Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue

Options

Comments

• Poppy_Green
    Poppy_Green Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 25 October 2018 at 9:11AM
    Options
    {Text removed by MSE Forum Team} I had my boiler serviced in August 17 and had no heating and hot water in Sept called the company but I was informed that I was not covered for repair. I demanded to cancel my contract; I was informed that I had to pay £140 or £70 for call one off payment after paying my premium for 9 months. The company continued to set up direct debt on my account after cancelling it. {Text removed by MSE Forum Team} Please do not waste your money by taking any contract with them.
  • 247homerescue
    247homerescue Posts: 128 Organisation Representative
    Options
    BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY! THEY ARE FRAUDLENT COMPANY

You have to be very careful of this company they are really fraudulent. I had my boiler serviced in August 17 and had no heating and hot water in Sept called the company but I was informed that I was not covered for repair. I demanded to cancel my contract; I was informed that I had to pay £140 or £70 for call one off payment after paying my premium for 9 months. The company continued to set up direct debt on my account after cancelling it. They are scammers!. They are real RIP OFF. Please do not waste your money by taking any contract with them.

Thanks for your review.

I can see that you would have been asked for a sum up front but without having your policy reference number i am unable to determine what this was for but had the boiler been a complete breakdown with no hot water or heating it would have been covered by ourselves.

In regards to the direct debit being continued I am unable to discuss due to data protection.

I would be happy to discuss this with you, my e-mail is laurenh@247homerescue.co.uk
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    We are verified representatives of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for us to post in response to queries about the company so that we can help solve issues. You can see our name on the Verified Companies list. We are not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe we are, please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of the company or its products by MSE.
  • 247homerescue
    Options
    Haylez wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with my 3-4 year old boiler , had a service and started experiencing problems . Luke warm water in bath . Can’t even use shower due to water temp and now after explaining I wanted a second opinion they want £75 call out fee when the boiler was fine more like the engineer was more interested in getting to pub as it was his last job. Having to take advice now . Avoid this company as reading other reviews on It. Do not trust ...update after there reply ... I was told because I didn’t report the issue straight away that they was sure there engineer did the correct job although they won’t put a signature to that and send a independent engineer out to clarify that. I was told I could make a claim and that I was covered all I needed was to pay £75 excess . For which I refused as it was working perfectly fine before their engineer came out so there response is a lie again ! Also if people read the 5 star reviews there actually ones of the website and how easy it is to use not of actual work
    Update... had a engineer come out to independently access the boiler and had to have work done. I received a call from Megan saying they would refund me all the money it cost me aswell as send me a service breakdown of what was originally done . Still not received it and ignored me about my refund !!!

Thank you for your review.

After reading your review it seems that you was asked to pay the mandatory excess on your account of £75.

Your cover plan that you purchased would include a mandatory excess in the event of a claim, this means your cover plan monthly direct debit has been subsidised by the excess amount you have chosen to pay in the event of a claim.

In regards to the refund and the service breakdown i will ask that you contact me personally at laurenh@247homerescue.co.uk in order to investigate these.
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    We are verified representatives of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for us to post in response to queries about the company so that we can help solve issues. You can see our name on the Verified Companies list. We are not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe we are, please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of the company or its products by MSE.
  • 247homerescue
    Options
    earthchick wrote: »
    Switched from another boiler cover company as trying to save money, wish I had looked on this forum first! Talk about hassle. I made a point of asking before I signed up to 24/7 about any hidden costs and was assured my policy is £0 excess and I wouldn't not have to pay anything on top of my monthly direct debit. We were having trouble with our hot water and was charged £75 up front over the phone for an engineer to come out because it was classed as a partial breakdown. When I challenged this I was told to refer to my terms and conditions. I stupidly didn't read them before I signed up as the sales person was so reassuring about having nothing else to pay. On the welcome letter one of the main selling points is about getting to priority customers quickly, often the same day. At the time of reporting the fault, I had one year old twin nephews staying as well as parents over the age of 65, both of which are classed as priority. I was going to have to wait 5 days for an engineer to come out so cancelled the appointment and after reading Trust Pilot reviews about more hidden part costs for boilers decided to cancel my policy and I paid for a local plumber to come out instead. I waited 1 hour 17 mins on the phone to 24/7 and was put through to 3 different people to process the £75 refund and cancel my policy. I am still waiting for this refund and am having to separately chase getting my first payment through direct debit refunded, despite cancelling in their 30 day cancellation period. I've been left feeling so frustrated, disappointed and feel completely conned. I posted a review on Trust pilot and 24/7 posted a response all of which was fabricated! Was referring to a tenant and refunding boiler parts (none of which apply to me) and was a very blame heavy response, so can only think this was a different customer who had complained. How can they get away with this? Given the less than glowing reviews below, I'm not the first and sadly won't be the last to have a terrible experience. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Good Morning

Thank you for your review.

I apologise for the delay in sourcing an engineer for you. We aim to get an engineer out the same or next day but sometimes this is not possible.

In regards to the refund for the £75 you are waiting to be refunded, i ask that you e-mail me directly so that i can look into this matter for you at laurenh@247homerescue.co.uk.

Regards
    Lauren
    24/7 Home Rescue
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
  • PhylPho
    PhylPho Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    scd3scd4 wrote: »
    Maybe you can explain why nearly all the reviews on TRUSTPILOT are nothing other than sighing up or using the website reviews. Nothing really to do with service are they?
    Ohhhh and why do you give incentives like free months to do reviews before they have even used your service?
    Phil

Awful company
    All the good reviews on here are typicaly from new customers as they give you 2 months free cover if you come on here and put comment.This makes a mockery of Trustpilot as a good way of finding out what a company is like.

Just wait till you have to call them out. 4 days to attend even though we have an 8 month child in the house and no heating.

Unfortunately, untrustworthy TrustPilot itself is a mockery of a review site.

Has been for years. Why anyone would ever use it, or contribute to it, is beyond me. It makes a great deal of money from the very businesses which get criticised (or criticised for as long as TrustPilot allows a comment to remain on view.)

Plenty of review sites out there on which to post a comment . . all of which are sampled by Internet search engines.
  • Chef2018
    Options
    I would not recommend this company at all.
    They will not entertain any claims if you do not report the fault within 24 hours. This is hidden away in their terms and conditions.

Do not sign up with this company. You are much better off going with a reputable company like British Gas or Homeserve.
  • Poppy_Green
    Poppy_Green Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 20 February 2018 at 2:21AM
    Options
    Thank you for your response. At the time I had no heating or hot water. Why is your company harassing me by calling me and once I answered the call, the caller will make a funny sound and laugh hysterically and drop. This is now a daily re occurrence. I had to call the the same number (03453192247) which had been calling, after another call today with no one speaking but hysterical laughter and then the caller dropped the phone. I had to call the number back and spoke to a lovely lady who took my number called, put me on hold for few minutes and assured me that it will never happen again. Is this how 24/7 intimidate and harass their customers? I have told the lady that if it happens again, I will have no option but to report the harassment to the police.
  • Seatpin
    Options
    I have had similar problems, don't use this company!
  • Seatpin
    Options
    I would agree, this is my case.

I took out boiler & heating cover with 247Homerescue on the 21st January and thought I was covered, then on the 10th February 3 weeks into my contract I had to ring them as my heating pump stopped working and they agreed to send an engineer out after I paid the £95 excess.

The engineer called on the 13th and confirmed I needed a new pump and that he would send a report back to 247 asking them to order the parts which he did but the 247 claims department rang about 1hr after he left saying I wasn’t covered!

I asked why and they said I hadn’t had my policy long enough although they say your covered as soon as you take out cover with a 14-day cooling off period and I was 21 days into my cover when I first rang with the fault!

When I pointed this out they then said I wasn’t covered as it was an existing problem, I asked how they come to that conclusion and they couldn’t give me an answer I asked to speak to a manger but they said none were available, I insisted one call me back they said they would get someone to ring back in a couple of hours but no one did.

I rang the next day as they still didn’t call me back, I was then told the policy was for a manger to call back within 24-48hrs and that someone will call me by then, I waited another 2 day/72hrs and rang them back, they then said my policy had been cancelled and I need to write/email a formal complaint and follow their complaints process.

I have done that and they have still not given me an answer/explanation as to why I am not covered for this fault they just replied stating refer to your terms and conditions.

I have read the terms and conditions and the only reason/exclusion I can see is under general exclusions which states they will not cover existing problems known to you the customer when you took the cover out or incidents which occur within the waiting period.

I replied confirming my heating was working 3 weeks ago when I took out the cover and that I am well inside the waiting period, I asked again for them to confirm why I am not covered and to explain how they have come to this conclusion/what evidence do they have to backup their decision and they haven’t answered!

It’s clear to me they are just trying to get out of the cost of the repair, I have asked for my excess back but they have refused saying I agreed to pay the excess, yes but they should honour their part of the contract and complete the repair, I stated I thought the pump had gone when I rang and they said this is covered under my policy and that they would send the engineer out for £95, why take my £95 if you were never going to cover this fault?

I have asked for my £95 back plus my first direct debit payment but they have declined, I am now left with no heating having to get independent quotes at about £250, I will have to get the pump done as it’s freezing but I shall be going through the small claims court to try I get my money back.

If you google this customer you will find many customers with similar complaints, be warned to touch 247Homerescure!
  • Seatpin
    Options
    Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue
    I took out boiler & heating cover with 247Homerescue on the 21st January and thought I was covered, then on the 10th February 3 weeks into my contract I had to ring them as my heating pump stopped working and they agreed to send an engineer out after I paid the £95 excess.

The engineer called on the 13th and confirmed I needed a new pump and that he would send a report back to 247 asking them to order the parts which he did but the 247 claims department rang about 1hr after he left saying I wasn’t covered!

I asked why and they said I hadn’t had my policy long enough although they say your covered as soon as you take out cover with a 14-day cooling off period and I was 21 days into my cover when I first rang with the fault!

When I pointed this out they then said I wasn’t covered as it was an existing problem, I asked how they come to that conclusion and they couldn’t give me an answer I asked to speak to a manger but they said none were available, I insisted one call me back they said they would get someone to ring back in a couple of hours but no one did.

I rang the next day as they still didn’t call me back, I was then told the policy was for a manger to call back within 24-48hrs and that someone will call me by then, I waited another 2 day/72hrs and rang them back, they then said my policy had been cancelled and I need to write/email a formal complaint and follow their complaints process.

I have done that and they have still not given me an answer/explanation as to why I am not covered for this fault they just replied stating refer to your terms and conditions.

I have read the terms and conditions and the only reason/exclusion I can see is under general exclusions which states they will not cover existing problems known to you the customer when you took the cover out or incidents which occur within the waiting period.

I replied confirming my heating was working 3 weeks ago when I took out the cover and that I am well inside the waiting period, I asked again for them to confirm why I am not covered and to explain how they have come to this conclusion/what evidence do they have to backup their decision and they haven’t answered!

It’s clear to me they are just trying to get out of the cost of the repair, I have asked for my excess back but they have refused saying I agreed to pay the excess, yes but they should honour their part of the contract and complete the repair, I stated I thought the pump had gone when I rang and they said this is covered under my policy and that they would send the engineer out for £95, why take my £95 if you were never going to cover this fault?

I have asked for my £95 back plus my first direct debit payment but they have declined, I am now left with no heating having to get independent quotes at about £250, I will have to get the pump done as it’s freezing but I shall be going through the small claims court to try I get my money back.

If you google this customer you will find many customers with similar complaints, be warned to touch 247Homerescure!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback