IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

newbie PCN lease car scotland

Options
2»

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    you think i should just pay up?

Nope, because there is nothing that the debt collector can do other than send silly letters.

P4Parking have never instigated court proceedings in England/Wales, where it is a much easier process than to do so in Scotland.

So do you reckon you'd be their very first court case anywhere and they would travel up from Larndarn to attend a Sheriff Court in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Inverness (or wherever you are in Scotland), spending hundreds of pounds just to recover £100?

And if they are crazy enough to try, come back to us on this thread for further advice.

But to reiterate, we are not a forum that condones in any way fly parking, bad parking or the forging of permits, tickets, blue badges or the like. Those who do this provide landowners with every reason in the world to bring in private parking companies to 'protect' their land. And those who cause this run to us to get them out of the hole they have created for themselves. Just saying .....
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    What part of my response suggested you should pay?

Why do poeple jump to "dont do anything" meaning "pay"?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,721 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    you think i should just pay up?

Hahaha! Where on this ENTIRE forum do you see that advised?

NEVER, unless a case is lost in court, which is rare and no big deal.

:eek:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • wicklamucker
    wicklamucker Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 March 2018 at 9:34AM
    Options
    Many thanks all for the advice, i think i was just getting the jitters which i think these coyboys tend to feed off of - funnily enough a colleague of mine has only just paid his despite me telling him to come on here first!

Umkomass, appreciate that (post edited)
    anyway dont park any more - on the train now :(
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I would delete that if I were you...prying eyes and all that.
  • wicklamucker
    Options
    ....so I have just had an email from the company facilities manager stating that she has recieved another pcn for the same incident, stating that the charge is now £179 and failure to pay will result in court proceedings. I have asked her to pass it on to me.

Am i right in saying that they cannot seek greater than £100, and that they should only be contacting me and not the company (they do have my details)???
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Am i right in saying that they cannot seek greater than £100
    That's a Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Scneduke 4 stipulation. PoFA Schedule 4 doesn't apply in Scotland.
    and that they should only be contacting me and not the company (they do have my details)???
    For every PCN they issue they must acquire new details from the DVLA, who can only release registered keeper details shown on the vehicle's V5C.

By the way, one question mark (?) is sufficient to indicate a question is being asked.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    If the letters keep coming to the company then the company are still being held liable.

Have they not completed the necessary transfer of liability form (naming you and giving your address as the lessee/hirer of that vehicle) if not, why not? THEY MUST. NOT just 'pass it to you'.
  • wicklamucker
    Options
    Im not sure if they ever completed the transfer of liability form. I will check.
    Does this change anything at all?

In my past correspondence with the cowboys i did state that i was the hirer of the vehicle.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Does this change anything at all?
    Yes, like I said, they are still being held liable, i.e. they stand to be sued, then what do you think they will do? Get the money off you and pay up, that's what will happen.

And no, I am not telling you to pay. Already said what they MUST do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure