Pip form

Options
Hi pip sent me a review form but sent it to my old address so I couldn’t fill it in and send it back so they stopped my pip so I rang and they sent another form out and I filled it in but it has been weeks now is it common for them to send a review form out and what is the process after you have sent it back if anyone could help that would be great thanks

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ghjl wrote: »
    Hi pip sent me a review form but sent it to my old address so I couldn’t fill it in and send it back so they stopped my pip so I rang and they sent another form out and I filled it in but it has been weeks now is it common for them to send a review form out and what is the process after you have sent it back if anyone could help that would be great thanks
    It's the same process as the first time you applied. Another assessment is highly likely and there's no timescales for this. Did you send in evidence to support your claim? This will be needed even for a review. Once you've had the assessment if a decision goes in your favour you'll have a new award date. If a decision doesn't go in your favour your money will stop 4 weeks after the decision is made.
  • Ghjl
    Ghjl Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    I dont get it sorry Ive never had one before just a few questions

why do they send them out in the first place and my money has been stopped already and they just keep saying they are waiting for the form i sent back a few weeks ago

and why would I need to go for another assessment I only had just over 12 months ago Im so confused and not getting any answers off them when I ring up so if everything iss ok with my review form will they reinstate payments and that means I wont have to go for an assessment

And finallyalong with other health problems Ive got stage 5 kidney disease with my kidneys functioning at 5 percent and I am on heamodialysis 3 times a week for 4 hours at a time will that have any impact on my claim I know it did with esa it wasnt actually my fault about the form they sent it to my old addresss will that not also go in my favour because I couldnt fill it out if I didnt receive it and thats why they stopped it because I didnt fill it out
  • poppy12345
    Options
    I don!!!8217;t get it sorry I!!!8217;ve jever had one before just a few questions

why do they send them out in the first place and my money has been stopped already and they just keep saying they are waiting for the form i sent back a few weeks ago

and why would I need to go for another assessment I only had just over 12 months ago I!!!8217;m so confused and not getting any answers off them when I ring up so if everything!!!8217;s ok with my review form will they reinstate payments and that means I won!!!8217;t have to go for an assessment

And finallyalong with other health problems I!!!8217;ve got stage 5 kidney disease with my kidneys functioning at 5 percent and I am on heamodialysis 3 times a week for 4 hours at a time will that have any impact on my claim I know it did with esa it wasn!!!8217;t actually my fault about the form they sent it to my old addresss will that not also go in my favour because I couldn!!!8217;t fill it out if I didn!!!8217;t receive it and that!!!8217;s why they stopped it because I didn!!!8217;t fill it out
    The reason why they stopped your money was most probably because you didn't return the first form they sent you in time. When you move house you need to tell everyone your new address. I'm only guessing this is why your money was stopped. To know for sure then you'll have to ring PIP and ask them.

Your money may not re-start until a new decision's been made on this one. Again you'll need to ring PIP and ask them.

PIP reviews are done 1 year before the award is due to end. Most peole have another assessment, unfortunately.

As for your health conditions i'd advice sending in the evidence with the form. Whether an assessment is needed will depend on the evidence you send but it's rare to have a paper based decision.

I'd concentrate on filling that form in and returning it will all your evidence.
  • Ghjl
    Options
    Do you mean people usually have another assessment a year before its due to end and thank you for all your help Im so grateful
  • poppy12345
    Options
    Do you mean people usually have another assessment a year before its due to end and thank you for all your help Im so grateful
    I mean people are sent review forms 1 year before it's due to end. Once these forms are returned another assessment is highly likely, as most have them even at review.
  • Ghjl
    Options
    Ok I understand now thank you for your help
  • And as always concentrate on your care/mobility problems not the illness(es)
  • B_G_B
    B_G_B Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    ...................they just keep saying they are waiting for the form i sent back a few weeks ago

That would concern me. I sent a pip form back recently and had a text to say that they had received it 6 days later.
  • Ghjl
    Options
    Oh no I will ring them again tomorrow and see what is happening that sounds bad if you received a text 6 days later and its been just over 2 week since I sent it
  • poppy12345
    Options
    B_G_B wrote: »
    That would concern me. I sent a pip form back recently and had a text to say that they had received it 6 days later.
    They will only text a claimant if a mobile number was put on the form. Some don't put then down. If they don't put them down, DWP don't text.

Having said that i put my mobile number down on my daughters PIP form but never recieved a text saying they'd recieved it. I just got a letter for a face 2 face about 10 days after the form had been sent. I didn't even get a text saying they had all the info they needed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure