pension

hi
I have a private pension which is due to mature in June
I have been a non UK tax payer for approx. 14 years but have been receiving tax relief contributions from HMRC
I only realised this 6/12 months ago and my PFA has asked about how will affect me but no seems to know
Does anyone have any suggestions

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I have been a non UK tax payer for approx. 14 years but have been receiving tax relief contributions from HMRC

Since 2001, you can pay upto £3600 gross a year into a pension even if you are a non-taxpayer and still get tax relief. Are you contributions below that?
    my PFA has asked about how will affect me but no seems to know

What is a PFA?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    What do you mean by "mature" ?
  • andy001
    andy001 Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    AnotherJoe wrote: »
    What do you mean by "mature" ?

I'm assuming that OP meant that he is eligible to take pension in private scheme?
    I'm not a Financial advisor.
    Please seek independent financial advice.
  • johng63 wrote: »
    hi

When you say non UK tax payer i assume you are UK based/relevant UK individual?

As DunstonH said It is possible to continue to contribute to a registered pension scheme and receive tax relief on contributions of up to £3,600 but only for up to five tax years after ceasing to be UK resident.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure