PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2018 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Comments

• tboo
    tboo Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 14 April 2018 at 10:28PM
    111 - 116) 6 playing necklaces gone from DD's drawer that hold her brush, bobbles, hair bows etc
    Lots of crud thrown out so not counting those.

However the above 6 out has to be nearly counteracted with 5 bottles of perfume back in that eldest DD has given to her younger sister.

I am not counting a large trifle glass bowl that she tried to palm onto me from her house - I have 1 already so it's in the CS bag.
    “You’re only here for a short visit.
    Don’t hurry, don't worry and be sure to smell the flowers along the way.”
    Walter Hagen

365 Day 1p Challenge for 2021 #41 ✅
    Jar £440.31/£667.95 and Bank £389.67/£667.95

• Hi from France,

I arrived Friday & my DH arrived a few hours ago. My DSis has managed to declutter a cookery Book & a set of scales TO ME :rotfl: However, two items into my kitchen will be immediately counteracted by 8 glass bowls which have been earmarked for the cs & I will be revisiting all my kitchen cupboards for a 2nd time & decluttering the rest of the items I kept ‘in hope’ of using them :rotfl: This time I will be brutal as I have found an absolutely marvellous cs ‘I :heart: Community’ who are trying to make a real difference in the community. :T

The French decluttering starts in earnest tomorrow :D

I might even list the French stuff as F.. so

F1 Italian cookery Book to England
    F2 Kitchen scales to England

To a Clutter Free Life

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Rootle
    Rootle Posts: 190 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    15/52 - a trip to the CS to drop off a board game, card game, sun hat and a filing case (and a dud pair of shoes in the bin).
  • MrsSD- glad to see the laughter. Keep smiling.
  • Sa1sysoo
    Sa1sysoo Posts: 297 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    84-89. Nail Varnishes
    90-92. Vests
    93. Car Battery Re-Charger
    94. Cheque Paid In
    95. PG Tips + Monkey sold on ebay
    96. Box of bulldogs clips
    97. Leggings
    98. Pooleopoly
    99. Unicorn Pin Badge
    100. Badge Box
    101-103. Sound Cards
    104. Hair Tongs
    105. Shampoo Sample
    106-158. Comics sold on eBay
    159. Pack of Pencils
    160. My Little Pony Hair Comb
    161. Electronic Screwdriver
    162. Mouse
    163. Light
    164-306. Parts of Marquee
    307-309. Buckets with holes in
    310. Freezer basket
    311-312. Lizard Logs
    313. Charger Base
    314-317. Frozen Food
    OH OD - £100.00/£100.00 Joint OD - £100.00/£100.00StepChange: £10,057.67
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 15 April 2018 at 11:28PM
    Hi from France,

I arrived Friday & my DH arrived a few hours ago. My DSis has managed to declutter a cookery Book & a set of scales TO ME :rotfl: However, two items into my kitchen will be immediately counteracted by 8 glass bowls which have been earmarked for the cs & I will be revisiting all my kitchen cupboards for a 2nd time & decluttering the rest of the items I kept !!!8216;in hope!!!8217; of using them :rotfl: This time I will be brutal as I have found an absolutely marvellous cs !!!8216;I :heart: Community!!!8217; who are trying to make a real difference in the community. :T

The French decluttering starts in earnest tomorrow :D

I might even list the French stuff as F.. so

F1 Italian cookery Book to England
    F2 Kitchen scales to England

To a Clutter Free Life

MrsSD
    MrsSD- glad to see the laughter. Keep smiling.

I really do love reading your posts Mrs Salad Dodger as they make me smile, giggle and laugh. Its as if there is a bit of mischief in them somewhere. Like in your post above you wrote that your DSis had managed to declutter a cookery book and a set of scales TO YOU then you put the :rotfl:ROTFL on the end of the sentence. Then later in your post you wrote the French decluttering starts in earnest tomorrow with the :D big grin. Also you wrote saying you were going to list the French stuff with a F in front of the number. Your posts are really quite quirky and a pleasure to read.

Can I ask please if you don't mind, is your username Mrs Salad Dodger because you don't like eating salads so you dodge them?:rotfl: Just that I wondered :)

Edwink x
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • edwink wrote: »
    I really do love reading your posts Mrs Salad Dodger as they make me smile, giggle and laugh. Its as if there is a bit of mischief in them somewhere. Like in your post above you wrote that your DSis had managed to declutter a cookery book and a set of scales TO YOU then you put the :rotfl:ROTFL on the end of the sentence. Then later in your post you wrote the French decluttering starts in earnest tomorrow with the :D big grin. Also you wrote saying you were going to list the French stuff with a F in front of the number. Your posts are really quite quirky and a pleasure to read.

Can I ask please if you don't mind, is your username Mrs Salad Dodger because you don't like eating salads so you dodge them?:rotfl: Just that I wondered :)

Edwink x

Edwink, thank you so much for your post - I read it aloud & we now have a happy DH, DSis, nephew & I am still chuckling :rotfl:

The name was picked as my DH was nicknamed Mr Salad Dodger by his motorcycling friends :rotfl: as when we have buffet meals he always avoided the salad stuff & just chose loads of carbs & meats. I love salad but when it came to choosing a name to post under I thought Mrs Salad Dodger would be apropos :rotfl: My nickname from the motorcycling group was ‘The Sweetie Lady’ but there are too many connotations to that one :rotfl::D Quick explanation - Every May Day 50 or so people bike to France for a 3 day w/e & I always bring a big jar of old fashioned sweets e.g. flying saucers, black jacks, sherbet fountains etc. :rotfl:

Anyway DSis has decluttered a Book to my DH :rotfl:

F3 Book to England

MrsSD
    F3/F20,180 ?

Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • My DSis has been brutal today, so I will be guessing at numbers of rubbish bags out rather than contents of said large black bin bags :rotfl: She & my DH have done one Tip run today (she now has a card to raise the barrier herself :rotfl: )

F4 - F10 Disgustingly dirty rugs toTip
    F11 Manky large computer desk dismantled & taken to Tip
    F12 - F13 Twenty year old child car seats to Tip
    F14 - F20 Full Black bin bags to Tip
    F21 - F71 Musty & damp English books in recycling bin
    F72 - F102 Various sizes of cardboard boxes dismantled & in recycling bin
    F103 - F132 English children’s books - boxed up to take to English cs
    F133 - F173 Various Books, DVDs & games being relocated to nephew’s flat

The next car load of stuff for the Tip is sitting in the hallway ready to be put in car for a Tip run tomorrow

F174 - F183 Full Black bin bags to Tip
    F184 - F200 Broken Electrical items, fishing paraphernalia & computer bits to Tip

She also now has a pile of stuff to be sold for €1 to €5 when she has her sale! Anything unsold will go straight to the Tip :T

The unfortunate thing is that although her rubbish is collected weekly, her recycling is only collected fortnightly :( & she now has two full recycling bins which won’t be emptied until next week :mad:

So a good start for my DSis :T

MrsSD
    F200/F20,180 :rotfl:

• Hi everyone from a beautiful sunny France :) Not a cloud to be seen & properly warm :rotfl:

The decluttering is going apace :) DH & DSis have made two Tip runs today - one with the 10+ bags from yesterday, the other with a dozen medium sized boxes full of general detritus. The car is now full of paper & cardboard ready for tomorrow’s first Tip run :j

F201 - F212 Filled Boxes to Tip today
    F213 - F220 Bags filled with paper & cardboard to Tip tomorrow

DSis, DH & DNeph were on attic duty - 50 foot by 20 foot & 10 foot high with the entire floor space covered with boxes, bags, suitcases & chests :eek: it is still not empty :eek:

I was on packing duty for the beautiful dinner service which I am inheriting - 2 crates filled (12 settings) but well padded with bubble wrap, nice towels, curtains & fleecy blankets :T + cooking duty - spaghetti bolognese for dinner - yum yum! (Bonus decluttering - mince from freezer & 4 jars emptied, washed & recycled :j )

I then cleared a table & started emptying a double cupboard of crockery & glassware. Getting along fine - a steady pace & leaving it so DSis could make her decisions - keep, Tip or put out for sale WHEN DSis got fed up of shouting at her DS & sort of my DH & decided to ‘help’ me :mad: She tipped out two double cupboards & four drawers :T

Anyway, kudos to my DSis :):j:T:rotfl: - She is keeping NOTHING - EVERYTHING is Tip or For Sale :T:rotfl: You could have knocked me down with a feather :rotfl:
    I have kept two large roasting tins BUT if they do not fit my ovens I will be donating to cs :rotfl: If they do fit, I will be binning 3 roasting tins :T so a win all around :rotfl:

So tomorrow - Tip runs, clear the space for the sale items (which I will clean & arrange & mark up prices), finish clearing the attic & sorting all the boxes. If my DSis is as brutal as she has been so far we will be quite happy :) or should that be ECSTATIC :rotfl:

Anyway, need to get DH out of the bath & I need to put the pasta on.

See you tomorrow :)

A happier MrsSD
    F220/F20,180 :rotfl:

• edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 18 April 2018 at 7:43PM
    Few bits and bobs out for us today.

1 Tiny weenie bottle of Cajun sauce emptied and bottle REC
    1 Eye cream USED UP
    1 Tiny bits of ribbon BIN
    1 Tiny bits of string COMPOST
    2 Hair ties overstretched BIN
    18 Really nice bracelets CS
    3 Necklaces CS
    3 Hairbands CS
    1 Hairband overstretched BIN
    1 Broken Hairband BIN

Edwink

456/2018
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure