Cheap airport lounge access

Comments

• stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    From experience if the check-in desk opens 3 hours before departure, that means you should just get 2 hours in a lounge before getting to your gate. I suppose timings will depend on the airport departing and how busy getting through security etc.
  • Two hours is fine and thanks for the info :)
  • I recently used no1 lounge at Gatwick and having used it before expected the usual service
    I asked for 2 bacon rolls and was told I could only have 1 previously the put them out and you could take what you wanted I think 1 bacon roll is pretty poor for £40 I could have got much better value in a restaurant
    I do not know if this a new policy but certainly not worth using this lounge again
  • mo.m
    mo.m Posts: 2 Newbie
    We had an embarrassing situation when trying to access this lounge with friends when going on holiday recently, my husband (a Barclays customer) was told he had no visits left on his card. After over an hour on the phone to Barclays and Dragon card he was told that he had used his 6 visits last summer and the card didn't renew until August , which isn't much use if you are travelling in July! We saw other people with Dragon cards turned away, presumably for the same reason. Surely a card like this should run January to December ?
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    mo.m wrote: »
    We had an embarrassing situation when trying to access this lounge with friends when going on holiday recently, my husband (a Barclays customer) was told he had no visits left on his card. After over an hour on the phone to Barclays and Dragon card he was told that he had used his 6 visits last summer and the card didn't renew until August , which isn't much use if you are travelling in July! We saw other people with Dragon cards turned away, presumably for the same reason. Surely a card like this should run January to December ?

What difference does it make? The phone or tablet app shows you how many visits you have left and, if you need more, it takes about a minute to add them. No need for embarrassment.
  • wozmand
    wozmand Posts: 38
    Forumite
    Hi there

Is anyone aware of any discounts/ways to get the lounges at Manchester Aiport cheaper?

Thanks
    Mark.
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,110
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I really wouldn't bother at Manchester.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • nairny54
    nairny54 Posts: 444
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    wozmand wrote: »
    Hi there

Is anyone aware of any discounts/ways to get the lounges at Manchester Aiport cheaper?

Thanks
    Mark.

Hi Mark you could try vouchercloud they normally give a code for approx 10% off

HTH
  • mo.m
    mo.m Posts: 2 Newbie
    Firstly we had never been told that there was an app. Even when my husband was on the phone to Barclays and Dragon Pass neither suggested that he could use the app to solve the problem (and would have saved the long phone call!). Secondly, it does matter when the card renews, without saying on the card what the renewal date is, as you end up paying for extra visits, but lose the ones you are entitled to ! We will probably lose the 2018/19 visits, which is not good value in our opinion.
  • d00fus
    d00fus Posts: 52
    Forumite
    Priority Pass are upping their visit charges to £20 from 18/9/2018, makes the others (Dragon Pass, Lounge Club) quite a better deal.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback