BT price increases September 2018

Comments

• ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    meherenow wrote: »
    No, they won't. Not until your mobile contract is up.

Is that confirmed anywhere in writing?

Contracts don't expire, but they do reach the end of the minimum term.
  • meherenow
    meherenow Posts: 127 Forumite
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    Is that confirmed anywhere in writing?

Contracts don't expire, but they do reach the end of the minimum term.

OK then, I meant that you will receive the discount until the end of your mobile phone minimum term.

It has been well documented elsewhere (esp. HUKD).

I imagine it has to do with the fact that OFCOM decree that there should be no impediment to leaving due to price increases - losing a mobile contract discount would be seen as such an impediment.

It's even mentioned on this site:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/utilities/2018/06/BT-to-hike-prices-in-September-heres-what-we-know-so-far
  • That sounds an excellent deal, effectively £18.99 line rental plus £3.00 for fibre broadband and free BT Sport.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    loulou41 wrote: »
    months from bt basic to superfast fibre essential speed up to 38 mbs

Note that's the lower BT fibre not the standard fibre 1 at up to 52 meg .That most users are offered by BT .
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    edited 9 August 2018 at 4:40PM
    Bingo , Full House :)

Just rang again to get BT sports added for free :)

So now i have

BT Sport on Sky free 18 months
    BT Tv Starter
    Unlimited Superfast Fibre up 72mpbs
    Free Weekend Calls
    Line Rental

£21.99 month :)
  • Hi all :) First time poster!
    What am I doing wrong! I've just got the email notification through from BT about the Sept price increase.

I rang BT told them I had a much better price from another provider and that I was going to move. They basically said that was fine, just do all through the other provider and that way I'll be able to retain my landline number. They didn't try to keep me, or even look at my package. I'm currently paying £51.99 a month for broadband (superfast fibre 1 unlimited), landline and evening & weekend calls (and this is before the increase). Are they just hoping I won't move? Has this happened anyone else? What is my next move!! Thanks for any help you can offer.
  • deanos
    call 0800 028 3098 that's retention team, speak nicely, ask what deals they have, mention your friend got £21.99 a few days ago
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 905 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    woody-B wrote: »
    That sounds an excellent deal, effectively £18.99 line rental plus £3.00 for fibre broadband and free BT Sport.

[FONT=&quot]I got through to loyalty team and did a new deal for 18 months Superfast Fibre BT Sport free for 12 months.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I received the confirmation email and instead of BT Sport, it says BT TV.I phoned back up to query it and told definitely BT sport but cannot send out another email as it auto generated, but he says he has put a note in the system.[/FONT]
  • Vegastare
    Vegastare Posts: 998 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 9 August 2018 at 9:06PM
    Can see the number for retentions but has anyone got the loyalty number.

Am on the job tomorrow morning . I looked at the link on the email sent and guess what they will keep it the same price...so why bother increasing it.
    It seems that this is the right time to get it cheaper, its around £29.99 at present (plus that what the link says I can keep it at) and then the phone package added and sport package.
    So how much should I aim for and should I push for free sport
  • deanos
    same number i posted above loyalty/retention same thing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts