PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2018 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Comments

• 1. IF I NOTICE SOME SMALL TASK NEEDS DOING - I WILL DO IT IMMEDIATELY

2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I WENT IN - WITHOUT HIDING THE CLUTTER EXCEPT for the wardrobe room which is currently the storage room (sr)

3. THE LAST WASHING UP OF THE DAY WILL BE PUT AWAY BEFORE I GO TO BED

Happy Kitties, :T:T:T well done - I also find decluttering addictive when I have my decluttering mojo :D The local community group will be very happy with your donation :T:D

marmiterules, very impressive :T Do you have a target in mind?

After last night’s pink sky Saturday was hot, hot, hot :T:j DSis & I walked to the park for the Farmers Market. Good job there were only a few stalls as I would have had to mortgage the house otherwise. However I did treat myself to some fresh unpackaged f&v, 3 small jars of honey, salami, some eggs & some bread :D but resisted the cupcakes :rotfl: My purchases meant no cooking & a very tasty dinner :)
    Felt quite good on the way home as picked up a plastic bag blowing along the pavement & filled it with litter :) Why oh why do people think it is OK to throw tin cans, plastic bottles & drinks cartons into the bushes :mad:

DH tried C&C again for a different Wic*es re the w/e offer on ornamental gravel. Success:T He & DSis went & collected 8 bags - reduced in price + 4 for 3 - so instead of £72 he spent £30 - very :money: All the bags are now stacked in the garden while we wait for the new shed :D

My decluttering mojo is still enjoying its holiday in the company of basketcase’s mojo but I did vacuum downstairs (moved furniture) incl. kitchen floor (remembered to empty the vacuum :rotfl: - surprising how much better it picks up :rotfl:) & turned the sofa cushions.

Looking forward to hearing from retiredinfrance - hope you are OK?

So just my three mantras - aired & made bed, washed up, dried up & put away as I went along including the last lot of washing up; washed down kitchen work surfaces; garden watered; birdies & squirrels water bowls refilled & wormery towel doused several times; tightened toilet flush handle & also took the opportunity to clean loo :D; general tidying;

The day to day decluttering has generated

B1919 - B1928 Non recyclable - 2 plastic trays & packaging, 2 plastic bags, 3 lots of plastic packaging, plastic pot & lid, Plastic box & packaging, broken ice cube tray - All binned
    B1929 - B1931 Two plastic pots, plastic milk carton - rinsed & recycled
    B1932 - B1935 cardboard packaging, 2 magazines & 2 Booklets read - Recycled
    B1936 DH put Broken hair trimmer in Tip pile

MrsSD
    B1936/B2018
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Rootle
    Rootle Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    29/52 - my decluttering mojo is very low at the moment but I thought a small post was better than nothing at all! So a present wrapped and sent which used up a very small amount of lying around packaging.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,903 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Found this thread highly motivating last year. Cant believe we,re august already and the house is becoming cluttered again. SInce it;s 2018have decided to decluttered 18 items every day till end of year. So far
    1) 18 books
    2) 18 mugs (! They are no longer double stacked and overflowing into another cupboard!j
    3) 18 glass items, all washed and recycled. Several decluttered simply by decanting but an embarrassing number a small amount left in a jar out of date
    4) 18 bags (this was between 3 of us)
    Today is going to be Tupperware. See ya later
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    6 books and 13 dvds to the cs.
  • Rootle wrote: »
    29/52 - my decluttering mojo is very low at the moment but I thought a small post was better than nothing at all! So a present wrapped and sent which used up a very small amount of lying around packaging.

Rootle, I think it has gone on holiday with mine & basketcase!!!8217;s mojo :rotfl: I believe they were off to see retiredinfrance :rotfl:

Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,903 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    well the tupperware will have to wait but have made good progress in the kitchen. sorted fridge and freezer :-) and decluttered
    13 glass bottles / jars
    2 pieces of wood
    1 dog bed inner that the dogs have been shying all over the place
    1 broken dog jacket, beyond repair
    and finally
    1 tupperware
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • 1. IF I NOTICE SOME SMALL TASK NEEDS DOING - I WILL DO IT IMMEDIATELY

2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I WENT IN - WITHOUT HIDING THE CLUTTER EXCEPT for the wardrobe room which is currently the storage room (sr)

3. THE LAST WASHING UP OF THE DAY WILL BE PUT AWAY BEFORE I GO TO BED

:T Well done DundeeDoll :T

Today was another hot one but a bit cooler than yesterday :( The clear blue was conducive to watching the moon up until 1:00 p.m. when it disappeared :rotfl:

DH & DSis tried to fit some extra lights to the motorbike but had the wrong connectors :( So all back together but two hours wasted :eek:

I am hoping my decluttering mojo & basketcase’s return from their holiday tomorrow as I really want to get on with it now :o. Cooked a full roast beef dinner today, repaired a burn hole in my oven gloves (but only after burning one finger :( ) and chatted with my next door neighbour for half an hour - that was the sum total of any endeavours today :o

So just my three mantras - aired & made bed, washed up, dried up & put away as I went along including the last lot of washing up; washed down kitchen work surfaces; garden watered twice; birdies & squirrels water bowls refilled twice & wormery towel doused several times; indoor bins emptied into appropriate wheelie bins; general tidying;

The day to day decluttering has generated

B1937 - B1943 Non recyclable - 5 plastic bags, 2 lots of plastic packaging - binned
    B1944 - B1953 Two plastic pots, plastic milk carton, glass bottle, plastic bottle, 5 tins - rinsed & recycled
    B1954 - B1957 cardboard packaging, magazine read, paper packaging, small plastic box - Recycled

I really need to set myself some sort of project but am dithering about whether it should be big or small :undecided. I know once I have started I will get on with it but but at the moment I am Mrs Dither of Ditherville, Ditherington :rotfl:

Oh well, I am off now to check the calendar for September birthdays - will check my small stash & see if I have cards or whether I need to spend a bit of money :(

MrsSD
    B1957/B2018

• Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 August 2018 at 12:54PM
    Morning everyone. Well I can finally update my totals as I dropped the items off for the charity this morning. Felt really good, the downside was when I got back to the car the whole of the left side both doors have been really scratched.

However

* 17- 147 craft items 130 lots/pks donated to a local charity group
    *148 batteries to a recycling point
    *149 another broken bauble now in the bin
    *150 plastic bauble packaging now in the recycling
    *151 saline dressing canister in recycling
    *152 plastic packaging to a recycling point
    *153 cardboard box used, found in cupboard
    *154 packaging used for the above
    *155-157 spare charity items x2 in box and sent off

I have also been taking stuff up and putting in away from the dumping point in the kitchen, it's beginning to look so much better

irishrose sorry to hear about ur neighbour, it does put things into perspective
    Mrs SD I do love a good farmers market! Could also spend a fortune

No doubt more decluttering over the next few days as I continue to pack away the living room......well i just hope I keep my mojo and it doesn't disappear on holiday!!!!!!!
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic

marmiterules, very impressive :T Do you have a target in mind?

Not really.I just have too much stuff....
  • Hello everyone and a very warm welcome(36 degrees here) to all our new decluttering friends. Mrs SD, you are such a kind person, asking after me. I have been on holiday to the sunny UK and now back home. Two things , one I was amazed at how tudy the house was while being looked after by DH and I put it all down to decluttering -just not so much stuff about. Secondly I resisted the usual holiday urge to buy, well, more stuff. All those souvenir shops....not to mention the CS and the final reductions in the sales. I was in Scotland with DS and I made an effort not to collect leaflets that I will never look at again. However, I decluttered lots of cash, sad to say, but lots of lovely memories.

Off I go again...
    323 scarf to CS
    324,325,nightdresses to CS
    326-329 pillowcases to CS
    330 books to CS
    331 samples used up while on hols.

New system. I go into walkin hotpress and pick a pile.Look through , declutter and tidy.

I was amazed at the activity of everyone while I was away and didn't want to use up my IT allowance.
    Well done, everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport