get paid £20 an hour to comp...

2»

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,896 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 10 October 2018 at 2:56PM
    Just a piece to get the site some free publicity -

How many competitions would you like to be entered for 1 to 5, 6 to 10 etc up to 20+. Tick what you want to be entered for Cash, Holidays etc.

"Professional" compers will then be in touch to quote for the work - the site makes money from them "Our pros pay to reply to Barks"

If you wanted to pay then the "pay to enter sites" offer far more entries for the money and if you wanted it done professionally then the way to go is a site that uses really cheap labour but you give them remote access on an old machine so your entries really appear to come from you.

(I assume "moneymagpie" were paid in someway to run the article)
  • cagsd wrote: »
    "The service launches thanks to increased demand for professional ‘compers’, as it’s revealed many can quit their jobs thanks to competition success." :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yeah, many people on here don't need to work any more due to their success ;) I retired years ago on my massive winnings of cheese, fishslices, books and the odd 20p on Quidco.

Susshh I'd keep quiet about that Fishslice..Some would give their right arm for one.:p
    Compers challenge 27/70
    £1805/2018
  • hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    Susshh I'd keep quiet about that Fishslice..Some would give their right arm for one.:p

I have a fishslice, clearly I'm a pro. :rotfl:
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • mjm3346
    4th day and so far no "professional" has bid for the work offered
  • Omg I have a fish slice why the heck am I not being paid £20 ph !?!

I got this email also and read two lines and shut that down ... ����!♀️��
  • What some of those people who are commenting on the Magpie site don't realise is the "enterer" will be entering other people into competitions by a script or automated means.

They will therefore be able to make THOUSANDS of entries per hour in the competitions they have earmarked for the task.

So yes I suppose it is possible to earn £20 per hour from doing that because the organiser behind it, Bark, will be collecting fees from all their clients paying for that service and so can easily afford to pay that to the "enterer". The actual clients may hardly win anything at all but even if they win just a fish slice then Bark will be justified in retaining their clients' fees.

Of course it is all highly unethical. Many competitions specify 'No Third Party or Automated' entries. In some ways I am glad more of them now ask you to fill in Capchas because that does help to make it difficult for the 'third party entry' merchants.
  • mjm3346
    What some of those people who are commenting on the Magpie site don't realise is the "enterer" will be entering other people into competitions by a script or automated means.

They will therefore be able to make THOUSANDS of entries per hour in the competitions they have earmarked for the task.

So yes I suppose it is possible to earn £20 per hour from doing that because the organiser behind it, Bark, will be collecting fees from all their clients paying for that service and so can easily afford to pay that to the "enterer". The actual clients may hardly win anything at all but even if they win just a fish slice then Bark will be justified in retaining their clients' fees.

Of course it is all highly unethical. Many competitions specify 'No Third Party or Automated' entries. In some ways I am glad more of them now ask you to fill in Capchas because that does help to make it difficult for the 'third party entry' merchants.

Bark take a fee from the "enterer" for letting them quote the "client" to do the work - the deal is between the client and "enterer" - several days in and no one has quoted me to do any work yet so either they are swamped with people who want it done or don't have many/any professional compers.
    We received your request and we’re about to start contacting pros on your behalf. You should start getting responses soon, so keep an eye on your inbox for our next email.

Our pros pay to reply to Barks, so please do let each of them know if they’re right for the job.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    mansey wrote: »
    Is "enterer" a word?

According to Google it is :eek:

It just doesn't sound right :o

I have never seen 'enterer' before.

Surely the correct word is 'entrant'?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Pyxis wrote: »

Surely the correct word is 'entrant'?

.... But they will be entering in other people's names so the word 'entrant' would not really be correct would it?
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    .... But they will be entering in other people's names so the word 'entrant' would not really be correct would it?

It would still be correct.
    A person who enters a competition is a competition entrant. It doesn't matter if they are entering for themselves or for someone else.

Entrant: someone or something who enters or takes part in something.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport