I've quit everything. Now what ?

Comments

• Went to wilko in Poole , to get Stanley knife and a few other bits.
    They have a lot of decent stuff that's cheap . Some cube storage units caught my eye.
    Had to go to nationwide and cancel next fridays appointment , as that will be the day I'll be moving my stuff out of big yellow , if all goes to plan .
    Waiting for man and van to reply to my voicemail .
    Waiting also for delivery of my air bed from qvc.
    Phoned james and asked could he repair wall under sink ( he's gonna buy some board and board it up). He still has to do shelving on tues, and if the shower door turns up he'll do that too. This stops me buying new kitchen units and keeping the one I have for a few years .
    I may go,over to flat later and either touch up or paint bathroom .
    Tired. May leave till tomorrow a m .
    Haven't much time till Friday . Forgot string to tie up old carpet once I cut it down to size .
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,566 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Sounds like you are getting there AC. I would make a list going forward and costing for priorities.

Buy wardrobes for bedroom (I think this is essential so won't moan at you so long as you buy mse - research ones you like either in furniture stores or online, don't go for first thing you see, measure up to make sure they will fit and then see if you can get them cheaper anywhere else). If you did not decull clothes which don't fit and you don't wear before you moved from Twickenham then do so when all your stuff is out of storage. Some places will buy unwanted clothes or just recycle them.

PAYPLAN - pay it off asap before you get to stage where you have spent all your money and still have the debt. Get this millstone away from round your neck. As I and others have said contact your creditors direct and offer Full and Final. If they don't accept go slightly higher. Don't rely on stepchange - they don't have the power to negotiate full and finals. They helped you set the DMP up and got interest stopped etc. Time for you to pull your finger out now and help yourself.

Once all your stuff is out of storage, reassess what you have, sell what you do not need or freecycle.

DO A BUDGET FOR MONTHLY COSTS. MAKE SURE YOU STICK TO IT. Get your monthly utilities down as far as possible.

Eat healthily and exercise more.

Look for part time job.

There you are AC, I have made the list for you ;)

Good luck with finishing off the flat and moving in.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Sounds like you are getting there AC. I would make a list going forward and costing for priorities.

Buy wardrobes for bedroom (I think this is essential so won't moan at you so long as you buy mse - research ones you like either in furniture stores or online, don't go for first thing you see, measure up to make sure they will fit and then see if you can get them cheaper anywhere else). If you did not decull clothes which don't fit and you don't wear before you moved from Twickenham then do so when all your stuff is out of storage. Some places will buy unwanted clothes or just recycle them.

PAYPLAN - pay it off asap before you get to stage where you have spent all your money and still have the debt. Get this millstone away from round your neck. As I and others have said contact your creditors direct and offer Full and Final. If they don't accept go slightly higher. Don't rely on stepchange - they don't have the power to negotiate full and finals. They helped you set the DMP up and got interest stopped etc. Time for you to pull your finger out now and help yourself.

Once all your stuff is out of storage, reassess what you have, sell what you do not need or freecycle.

DO A BUDGET FOR MONTHLY COSTS. MAKE SURE YOU STICK TO IT. Get your monthly utilities down as far as possible.

Eat healthily and exercise more.

Look for part time job.

There you are AC, I have made the list for you ;)

Good luck with finishing off the flat and moving in.

Thank you enthusiastic :)
    I agree with all the above :) Will obey also .
    Wardrobes, storage and picture frames, then I stop:)
    Btw: I'll actually be buying groceries online via Ocado (spelling?)
    This means it will be cheaper and can put food in freezer and budget properly .Maybe Aldi and Lidl also.
    TBH , I can't see me working this year, but once I hit the gym who knows? I'm thinking worse case scenario for now.
    I could phone my creditors , and see what they say. I assume I don't pay until I receive written confirmation of their acceptance of f&f??
  • another_casualty
    Getting my stuff taken from big yellow next sat afternoon. 27 may
    Cost around £200 .
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Btw: I'll actually be buying groceries online via Ocado (spelling?)
    This means it will be cheaper and can put food in freezer and budget properly .Maybe Aldi and Lidl also.

I'm a massive Ocado fan but only because where I live it's that or Tesco to deliver. Will you really be spending £40 a week on food for just you AC?
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Why not do a fortnightly online shop AC with Tesco or Asda (Ocado are really expensive) and Lidls and Aldi for fresh stuff in between?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    I would write or email creditors asking for full and finals. Tell them you have no monthly income as not working if they ask you to complete soa.
  • another_casualty
    Okay.. just had to make an urgent dash to the flat .
    My washing machine and fridge freezer were delivered .
    The guys were awesome in every way. They even took my old fridge freezer away and undid the fitted unit as i had no screwdrivers etc
    I left stuff in original packaging , as I didn't want to extract the urine .
    Made sure I have them tip . Apparently I paid for service already .
    My friend will give me a hand on sat with installing etc.
    I'm wondering if rest of furniture will be coming today as well .
    Two different companies delivering , so I may be ok .

I mentioned long ago about my food habits . Yes , despite me being alone I do spend a fair bit on food, because of my allergies etc.
    Online is what I'll be doing mostly , so I'll be saving a fair bit anyway .
    I got a special discount code in a magazine I got regarding Ocado so it may be worth using . Can't rule out the above that you mentioned .
    Never been to an Asda in my life . That's down to location though.
    So far so good .
  • another_casualty
    I would write or email creditors asking for full and finals. Tell them you have no monthly income as not working if they ask you to complete soa.

Actually I forgot about email ! Good point enthusiastic.
    I could do that this evening really .
    I'm not doing any more s o a . I will explain that to them .
    If I can find the original rejections, I could raise them with a counter offer from those !
    Thanks
  • another_casualty
    anna_1977 wrote: »
    I'm a massive Ocado fan but only because where I live it's that or Tesco to deliver. Will you really be spending £40 a week on food for just you AC?

Yes I will :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport