Time to get serious

Comments

• Friday at last! lots of running around this week sorting things for DD1 21st, all done now bar the shouting.

Met up with some friends I hadn't seen for ages, they came round to ours so very mse.

Lunches taken with me all week, although this is a habit now, but really does help towards the end goal :)

Still lots to do (and never enough time to do it in!) end of year accounts need doing, which should result in finding out what dividend we can take, so that's near the top of the list, along with some work a customer is chasing - got to get the money into the business to start with!!
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Hi ETE it sounds like you have jumped straight back into work after your break. I too have got into the habit of taking my lunch to work - I cannot believe how much this saves or indeed think about how much I used to spend on lunch before I became MSE. I actually prefer my own lunch to anything bought now.
    Hope your DD has a great 21st - enjoy
  • Thanks BusyMee, I agree the lunches are much nicer when homemade :)
  • After a day out yesterday I need to crack on and get things done today! These weekends are definitely not long enough.
  • I don't feel like I am getting much done at the moment and the days are whizzing by!! Went out with DD1 in her car Sunday and ended up being out for hours as got a flat tyre! Had a lovely ride Sunday evening - lovely cool breeze and I think I've got to the bottom of his hairy antics so a much more relaxing ride.

Top priority at the moment is pulling ragwort from the field before it seeds and getting end of year accounts done. Hoping to get this all done by the end of the weekend. Hope everyone else's week is going well.
  • Up early this morning as DD2 had to be at a pick up point at 6:30 for some training. Went straight up the yard with the dog and have now finished pulling all the ragwort :) weeding the garden on a large scale !!

Home now to put a wash on then need to crack on with business paperwork. DGS is coming round this evening too, so will need entertaining.

Have a great weekend everyone :)
  • Same back to you :)
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Well done on the ragwort! That sounds back breaking! I know my folks have to try and keep on top of it as well, though luckily the ponies have never tried to eat it either!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • Yes the ragwort was back breaking, I kept wondering why my back was sore the next day!

I managed to get all the pressing items complete at the weekend. The accounts are ready to go to the accountants, some expenses have been transferred for travel, parking etc. This takes the current total to 29,497. Very tempting to find an extra £3, however 123 interest will be added in a few days. Very excited to be just £503 away from the goal for the year. I'm not sure if this means I am rubbish at setting goals as I did think it would be a stretch to get this by the end of the year or if the goal made me push harder?

Hubby spent Sunday battling with the insurance renewal for our vehicles, not much time spent and a £250 reduction:money:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Brilliant accomplishments! Well done you :) I think its understandable that you thought you'd maxed out your goal at £30k - even better that so much of the year is still left :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport