Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jelli
    • By Jelli 31st Jan 18, 9:42 PM
    • 105Posts
    • 16Thanks
    Jelli
    Game purchase not as described
    • 31st Jan 18, 9:42 PM
    Game purchase not as described 31st Jan 18 at 9:42 PM
    Hi, firstly the PC game in question is called "Transformers Devastation Exclusive Edition" from Game.co.uk.

I'm not sure if I'm at fault but I bought this 'edition' thinking it was unique with bonus DLC when compared to a standard edition but found nothing special other than it being the only PC version sold in the UK (it's still just a Steam code in a box though). In the store description it mentions a pre-order bonus but was later told that relates to a 2015 release, but there's no info on the product's page mentioning that.

A webchat person just said "it's exclusive because we're the only UK retailer that sell it, and the pre-order bonus is no longer applicable", but when I asked where does it make that clear I didn't get anywhere and the conversion ended.

I've tried phoning Game.co.uk but they don't have any real people available to speak too. When a recording says "passing you through to someone" it hangs up in 2-3 seconds.
    Last edited by Jelli; 31-01-2018 at 10:49 PM.
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 31st Jan 18, 10:24 PM
    • 31,942 Posts
    • 20,122 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 31st Jan 18, 10:24 PM
    • 31st Jan 18, 10:24 PM
    At the time it was unique as it had the DLC.

Its an oversight as there should be an edit made to the description to say the dlc isnt redeemable.
    • Jelli
    • By Jelli 31st Jan 18, 10:31 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Jelli
    • 31st Jan 18, 10:31 PM
    • 31st Jan 18, 10:31 PM
    I just wish I got the advertised product but codes can't be unactivated.
    Last edited by Jelli; 31-01-2018 at 10:46 PM.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 31st Jan 18, 10:48 PM
    • 31,942 Posts
    • 20,122 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 31st Jan 18, 10:48 PM
    • 31st Jan 18, 10:48 PM
    I just wish I got the advertised product but codes can't be unactivated.
    Originally posted by Jelli
    Maybe try writing to Game and explain the issue, never know you might get something back.
    • Jelli
    • By Jelli 31st Jan 18, 10:50 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Jelli
    • 31st Jan 18, 10:50 PM
    • 31st Jan 18, 10:50 PM
    OK, will try that. Nice to speak to you DCFC.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 1st Feb 18, 9:39 AM
    • 31,942 Posts
    • 20,122 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 1st Feb 18, 9:39 AM
    • 1st Feb 18, 9:39 AM
    OK, will try that. Nice to speak to you DCFC.
    Originally posted by Jelli
    Keep the letter simple and to the point, it could work.
    • Chickabiddybex
    • By Chickabiddybex 1st Feb 18, 10:06 AM
    • 1,299 Posts
    • 1,607 Thanks
    Chickabiddybex
    • 1st Feb 18, 10:06 AM
    • 1st Feb 18, 10:06 AM
    I'd try Tweeting them - companies often seem more eager to help when you complain in front of people...
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • Jelli
    • By Jelli 1st Feb 18, 10:37 AM
    • 105 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Jelli
    • 1st Feb 18, 10:37 AM
    • 1st Feb 18, 10:37 AM
    I'd try Tweeting them - companies often seem more eager to help when you complain in front of people...
    Originally posted by Chickabiddybex
    Good idea, thanks.
    • Johnmcl7
    • By Johnmcl7 1st Feb 18, 3:15 PM
    • 2,458 Posts
    • 1,631 Thanks
    Johnmcl7
    • 1st Feb 18, 3:15 PM
    • 1st Feb 18, 3:15 PM
    If you haven't already, make sure to take a screenshot showing page on the Game store advertising the DLC.

I bought a game in store that had a large sticker on the front promoting the DLC that version came with as did all the other boxes on display. When I took it to the till they placed the manual and disc in the box but I didn't see the bonus DLC which I queried and was told that was a preorder bonus only even calling a manager over to back him up even though I'd simply pointed out that the large sticker on the front of the box made no mention of it being a preorder bonus. I was made out to be unreasonable to ask for the DLC and given the shabby condition of the manual for a brand new item I decided to leave it and generally avoided them since.
    • SuperPikachu
    • By SuperPikachu 1st Feb 18, 4:21 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    SuperPikachu
    I have avoided Game for years. They very very rarely have the best prices!
    "Wild Pikachu appeared!"
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 8th Feb 18, 6:24 PM
    • 9,044 Posts
    • 5,393 Thanks
    teddysmum
    A couple of years ago I bought 'new' pc game from their website. However,the game received had the seal broken and finger prints on the disc, so I returned it with the reason given.

I received a replacement which was actually the disc I'd sent back. (I could tell as this disc also had fingerprints and the same distinctive marks on the case.)

I called to complain and was told that stock was , sometimes, sent out from shops which remove the contents of cases which are put on display.

They offered to take a return and give a refund, but as the game worked and was difficult to find at a decent price, I decided to keep it.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 8th Feb 18, 7:57 PM
    • 31,942 Posts
    • 20,122 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Any news OP ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,584Posts Today

9,095Users online

Martin's Twitter