Easyjet Tricks - guide discussion

Options

Comments

• tryin
    tryin Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    fifeken wrote: »
    easyJet publish the release dates on their website and it's also usually here on MSE too.

It's not necessarily 6:00am on the dot. I had a couple of alerts set up and received text messages and emails at 05:24 and 05:25 for Route 1 and 05:26 and 05:34 for Route 2 respectively.

Booking acknowledgement received at 05:44.
    But EasyJet only gives the month, and like I said its not necessarily released on the first of the month, So how can you know the exact dates.

And where do you set up alerts for this?
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tryin wrote: »
    But EasyJet only gives the month, and like I said its not necessarily released on the first of the month, So how can you know the exact dates.

And where do you set up alerts for this?

Closer to the time the actual date will appear on the easyJet site - at least it did this time and has before - and was also reported here on MSE.

lowcostroutes.com for alerts.
  • guy_bagnall
    Options
    I was looking to book return flights to Naples and the return flight was £127. I just went to book and it had reduced to £90 saying only 4 seats at that price. Is that a 'sale' regular or something new from Easyjet - and can prices go down further before departure (35 days on)?
  • ziggy81ziggy
    Options
    Hi, has anyone had experience of booking easyjet flights on release day using emirates air miles please?
    Are the flights available at the same time?
    Thanks
  • vicker
    vicker Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Does anyone know if the flexifare trick works on the seats being released on Thursday please?
  • booth27
    Options
    I have to take tablets regularly, so this is important to me. All airports are now required to provide free drinking water, so ask staff if you can't find them (although, in my experience, staff often don't know where they are!) There have been drinking fountains at Bristol airport for a number of years but they are not neccessarily obvious. They are marked on maps of the airport (e.g. search 'bristol airport terminal map') - they are at the entrance to the toilets and at the start of the corridor to the departure gates from the mezzanine level.
  • mwddrwg
    Options
    Delving for the first time into the murky world of seat release day tomorrow so after a few tips :)

I've heard it's better just to book basic tickets on the flight we need to be on and then add bags/specific seats afterwards. Is this the right way to go about it?

Any tips from veterans of this process much appreciated :)

Thanks
    In deep...
  • ziggy81ziggy
    Options
    mwddrwg wrote: »
    Delving for the first time into the murky world of seat release day tomorrow so after a few tips :)

I've heard it's better just to book basic tickets on the flight we need to be on and then add bags/specific seats afterwards. Is this the right way to go about it?

Any tips from veterans of this process much appreciated :)

Thanks

Bags / seats don't change in price so it's up to you. I often book seats at the same time as we like extra leg room exit seats and want to make sure we get them but I leave buying the bags till another pay day! Same with parking and hotel, one thing a month....
    I've never had flights in my basket time out as such due to picking seats. From my experience, once you've selected a flight it's yours at that price and won't change during the paying process.
  • ymk101
    ymk101 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Do they release at midnight night today or can be any time during the day?
  • kathrynvaughan
    Options
    Good Morning Bargain Hunters
    So anyone else up and about and refreshing the page?
    Any fool can pay full price!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure