money mule help

Comments

• Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Steady on people, we are dealing with a very frightened 17 year old here.

Is there no one you can turn to for help and advice? What about your older relatives? Mum, dad, uncle, brother.........? I really don't expect you to be able to deal with this on your own, you must tell someone what has happened. Even if they don't have any immediate suggestions, you can talk it through with them and decide on a way forward. Good luck.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • twizzzt
    twizzzt Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Steady on people, we are dealing with a very frightened 17 year old here.

Is there no one you can turn to for help and advice? What about your older relatives? Mum, dad, uncle, brother.........? I really don't expect you to be able to deal with this on your own, you must tell someone what has happened. Even if they don't have any immediate suggestions, you can talk it through with them and decide on a way forward. Good luck.

No man I can’t talk to anyone about this as i fear I have ruined my whole life at such an early age I feel there is only one way out of all this I’m so ashamed of myself
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    twizzzt wrote: »
    No man I can’t talk to anyone about this as i fear I have ruined my whole life at such an early age I feel there is only one way out of all this I’m so ashamed of myself
    You're letting it all get totally out of proportion. Talk to someone.....anyone, someone a bit older and wiser. They'll tell you what a plonker you've been, but your life is most definitely not ruined.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite

You need to talk to your parents and go to the Police.
  • twizzzt
    You're letting it all get totally out of proportion. Talk to someone.....anyone, someone a bit older and wiser. They'll tell you what a plonker you've been, but your life is most definitely not ruined.
    Id like you thank you very much for being kind and helpful I feel trapped
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 February 2018 at 10:14PM

Well, I'm thinking you should phone Samaritans and get some advice.
    Or at 17 are you legally a minor (or not these days??) Childline?
    Tomorrow can you go to Citizens Advice?
    Pastoral care at school or college?

Yes, this is serious but think what you can do that is positive, not negative.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggyduvets,26 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=160 £86 spent!!!
  • rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite

Don't let them make you feel like this, that is there plan to target young naive people and scare them. My dd has worked with several people in similar situation than you, the first step was telling the thread you obviously want help. Now tell someone you can trust then get them to go to the bank and police with you. If you come forward now it will be fine the police will protect you, We are not talking of huge amounts of money going through your account just one silly mistake. GET HELP GET IT SORTED AND PUT IT BEHIND YOU XXX
  • twizzzt
    rhosynbach wrote: »
    Don't let them make you feel like this, that is there plan to target young naive people and scare them. My dd has worked with several people in similar situation than you, the first step was telling the thread you obviously want help. Now tell someone you can trust then get them to go to the bank and police with you. If you come forward now it will be fine the police will protect you, We are not talking of huge amounts of money going through your account just one silly mistake. GET HELP GET IT SORTED AND PUT IT BEHIND YOU XXX
    I feel too much of a criminal and I have always over thought things in the past way too much to the point I throw up right now I’m in such a state I can’t seem to make sense of it but only filled with such self hatred for myself
  • SevenOfNine
    SevenOfNine Posts: 2,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
  • Come on pal, just talk to the police on 101 or via Actionfraud. This may well be the trickiest situation you've gotten into so far in your life, but rest assured one mistake is rarely fatal. It's human to make errors of judgement, what's important now is to control the damage as best you can, and that will involve letting your nearest and dearest know what's happened and getting their support (and a bit of a rollicking if your parents are like mine were). For what it's worth I doubt the bloke you spoke to is legitimately an hours drive from you (that's what they want you to think to intimidate you), and at any rate now the bank has frozen your account the game is up and you couldn't do any more "jobs" for them if you wanted to.

Speak to:
    Your family!
    Police on 101 if you feel threatened
    Police on 999 if you honestly believe you're in imminent danger
    Actionfraud to let the police know the nature of the scam
    Samaritans on 116 123 if you are getting stressed and having grim thoughts
    Later on contact your bank for any updates they're authorised to give you, and also consider getting a copy of your credit report from Experian, Equifax and/or Callcredit to see what effect this incident has had on your financial health.
    : )
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport