The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

NHS Penalty Charge Notice received

Comments

• nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,945
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    NO ONE is being penalised.
    ANYONE on a low enough income can get free prescriptions/dental/glasses if they complete an HC1 form

people receiving income based benefits get them free automatically as they have already been assessed as having a sufficiently low income.
    people on costs based benefits could have hundreds of thousands in the bank or a working parter who earns enough to keep the jobseeker!

JSA costs based is paid for 25 weeks only and so many people on income related benefit have also worked hard for many years.
    there are also sick/disabled people that have worked hard for many years but are now unable to continue working.

you have such a narrow mind when it comes to deciding who YOU think are deserving and un deserving

• nannytone_2
    Forumite
    Podge52 wrote: »
    On the face of it, it does seem unfair but the government deem you have earned enough in the previous two years to have made provision for yourself. The person on income based hasn't had that opportunity.

that isn't the reason at all.
    as i said in my previous post ....
    those on income based benefit have already been means tested and so fit the low income criteria.
    anyone.... working or not, can get help with pNHS costs if their income is low enough.

it isn't because people that have been recently working are expected to have saved enough to cover the costs
  • Poppie68
    Poppie68 Posts: 4,881
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The dental practice are not to blame....All benefit claimants are required to do their own homework and if they fail to do it and fall foul of the law, well tough!
    Penalties won't be removed because someone says 'I was told I didn't have to pay' they will hear that excuse hundreds of time a week....they rightly inform claimants it was their responsibility to make themselves aware.
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Podge52 wrote: »
    On the face of it, it does seem unfair but the government deem you have earned enough in the previous two years to have made provision for yourself. The person on income based hasn't had that opportunity.

Opportunity? Everyone has the opportunity to work.. unless disabled/unwell.

So the working ones pay taxes/NI and have to make provisions for themselves in case of hard times.

The non working ones....on the other hand....

Amazing really.. no wonder things are as they are :cool:
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    nannytone wrote: »
    people on costs based benefits could have hundreds of thousands in the bank or a working parter who earns enough to keep the jobseeker!

Yes, they could - they EARNED it.

you have such a narrow mind when it comes to deciding who YOU think are deserving and un deserving

Nope, I am looking at things as how they could be fair.

Removed bold from the quotes as really annoying and hurts my eyes to read blocks of text in bold .. sorry
  • nannytone_2
    Forumite
    Opportunity? Everyone has the opportunity to work.. unless disabled/unwell.

So the working ones pay taxes/NI and have to make provisions for themselves in case of hard times.

The non working ones....on the other hand....

Amazing really.. no wonder things are as they are :cool:

and you totally ignored my post that explained why the system is as it is....
    the post you quoted is wrong ...
    working people aren't expected to make provision for NHS costs for the time they may be unfortunate enough to be without work.
    contributions based benefits aren't means tested and so NHS help has to be claimed and a means test carried out.
    those on income related benefits have already been means tested
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite

it isn't because people that have been recently working are expected to have saved enough to cover the costs

Yup, if you work - pay taxes/NI (to support the non working by choice ones), pay travel, commute for hours, have no life as you are too shattered AND remember to save for when things get rough one day....as you won't get the same help as those who never bothered....

Yawnnnnn seriously....
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I do not need explanation on how the system "is as it is" - I know how the system is/works and I am saying it is simply not right.
  • nannytone_2
    Forumite
    [i think you spend too much time reading the daily mail.
    the number of people that claim benefit through CHOICE is tiny.
    don't you realise that we are just starting to come out of the worst recession for a generation?
    people haven CHOSEN to remain unemployed for the 6 months necessary to claim income related benefit! they've had no choice at all.

just to add AGAIN, many working people are also entitled to free NHS ( or greatly reduced) due to low income.
    despite the fact that they work very hard and spend hours commuting ..../B]
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I do not read Daily Mail at all - I see with my own eyes what is going on.

Glad you dropped the bold.. accidentally but still - easier on the eyes...please do not edit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure