Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Comments

• AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Any suggestions for a little one?
    Currently maxing out Lloyds Monthy RS, Club Lloyds RS, Halifax RS (clearly i love the Lloyds Group) and the Virgin RS. Really only want somewhere for about £100 a month more but don't want to open any new current accounts.
    Thanks for reading this you knowledgeable lot :)

Leeds BS? 2.55%
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
  • diggingdude
    diggingdude Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    AirlieBird wrote: »
    Leeds BS? 2.55%

Is this one which can be completely managed online as there isn't a branch by me. Some of the BS ones I have seen seem to be branch only. I will have a look though thank you
    An answer isn't spam just because you don't like it......
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    soulsaver wrote: »
    That would be correct if holding a deposit account qualified you as a member - but it doesn't.

The rules I linked have the definition for a member. You'll qualify if you've got a mortgage with them, for example.

I'm 99.9% sure that those of us who had their recently matured reg saver will be eligible for the new reg saver paying 2.75%.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Reading between the lines I think Chorley were hoping to have the new RS available around the time that the previous one was maturing, so that existing holders of the maturing RS ie members could move smoothly to the new one.

In the event it wasn't ready in time but they appear to have done the decent thing. Good for them.
  • Hi all,

My £500 a month regular saver with Nationwide flexplus matures on 17th June. I want to switch to Natwest platinum with their £100 up front and bills cash back (I want the insurance etc which works out similarly for what I use, plus the tastecard and national trust are nice perks).

What I wanted to ask was what will happen if I make the switch on June 15th in terms of the Nationwide regular saver? Will I earn interest up to that point (missing out on only a couple of days worth), or is the reality that the switch will probably take long enough for the regular saver to have matured on the 17th by then? Or do I lose the lot (surely not!)?

Any help appreciated :)
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,084 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 23 May 2018 at 2:55PM
    schiff wrote: »
    Reading between the lines I think Chorley were hoping to have the new RS available around the time that the previous one was maturing, so that existing holders of the maturing RS ie members could move smoothly to the new one.

In the event it wasn't ready in time but they appear to have done the decent thing. Good for them.

I often wonder what makes people on forums think/believe the things they think/believe. :rotfl:

Clearly Chorley B.S dont want people funding 500 this month and 500 again on 1 June

"I will send a form in tonights post. The account will be available to open on June 1st"
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I often wonder what makes people on forums think/believe the things they think/believe. :rotfl:

Clearly Chorley B.S dont want people funding 500 this month and 500 again on 1 June

"I will send a form in tonights post. The account will be available to open on June 1st"

Is that really a response to mine?

Don't forget to enclose a £500 cheque with your application :)
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker

£350, not £500.
  • gilly56
    gilly56 Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    @Westie983

My Ford regular saver matured yesterday also. I'd given closing instructions to transfer the funds into my Ford Flexi Account, it transferred OK but as yet no interest received either into the flexi or my linked bank account. Anyone got their interest yet? As far as I recall I think I had asked for the interest to go to bank account.
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    gilly56 wrote: »
    @Westie983

My Ford regular saver matured yesterday also. I'd given closing instructions to transfer the funds into my Ford Flexi Account, it transferred OK but as yet no interest received either into the flexi or my linked bank account. Anyone got their interest yet? As far as I recall I think I had asked for the interest to go to bank account.

Both the funds and interest was transferred to my Santander 123 on the day of maturity.

If you log in to your Ford a/c, you will see, under closed accounts section, if the interest has been added and where it has been sent to.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure