Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Comments

• KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,864 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    At last, first Hawaii since 8th September with 5.4 Os.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • theboylard
    theboylard Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 April 2015 at 9:50PM
    Surprising Oscar, we had a lovely morning.

Set off with the current Mrs theboylard for Wells next the Sea after breakfast, leaving Lucifer and Beelzebub to suck up as much elctrickery as they liked!

Only got as far as Peterborough and it started to cloud over. Got to Deeping St James and temp had fallen 6°C!

If it's like that here we said, stuff the coast! So went shopping at Springfields instead!! Bit of a result, got all sorts of bits for me, nothing she tried on fitted or she wasn't sure!

Quick drink in the pub around 4pm and checked on the phone - blimey! Didn't think the good weather had stayed in Corby but obviously it had.
    Our first Hawaii of the year, and also the first since 9/8/14!! :beer: 20.8kWh

You can see from the webm below, the curve is relatuvely smooth and the slow drop off as we are south east.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3mppmflnpm25ys/6-4-15SE%20-%20Copy.webm?dl=0

Pre SolarEdge, the curve went all lemming like as of 2pm, it fell off a cliff!

6_4_15_2.jpg

Today alone, that could have cost us 5.75kWh.
    4kWp, SSE, SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
    Now with added Sunsynk 5kw hybrid ecco inverter & 15kWh Fogstar batteries. Oh Octopus Energy too.
  • Dodo0808
    Dodo0808 Posts: 130 Forumite
    Love it when they get the forecast wrong:rotfl:

6.175 O's today.

Last few days have been so dismal I didn't even bother checking the gen meter.
    4kw (16X250w Sharp). Samil Solar River 3680 TL inverter.
    E.mids/SSE. 35 degree roof pitch, no shading.
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    theboylard wrote: »
    Surprising Oscar, we had a lovely morning.
    You can see from the webm below, the curve is relatuvely smooth and the slow drop off as we are south east.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3mppmflnpm25ys/6-4-15SE%20-%20Copy.webm?dl=0
    6_4_15_2.jpg

I was lucky, got the timing near perfect; apart from pot washer on too early, and there is no help with the auto clean of the oven.... :mad: - http://wattson.energyhive.com/dashboard/oscarsenergy
    :D
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • zeupater
    zeupater Posts: 5,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi All

Misty but bright(ish) this morning, sky started to clear around midday but stayed hazy all afternoon .... still ended up with best generation since 2nd week of August last year though ....

HTH
    Z
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Hawaii + .54 O's
    for us!!! YAY!!!
    Edwink ;)
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 April 2015 at 1:39PM
    theboylard wrote: »

6_4_15_2.jpg

Hiya. Looking at the generation of that top left panel, would certainly suggest going 'SolarEdge' was a good idea. That's quite significant. I've got a similar panel (Slim Shady) on my SolarEdge system, top right.

So, loads of people got another Hawaii or first Hawaii's. Well not so good here, but I did get my fist proper nap of the year with a full 4O winks ..... 23.4kWh or 4.19 Os. :j

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,391 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yesterday ended 17,500 / 3,780 >>> 4.63 Os, so still somewhat short of 5Os that others are getting.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    For those with Energyhive / Wattson dashboards, I have submitted a support ticket as the "month view" doesn't appear to be working correctly on mine - and on a couple of yours that I have checked.
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,542 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Andy_WSM wrote: »
    For those with Energyhive / Wattson dashboards, I have submitted a support ticket as the "month view" doesn't appear to be working correctly on mine - and on a couple of yours that I have checked.

Mine has been giving spurious readings for the last month:eek:

I've also submitted a ticket:D

Been told it's only occurring with Wattson users.

http://www.energyhive.com/dashboard/legomans
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback