Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Careful that's about what I got and DM though I was being greedy. :eek::o:rotfl:

It's only 20 items total, 2 or 4 of each that I thought I'd use.
    Would have liked more salsa but there was only 4 on the shelf. :o
    Plus they were only little bottles, didn't see wraps though.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • curl_girl
    It might have something to do with the ABV %. I think the law on minimum pricing is connected to that. So with it being only 4% it probably still qualifies for the discount. I'm sure someone will understand how the minimum price per unit/bottle works better than me.

Could be, won't stop me trying at the weekend though!
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    curl_girl wrote: »
    It's only 20 items total, 2 or 4 of each that I thought I'd use.
    Would have liked more salsa but there was only 4 on the shelf. :o
    Plus they were only little bottles, didn't see wraps though.

I was only joking/having bit of fun about it curl girl, sorry if I offended :o

I love managing to get the 20p bits when they come up in Sainsbobs. There was about 16 OEP zesty salsas so I had half of them. :o

Got 5 of each of the latin America mixes, but by the time I give both DDs some of each there will be couple of each left for us here.

Last year must have been about the same time I got loads of different wraps which we were eating for ages. Shame I went off on a M&S beer hunt yesterday instead. :rotfl:
  • Tinyshoes
    One of my local SD's is closing to become a Savers on Saturday. :(

Anyone know if they will reduce the SD branded stuff or will it just get sent to other stores?

The shelves were just starting to look empty of their own brand today, nothing was reduced except the normal bargains I have been finding elsewhere.
  • Tinyshoes
    Free jewellery on sparks, account specific, OP has 23000 points.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/selected-ms-sparks-accounts-free-jewellery-2982573
  • curl_girl
    I was only joking/having bit of fun about it curl girl, sorry if I offended :o

I love managing to get the 20p bits when they come up in Sainsbobs. There was about 16 OEP zesty salsas so I had half of them. :o

Got 5 of each of the latin America mixes, but by the time I give both DDs some of each there will be couple of each left for us here.

Last year must have been about the same time I got loads of different wraps which we were eating for ages. Shame I went off on a M&S beer hunt yesterday instead. :rotfl:

Thanks.

No offence taken, takes more than that to offend me!
    Good job really. :rotfl:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Argoose went me an email just after 4 and I managed to open it on time - this will be my 4th attempt

I plumped for a brown water boiling unit - we have a fancy kettle which gives blue disco lights in the dark but some Herbert has broken the lid attachment so before long it would have needed to be replaced.

It is not a massive TV, deep sigh but I am not sure exactly what we would have done with a massive TV but I can use a brown water boiling unit
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Lima-India
    Lima-India Posts: 401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mhoc wrote: »
    I've also still go to do mine - might have a look at the marks sale

Is Argos on Quidco - must be something we need that we can click and collect from Argos ...

No Argos cashback via Quidco.
    Couldn't even find a Zeek gift voucher I might be able to spend in the near future!
  • mhoc
    Free jewellery on sparks, account specific, OP has 23000 points.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/selected-ms-sparks-accounts-free-jewellery-2982573

I have 296** so even more than the OP but Marks don't love me any more - the only offer I have this week is £5 off a £35 food order - that is it, nothing else at all :(

The jewellery could be good for Christmas goody bags if you do manage to get the offer but otherwise - well there are some very cute odds and ends on Amazon that take about 3 months to arrive from the far east which are probably the same quality :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    gocat wrote: »
    All I have is the Try Food to Order with £5 off £35 :(

I think we need to start a list - people who Marks no longer loves, not even to give sparks offers to and not even a bit of free jewellery ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure