All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Comments

• mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    No way MeandO!! Spooky! I've just put all the new bedding on and it looks lovely - surprising how a new few bits and pieces make such a difference. Did you buy anything?
    And talking about talking to strangers, I spoke to a lady at fat club that I didn't know and congratulated her on her big loss this week - she looked chuffed to bits that someone had acknowledged her achievement - nice to have made her day by a simple conversation. I should make the effort more often - perhaps it will pay me back one day? ;)
    Listened to a couple of podcasts on the walk and in the car earlier - some really interesting ones, including the moneybox podcast and one on motivation and making decisions and another on being happy and positive. Every little helps hopefully.

Just back from a nice long walk in the sunshine with the dog to the shops to buy a few fresh things - going to try really hard this week to lose at least 2.5 more lbs.

The hairdresser also rang to offer me a cancellation tomorrow (I was booked for Thursday) - I had been considering just having my fringe cut and dyeing it myself but was looking at it this morning and it really does need a good sorting out. It will make me feel better about myself and I'm trying to improve my self esteem and confidence (people that know me would be surprised that I struggle with that sometimes) and I won't have the time when I'm back in work so I'm going. I have budgeted for it so it's not an unexpected expense but I was thinking about saving the money instead.

Really looking forward to running club tomorrow - I'm really getting into it now. Good for me in lots of ways.
    Feeling quite positive today :)
  • mumblingtaff
    Forumite
    Hello, been wondering about you off and on, and wished you a much happier time than you've clearly been having. But your plans sound really productive and positive and I know you like a plan.

So sorry to hear about your Dad and your own health issues. Lots of empathy there as we are dealing with two parents with cancer issues, and both OH and I have some niggling ongoing health things too. Like you I've overhauled the diet and we've started the Couch to 5K together though I also go to a women's running group for all ages, experiences etc.

I'm glad you're planning your holidays too - I remember that you love them. I also think they do you a lot of good since you find it hard to relax at home/work. Sending lots of good thoughts.

Hi Joey! Thank you for popping in! How's is your running going? It's tough at the start but does get easier!
  • mumblingtaff
    Forumite
    Decided to stay in tonight as I'm a bit tired and the dog seems a bit under the weather - think he's getting a bit old for long journeys, they take it out of him and it will do him good to sleep at home tonight (he's been away from his bed for 4 days now). Will try to get him to the vet tomorrow if he's no brighter.
    Spoken to OH and he's ok with it, offered to come round but I think a quiet night all round would be better.

Have decided to get a few easy niggly jobs out of the way whilst I'm watching TV - have just applied for a new driving licence online, mine was an old paper version and literally in pieces. It cost £20 which I thought was fairly reasonable.
    I've also gone through the banking and reconciled outgoings with what's left over - should be fine until the end of the month. I'm not really drinking so big boozy nights out won't factor in spending.
    My haircut, the dogs haircut, his tablets and groceries are all budgeted for and squirrelled away in a different account so I won't spend the money ;)
    Socially, I have a book reading to attend on Friday evening but that's already paid for. Hopefully, if the weather is ok I'm going for a big walk somewhere on Saturday so that's a trip out for this week, it's running club tomorrow evening and Sunday morning (only £2 so will hardly break the bank) and I don't have any big plans apart from working weds-fri this week doing revision sessions from 9-12.30 for the year 11 students (I get paid extra for this but it's hardly anything after tax and I put the money straight into the holiday account).

Still need to get my passport sorted - will pick up a form tomorrow when I get my hair cut. I also need to do a bit of paperwork from the old car and ring the insurance company and then that's all outstanding admin sorted out and I'm all organised. :)
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,062
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Congrats on the 3.5. Absolutely with you on taking the time to be nice to random people. Makes the world round you so much more positive too :)
  • mumblingtaff
    Forumite
    Morning all! It's a really wet, miserable day here - pouring down. Not really looking forward to the dog walk, will be quite a short one and then hopefully it will dry up a bit later and we can go again.

I'm having my hair sorted this morning - about time too, it's desperate. Looking forward to looking and feeling better. Whilst I'm out and about, I'll pop in to the post office for a passport form and get some new photographs done (after the haircut!).
    I need to do some work this afternoon and then it's running club at 6.30 (hope it's stopped raining by then) and then I'll see OH this evening. So a pretty busy day.....

I didn't sleep brilliantly last night, seemed to toss and turn quite a bit. I had a little afternoon snooze for about an hour so maybe that's the reason? Don't normally sleep during the day so will try to avoid it.
    I did start a new book last night - an old Val McDermid novel that I hadn't read before. I like her writing, usually good stories with a twist and easy to read. I actually met her at a book signing and Q and A session last year - she was fab, a really interesting down to earth woman and she very kindly signed a book for my sister and wrote her a lovely message when I explained about my sister's situation and disability. She's the sort of person you could listen to for hours and clearly very comfortable in her own skin, she doesn't care what anyone thinks about her - good for her!

Right, enough procrastination, better get the waterproofs on and get the dog out.....
  • mumblingtaff
    Forumite
    Hair sorted - £70 but budgeted for and it looks much better now, made my next appointment while there too. Also popped into B&M for toiletries and a few bits - the bathroom stuff should last a couple of weeks and all needed, been running down supplies to use things up and almost at the end of everything.
    Picked up a passport application from the post office - it costs a fortune for a passport now! £93 if you take it back to the post office for checking!!!

Going to have some lunch, do some work and take the dog out at tea time before going to running club, it's freezing and wet so will have to make myself go, I'll enjoy it once I'm there ;)
  • mumblingtaff
    Forumite
    Managed to sit down and do 3 hours of work - feel a bit more organised now. Have a to do list of work related tasks and a vague idea of when to do them. There's plenty to be going on with :( back to earth with a bump....

Just walked the dog whilst it's dry for a change and am about to get changed to go to running club, at least it's stopped raining for now.
  • mumblingtaff
    Forumite
    Back from running club and waiting for tea to cook - I bloody love it!! :) Who'd have thought that I'd actually enjoy running - think it's meeting new people that have no connection to work or OH and that I'm seeing myself improve every time.
    I'm just sorry I didn't do it earlier.

Just going to watch telly, eat some food and read my book - at work in the morning so need to get to bed at a respectable time
  • mumblingtaff
    Forumite
    Morning all! Woke up at 5.30 this morning but did feel like I'd slept better. Have done an hour of work already this morning while waiting for it to get light, getting back into it now.
    Today's plan is to go for a big walk with the dog (who seems much better thankfully), get showered and go to work until lunchtime doing revision sessions for year 11, then perhaps go for a run if it's not pouring down and do a couple of hours work this afternoon at home.
    I have a couple of admin jobs and household things to get sorted this afternoon too so plenty to do.
    Right better get out with the dog and start the day properly......
  • MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,899
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I wish I could be one of those people who enjoy running - I did once train for and complete a half marathon but I'm afraid the running bug never bit me!

Have a lovely day, hope the weather's nice for you, it's grey and torrential back here today. :(
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £67,390
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £612.94/£2000 Total OP’s: £8823.50
    SAVINGS: EF: £6423.55/£15,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills