Nectar AMEX Annual Charge £25

Comments

• reclusive46
    reclusive46 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    Any wrote: »
    Yep, also thinking of switching back to Tesco...
    Might keep the 0 fee one for Foursquare promotions though.

Also considering Amazon... I buy a lot on Amazon, that is where I used to spend all my Nectar points anyway, so perhaps I should just get their card...
    Anyone has different suggestions? I already have cashback card, I don't like the idea of getting my reward just once a year and I understand Amazon emails you vouchers as soon as you earn £10..

I would definitely use the vouchers, we have 2 kindles at home, we also like real books and I buy lots of products there!

If I am not mistaken the return is equivalent of 1% for spend anywhere?

Correct, The Tesco credit card is not all that amazing to be honest. Amazon is better.
  • Roger1
    Roger1 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Any wrote: »
    Also considering Amazon... I buy a lot on Amazon, that is where I used to spend all my Nectar points anyway, so perhaps I should just get their card...
    The Amazon MasterCard looks good. I'm looking at it too. It's worth 1% on general purchases and 2% on purchases from amazon.co.uk - which should please you!

For the first 3 months, there's an unlimited 3% on everything. They even add a £5 voucher when you open the account.

On thing I haven't checked yet is whether the redemption vouchers expire.
  • andrewjf
    andrewjf Posts: 285 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It's disappointing, particularly on top of the cancellation of the Amazon nectar points deal, as I spend a lot with them.
    However I think I'll stick with Amex as we're now getting 2 points for every £1, and also Sainsburys sometimes issue double points petrol vouchers when you buy something in store.
  • colonelblighty
    colonelblighty Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 April 2013 at 3:40PM
    Roger1 wrote: »

On thing I haven't checked yet is whether the redemption vouchers expire.

when I get the vouchers from topcashback they are valid for redemption for a year I think and then the actual gift amount is valid for another couple of years.

I have to redeem one now from TCB so will post back what it says.

Edit: the one issued from amazon for my tcb had a use by date if 1 year but once credited my gift balance in amazon had a 3 year valid to date.
  • superhoop
    superhoop Posts: 318 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've had the letter, but I'm glad I checked this forum too because the didn't know about the "opt out" fee free card.

Only use it for Costco anyway. I have a Capital One Platinum (old Capital One Circle) which still pays out at 1%.
    We are QPR, say we are QPR!
  • Got my letter this week and was about to cancel when I read this forum about the 'opt out'. What exactly is this? I understood the letter to mean that my current card will begin to incur an annual fee from May 2013. What card will I then be offered if I opt out? I can only find one type of standard Nectar CC advertised on the AMEX website.

Confused...
  • King_Of_Fools
    King_Of_Fools Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Got my letter this week and was about to cancel when I read this forum about the 'opt out'. What exactly is this? I understood the letter to mean that my current card will begin to incur an annual fee from May 2013. What card will I then be offered if I opt out? I can only find one type of standard Nectar CC advertised on the AMEX website.

Confused...
    Go to the link on your letter (linked in the original post):
    http://americanexpress.co.uk/nectarpremium
  • mary
    mary Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 April 2013 at 12:23AM
    don_simon wrote: »
    Except that they're not giving double points at Nectar retailers any more, so you'll only get 2 points per £1.

Check the FAQs, 'Why don't I get a better earn rate at Nectar partners anymore?'
    http://www.nectar.com/landing/nectarcreditcardfaq2/index.rnectar

Well I'm slightly confused as on the accompanying leaflet about the changes received in the post today it says:

Collect online with over 500 retailers - pay with your Nectar Credit Card and collect an extra 2 points per full £1 spent.

Also it says

You also continue to enjoy lots of fantastic benefits including: Up to 4 points per full £1 spent when you use your Nectar Credit Card and Nectar loyalty card together at Nectar partners.
  • King_Of_Fools
    King_Of_Fools Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mary wrote: »
    Well I'm slightly confused as on the accompanying leaflet about the changes received in the post today it says:

Collect online with over 500 retailers - pay with your Nectar Credit Card and collect an extra 2 points per full $1 spent.

Also it says

You also continue to enjoy lots of fantastic benefits including: Up to 4 points per full $1 spent when you use your Nectar Credit Card and Nectar loyalty card together at Nectar partners.

They are being "clever" as they are including the points you would earn on a Nectar card however you paid. They are not saying that you would get 4 points per £1 on Amex plus the standard 2 points per £1.
  • mary
    mary Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 April 2013 at 12:24AM
    They are being "clever" as they are including the points you would earn on a Nectar card however you paid. They are not saying that you would get 4 points per £1 on Amex plus the standard 2 points per £1.

Maybe we are saying the same thing - yes you get your original 2 points per £1 spent on Nectar card and you get an additional 2 points for spending say at Sainsbury's with the loyalty card, making 4 points per £1 spent, which is what it is now anyway. It's just they are helping themselves to £25 from now on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure