nationwide is classed as a building society rather than a bank. That can cause issues. Apparently.

My application needs to be referred to an underwriter for some reason. PITA.

Every other bank is happy with my 'homemaker' status and I don't recall having to list what credit cards I have with what balances for any other current account application, especially since I don't want an overdraft, so it seems to me that Clydesdale have too many proverbial hoops and requirements.

I have several credit cards on the go right now, all are at 0% and are being stoozed but she didn't ask me if I had savings accounts with high balances!

I wont be holding my breath on this one but I was really hoping I could finally get rid of my co-op account which I absolutely loathe with a vengeance!
  • fuzzgun19
    aliasojo wrote: »
    On hold presently, asked the csa about this was told it's possibly because nationwide is classed as a building society rather than a bank. That can cause issues. Apparently.
    Weird.. their t&c's say otherwise.

"You are eligible for this offer if: (a) you hold a current account with another bank or building society and you meet the Qualifying Criteria outlined
    below; "
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • aliasojo
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Thats strange. Their t&c's say otherwise.

"You are eligible for this offer if: (a) you hold a current account with another bank or building society and you meet the Qualifying Criteria outlined
    below; "

I'd be challenging why my account wasn't acceptable if I was derrick. Seems not all the csa's are singing from the same sheet maybe?
  • fuzzgun19
    edited 19 November 2014 at 1:04PM
    Aliasojo, did they ask you anything about the account you wanted to switch?

Did they say the delay was because you're a homemaker?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • aliasojo
    I asked them specifically first before I started the process. I made it clear it was a co-op current account, she checked the sort code and account number and said it was fine so she then started the process.

They check the identity stuff first and if that is ok they then go through the rest of the application and ask details about your income and debts.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 November 2014 at 1:18PM
    aliasojo wrote: »

Yes I have spoken to another csa and they say it is because building societies usually don't allow switching services to be used, so I have used a Co-op account.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• aliasojo
    Yes I have spoken to another csa and they say it is because building societies usually don't allow switching services to be used, so I have used a Co-op account.

FWIW, I've recently switched 3 Nationwide current accounts to Halifax. co-op & M&S, never had any bother.

Think the issue is with Clydesdale/Yorkshire.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport