Single, six kids and going to be debt free!

Comments

• Mumoffourkids
    Mumoffourkids Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Chrystal wrote: »
    Don't know what to say really about ex OH... I'd be calling down lightening bolt on him if it was me!
    Maybe next time you can say you're going out and won't be back till XY time?

Does he work away? Can't imagine why he hasn't seem them for 6 weeks, and if he can't cope with them for a few hours how the hell does he think you manage? :mad:

Definitely get DD to help when she gets home.... sounds as though it's time for everyone to realise that you're not a robot and it's time they started to give more thought to you. ((hugs))

Thanks Chrystal, DD1 did indeed tidy the entire living room and conservatory and moved the dining table and chairs for me whilst I was out picking the kids up, so she did help in the end. I think she thought she was only going to be an hour in town but ended up going for the whole afternoon!

Oh and EX-H hasn't seen the kids because he only sees them every three weeks. We live about two and half hours drive apart and this arrangement was originally put in place when he lived with his parents in a 2 bed house. Now he has his own 5 bed house but he doesn't want to change the arrangement and only wants to see them every three weeks. Unfortunately four of the kids play rugby and they have training on a Saturday morning and matches Sundays. I don't like them missing too much of their rugby so I try to work out when they can go to see him when they don't have a match. Unfortunately the last time he was supposed to see them, there was a snow warning but it was the second warning and we didn't really get much snow at all. He put off having the kids and we were away the week after on a rugby tour.

I have said to him that the arrangements need to change as originally it was because his parents didn't like the kids staying too often. He just replied with, well it suits me fine only seeing them every three weeks. Even then we don't meet until half nine on a saturday morning and the last few times we have met, he has brought them back early on a sunday (I am talking 11am to lunchtime) as one of the girls has had a rugby match. So in my eyes he has barely seen them for 24 hours! He thinks because he pays what the child maintenance calculator says he should, he thinks that is his responsibility done.

Sorry rant over, but it does annoy me! The other ex (dad of the youngest) will quite happily take the two youngest for the day and will even take the next two as well if the oldest two are playing rugby. He doesn't have to but he does it because he knows it helps me and the kids really like him.
  • Storm89
    Storm89 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Your youngest father sounds great mumoffour , it's a shame your ex husband is a pita. The kids will realise as they're not daft , it's not all about the money it's about spending time with his kids , he sounds an utter idiot. 'It suits me fine seeing them every 3 weeks' oh well that's all right then if it suits YOU fine .
  • Mumoffourkids
    Thanks Storm. The youngest's dad has his moments. Sometimes he is really helpful and other times he needs to grow up a bit. But that is probably most men to be fair!

The Ex H is a PITA and I have given him dates when the kids are free so will see if he replies!

So today will be a sorting out clothes day. Seeing as I caught up with all the washing yesterday, today will be sorting the clothes out and putting them away. I also want to sort out the TV unit but apart from that I don't have any major plans of things to sort out. I can't believe I am actually saying that! There are lots of little places to sort out so I might do a couple of them I suppose.

But for today the list is as follows:

- Sort out dry washing
    - Put all dry clothes away
    - Iron school clothes
    - Wrap up presents bought for DD1 and DD3
    - Sort out TV unit
    - Take DD1 to work and do tip run on the way
    - Put food order away this evening
    - Meal plan for the week
    - Take DD3 to Opticians this afternoon
    - List ten things on ebay/FB
  • charlies_tribe
    charlies_tribe Posts: 1,459 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    You are doing fantastic with the house. I could so do with some of that motivation. Your children sound fantastic too! If i even mention cleaning mine have disappeared in seconds.
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • kerron7
    kerron7 Posts: 196 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I wish I could have your motivation, I wake up with good intentions then it falls by the wayside as the day goes on!
    Emergency Fund - £50/£500
  • Mumoffourkids
    You are doing fantastic with the house. I could so do with some of that motivation. Your children sound fantastic too! If i even mention cleaning mine have disappeared in seconds.

Thanks Charlie, and don't worry my kids normally run a mile when I mention cleaning. I think my eldest felt bad that she didn't help me with the garage. Her friend helped her as well and I normally take her friend to the gym so I think she felt she had to pay me back a bit.
    kerron7 wrote: »
    I wish I could have your motivation, I wake up with good intentions then it falls by the wayside as the day goes on!

Oh I start off with good intentions and then by the afternoon/evening, they have normally all left me and I find myself on here reading diaries!
  • Mumoffourkids
    So today has gone as follows:

[STRIKE]- Sort out dry washing[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]- Put all dry clothes away[/STRIKE] - apart from mine but I will do them soon
    [STRIKE]- Iron school clothes[/STRIKE] - nearly done, just got DD3's to do which I will do next
    - Sort out TV unit
    [STRIKE]- Take DD1 to work and do tip run on the way[/STRIKE]
    - Put food order away this evening
    - Meal plan for the week
    [STRIKE]- Take DD3 to Opticians this afternoon[/STRIKE]

So a few bits to do this evening but I am hoping they get done as I am at work tomorrow so won't have much time to do anything in the evening. Right best get this ironing finished.
  • kerron7
    kerron7 Posts: 196 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mine pull a face too when I ask them to do anything which is wash up once a week! And even more so when I list off the things I had to do at their age.
    Emergency Fund - £50/£500
  • Mumoffourkids
    kerron7 wrote: »
    Mine pull a face too when I ask them to do anything which is wash up once a week! And even more so when I list off the things I had to do at their age.

Surprisingly mine have helped tidy up the living room including the three year old! I think they must want something as they usually aren't that helpful :rotfl:.

So onto today's list:

[STRIKE]- Sort out dry washing[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]- Put all dry clothes away[/STRIKE] - apart from mine but I will do them soon
    [STRIKE]- Iron school clothes[/STRIKE] - all done
    [STRIKE]- Sort out TV unit[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]- Take DD1 to work and do tip run on the way[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]- Put food order away this evening[/STRIKE] - Done and kids helped!
    - Meal plan for the week
    [STRIKE]- Take DD3 to Opticians this afternoon[/STRIKE]

So all kids are in their rooms in bed, they may not be asleep but at least they are out of the living room, which is sort of clean and tidy! So I am at the laptop and will try and list some bits for sale as at present I haven't got anything listed on ebay!
  • Mumoffourkids
    So meal plan for the week as I don't seem to have a pen and paper handy:

Tuesday - Chicken Dippers & waffles
    Wednesday - Home made pizzas
    Thursday - Chicken Drumsticks & garlic bread
    Friday - Pasta bolognaise
    Saturday - Roast Chicken
    Sunday - Burgers/Sausages & chips
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories