Storage Heaters

I am thinking of replacements for a couple of old 3kw heaters. Fischer have 1.9kw equivalent heaters. Why can't I get a price for these without getting a home visit by the company?. Can anyone tell me the cost of 1.9kw heater fitted. Thanks

Comments

• jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Noooooo!

Don't replace perfectly good storage heaters with Fischer nonsense. They will cost a fortune to buy and a fortune to run.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Welcome to the forum.

What makes you think that any 1.9kw heater is the equivalent of a 3kw heater? All electrical heaters are 100 efficient. The cost advantage of a storage heater is that it uses off-peak electricity.

2kW or 3kW fan heaters can be bought for around £15 and oil filled radiators from £50 upwards. These produce EXACTLY the same heat output, for the same running cost, as ANY other electrical heater - including Fischer.

I appreciate you are new on this forum, but if you do a 'forum search'(at the top of the page) you will find plenty of posts on Fischer heaters.
  • Taffy2
    Taffy2 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Thanks for the reply, I was informed that because they were more efficient,clay cores that you would only have to install the 1.9kw model.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 8 March 2018 at 6:44PM
    Please be aware that a clay core, magic dust, liquid gold, baby oil, fairy water or other exotic filling does not make them storage heaters. They run on full price peak rate leccy,and cost exactly the same to run and produce the same amount of heat as an equivalent sized £50 one from Argos, B&Q or anywhere else.

1.9kw is not equivalent to 3kw, if your room needs a 3kw heater to get warm and keep it warm then 1,9kw wont be enough. It will stay on virtually continuously as it won't warm the room enough to trigger the thermostat and you'll be cold as well
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • thozza
    thozza Posts: 304 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You might want to have a look through the main thread on Fischer heater in the main Energy forum

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3516223

Towards the end are some interesting posts from people who have had had a home visit from Fischer
  • Taffy2
    Taffy2 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Thanks have read those post's and I think I will keep what I've got.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure