Holidays with a dog

Options

Comments

• knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 6,990 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 January 2018 at 11:04AM
    Options
    https://www.snaptrip.com propertyS50324 is where we stayed with our dog. Hidden out of the way and access was down stone steps but the best place we have stayed in UK. Top quality linen bedding lots of room and even a few dog treats left out.
    PS have you thought about getting a caravan? That is how we now spend most of our holidays.
  • queengoth
    queengoth Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    Took our girl (spinger spaniel) With us to Scarborough, I just googled pet friendly hotels. We went off season as some beaches only allow dogs at certain times of the year. I believe Robin Hood bay allows dogs all year round ?
    Shady pines ma, shady pines
  • Jellybro
    Jellybro Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas.

Knightstyle.. it looks lovely, thanks. My other half isn’t keen on towing a caravan.... but I love the idea. The other thought was to get a motor home... but they are just so expensive!
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,822 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    queengoth wrote: »
    Took our girl (spinger spaniel) With us to Scarborough, I just googled pet friendly hotels. We went off season as some beaches only allow dogs at certain times of the year. I believe Robin Hood bay allows dogs all year round ?

A bit further north, Whitby is very dog friendly - there are lots of holiday homes that accept dogs, and many of the cafe's, pubs etc actively welcome them.

However, as with Scarborough, the area of beach closest to the town is off-limits to dogs in the summer months, although you can take them to the area a bit further up the coast.
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've used https://www.sykescottages.co.uk/ for a few years and they have a search option if you want to take pets.

We've never had any issues with smelly properties. Good luck in your search!
  • Dawnmarie1
    Options
    Try Barendholidayvillage lovely log chalets near the local beach at Sandyhills south west Scotland. Pet friendly chalets and on site bar and restaurant.
  • mummyjane
    Options
    http://www.woodlandcottages.org.uk are beautiful cottages and you can take as many dogs as you want. They have a secure field and attached woodland, it's really lovely x
    GC 2023 June £72/500 NSDs 1/10
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hell will freeze over before I put my blind rescue into kennels. Plenty of holiday cottages take dogs these days - and some hotels too. Though I have found that cottages taking dogs tend to be the ones with hard floors or nasty nylon rugs/carpets that hang on to every dog hair. For some reason they also have rubbish vacuum cleaners. I spend so long trying to remove every single trace, I sometimes regret going away in the first place. :D
  • sturgeon62
    Options
    We have two lurchers which are quite large so are excluded from lots of places. We always holiday with them and have in the past stayed in some dire places until we found http://www.eastrustoncottages.co.uk/index.php
    Really dog friendly accommodation we even had a welcome pack for the dogs which included hand made dog treats, as well as holiday collars. The lets are really lovely. We stayed at Holmes House twice and it has super dog walks on the doorstep, the garden was secure for our dogs and I think they enjoyed the stay as much as us. There was a book which was packed with Dog places nearby, from walks to beaches to pubs, cafes and restaurants that would all allow our dogs.
  • Jellybro
    Jellybro Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions, it’s very much appreciated!
    Woodland cottages looks ideal!
    I will look through all the links.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family