PayPal deadline to esculate

Options
I opened a dispute as item was not as described. Item returned. Seller says they have refunded on 11th June but payment is not showing on my PayPal. My deadline to esculate is today otherwise case will close tomorrow

If I esculate i will no longer be able to communicate directly with the seller once a claim has been opened.
Any open refund offers made by the seller will be cancelled.

What should I do.

Thank u

Comments

• pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If the tracking shows it as delivered/returned, then escalate for a refund.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pinkshoes wrote: »
    If the tracking shows it as delivered/returned, then escalate for a refund.

This.

Esaclate.
  • paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,421 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I phoned paypal just to see if there was any refund not cleared and they said no refund had been made. They were fibbing
    So they told me they would esculate it for me.
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    I phoned paypal just to see if there was any refund not cleared and they said no refund had been made. They were fibbing
    So they told me they would esculate it for me.
    double check in your PP account under resolution to see if they have esculated the claim
  • paul2louise
    Options
    double check in your PP account under resolution to see if they have esculated the claim

Good point. I will. Make sure it's been done. Thank u
  • paul2louise
    Options
    Status

This significantly not as described dispute has been escalated to a claim.

We've requested additional information from the seller about this transaction.

What happens next

The seller has been asked to respond by!25 Jun 2017. Once we receive the information, we'll continue our review of this case.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you returned the item?
  • paul2louise
    Options
    Have you returned the item?

Yes and they confirmed that they had recieved it and told me that they had processed the refund on 11th and it should be in my paypal account in a couple of days. Strange because they also paid my return postage as gift payment and that was cleared on monday afternoon. Which is why i had no reason to not trust them. It may be an oversight but i had to follow the paypal procedure otherwise i wouldnt be able to follow this through.
  • ontheup1972
    ontheup1972 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    The gift payment, being a direct payment to your paypal account, would clear immediately.

Can I ask, did you pay for the goods from your paypal balance or from a debit/credit card through paypal?

The reason I ask is because refunds to your paypal are immediate, but when the refund has to go back to the funding source they can take up to 7 days.
  • paul2louise
    Options
    The gift payment, being a direct payment to your paypal account, would clear immediately.

Can I ask, did you pay for the goods from your paypal balance or from a debit/credit card through paypal?

The reason I ask is because refunds to your paypal are immediate, but when the refund has to go back to the funding source they can take up to 7 days.

I paid thro my paypal balance as I have money in my account after selling my kitchen.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure