Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    mhoc wrote: »
    I think there are quite a few using their car boots as mobile stash storage :rotfl:

OH moans at me even if I leave stuff in there a few days.
    I went to T before Christmas to return something only to find it had been taken out of the boot and was at home in the spare room. :mad:
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Incase anyone has a Sparks card and an upcoming birthday the birthday offer is 20% off clothing, one usage and 10% off food one usage valid for a fortnight.

sadly does not include alcohol :( so possibly it wont work on a meal deal.
    The clothing one - I am wondering what would happen if I bought a jumper in store - would it also take my jumper £5 off and then take another 20% off ... might be worth an experiment. Online I suspect it will only take one offer - it wont take the 20% off ...

"Please note, once activated online, this discount will be applied to your next qualifying transaction. EXCLUDES: Beers, wines & spirits, branded food goods, Lunch to you, Wine Club, Food to Order, Deli Bars, M&S Caf!, restaurants and reduced items. Valid in selected UK stores (excluding Channel Islands, M&S Outlet and BP Connect stores). Offer cannot be redeemed online. This Sparks discount will be applied after all other discounts (except staff discount, which will be applied last). Offer can be used once in store. If the item(s) is subsequently returned, you will not be able to reuse this offer. Offer strictly non-transferable and cannot be sold or exchanged for cash. Any refunds will take the discount into account and your Sparks balance will be adjusted accordingly. ".

EXCLUDES: Furniture, schoolwear, branded baby goods, Made to Measure Shirts, Made to Order Suits, Fitbit, BB-8 Sphero, Propel Star Wars Battle Quads, tailoring alterations, ‘your school uniform’ service, Made to Order measuring and fitting curtain service, repairs services, name tapes, Personalised Cards & Gift Card/Vouchers, charity items, sale & clearance items. Valid in selected UK stores (excluding Channel Islands, M&S Outlet and BP Connect stores) and online at marksandspencer.com. This Sparks discount will be applied after all other discounts (except staff discount, which will be applied last). Offer can be used once in store or once online. If the item(s) is subsequently returned, you will not be able to reuse this offer. Subject to availability. Any refunds will take the discount into account and your Sparks balance will be adjusted accordingly. Offer strictly non-transferable and cannot be sold or exchanged for cash. Marks & Spencer reserves the right to reject use of this offer with reasonable cause. ©Marks and Spencer plc: Waterside House, 35 North Wharf Road, London W2 1NW.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc wrote: »
    Big thanks to the kind person who encouraged us to go to the ref board and put our codes in. A kind person has used my shopmiumms code this morning - I think I get a free Lindt bar but its not showing on my list yet - will it take a few days, am I being impatient??? Free chocolate is always very exciting!

I think it might be a good filler item for a
    a v Mr T shop

if propercorn is still on the COS list and my store has restocked and I can think of a good enough comparison list ...

Also can I ask what happens now. Do I delete my original message? How long before I can put a new code up? Will shopimumm issue me with a brand new code?

Morning luvlies

That’s great mhoc, they get the chocolate and you get £4 referral credit added to your account. This means if you fancy buying something half price at £2 instead of £4 for example you get it free and £2 is taken from your referral credit. You always keep the same code.

I was the one who initially bought shopmium over to our thread and I think about 6 people from here used my code, I still have about £5 of my credit left :)
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • mhoc
    curl_girl wrote: »
    OH moans at me even if I leave stuff in there a few days.
    I went to T before Christmas to return something only to find it had been taken out of the boot and was at home in the spare room. :mad:

MY OH tends to over compensate and always asks if I want things left in the boot as he assumes I am taking things back - I don't do that many returns!
    Over Christmas he was driving around with two trays of cat food - 24 tins in all - convinced they were going back to Asda - and then the morning cat food cans was very low stock and I needed the Asda tins he had taken the car and the cans to work with him :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Morning luvlies

That’s great mhoc, they get the chocolate and you get £4 referral credit added to your account. This means if you fancy buying something half price at £2 instead of £4 for example you get it free and £2 is taken from your referral credit. You always keep the same code.

I was the one who initially bought shopmium over to our thread and I think about 6 people from here used my code, I still have about £5 of my credit left :)

ta for this - I had a proper look now and it says I've actually got £8 pending - so 2 people have used my code - even better

Fingers crossed a new offer comes up soon :)
  • izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I think there are quite a few using their car boots as mobile stash storage :rotfl:

Good morning, wouldn't want too much in your Boot here today, it's -6*c, gorgeous day though so far.
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • abailey54
    abailey54 Posts: 1,581 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning Elite :)

bubbs wrote: »
    Evening all :D
    abailey you said you wasnt pregnant the other day!!:pCongratulations:T:T:T

Thanks bubbs :D I know, I was trying to be secretive, but had to blab about my blubbing because it's just so wierd! I've got 3 weeks to wait for the scan and it seems like a huge wait, I expect everyone I know will know by then, but I'll try and keep it to myself

TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Awwwww.......congratulations abailey:T

It’s about time we had another elite baby:)

Thanks TM :D
    Final cigarette smoked 02/01/18
    Weight loss 2017 28lbs
    Weight gain 2018 8lbs :rotfl:
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    ta for this - I had a proper look now and it says I've actually got £8 pending - so 2 people have used my code - even better

Fingers crossed a new offer comes up soon :)
    Just had a look at mine and £8 pending :)

Morning all :wave:
  • mhoc
    Also COS have sent me one of those weird cashback offers via text again - free 1.75l coke zero and also £1 off eight-packs of cans.

I am thinking that 2 coke zeros are about £1.75 each or £2.50 in sada and Mr T so that's another good addition to the list

Have to do a search back to see if they are matching :D

They had one of these a long while back, I was totally unconvinced but it worked - the cashback appeared on my totals.
  • mhoc
    abailey54 wrote: »
    Morning Elite :)

Thanks bubbs :D I know, I was trying to be secretive, but had to blab about my blubbing because it's just so wierd! I've got 3 weeks to wait for the scan and it seems like a huge wait, I expect everyone I know will know by then, but I'll try and keep it to myself

Thanks TM :D

Your secret is safe with us, we dont blab :)

Just tell everyone at work you have aussie flu starting and to keep well clear of us - that will stop anyone jumping to conclusions :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure