Reigning it in!

Comments

• Have a great holiday.

Thank you - off to bed now lol
    01.05.2019 - Re-Mortgage - £142,000 :eek::eek::eek: Total overpaid to date: £15,584.33.
    MFW #52 £9000/£12000
  • Just checking in :) enjoying the holiday so far although the weather has been a bit up and down! I think we have struck a good balance so far this week of enjoying ourselves but not going mad. We just had a cheap meal of a beer and pizza last night but tonight we are having a nicer meal so generally the food is evening out. I keep forgetting to take the cereal bars out with us though - so annoying as I bought 5 boxes haha!

The travel credit card is good - the only thing is it is hard to keep track of how much we have spent because it takes a couple of days to update. Need to keep an eye on it to make sure we can pay it off in one month before fees.

I need to keep an eye on the pennies, I have found the last couple of days I have slipped a bit and had a beer and gelato where I didn't really need it. I don't need a gelato everyday! Coming on here for a bit before we go to dinner has helped me focus again. We can still have a good time but don't need to break the bank :):money:
    01.05.2019 - Re-Mortgage - £142,000 :eek::eek::eek: Total overpaid to date: £15,584.33.
    MFW #52 £9000/£12000
  • My mind is turning back to what I have to do at home/work already and we are not back until Sunday!

I am going to put all my unused beauty products on e of bay, there are quite a lot! Does anyone know if you can put on used beauty products? I have some that I have used a little but didn't like.

I also need to look at switching our gas and electric, our current deal is up on the 3rd October.

I need to exchange the remaining euros (dont think there will be many left!) and add into my current account for paying off travel cc.

I need to sort a proper budget until the end of the month - this will be tight as we need to pay the travel card off completely.

I have decided the things I can't get rid of/have already paid for I need to actually use to get my money's worth!!! Namely the gym membership and I bought the Joe Wicks 90 day plan and never finished it! Should help with the expanding stomach anyway! The food is more expensive on the plan but will try and pick meals that aren't as costly.

Feel better for writing this down!
    MFW #52 £9000/£12000
  • First back from holiday today but still off work until tomorrow. I have switched our gas and electric but no saving here - it remains the same but if I had stayed with the same provider I would have been paying over £30 extra a month!

I did the food shopping today and it has come to a whopping £80 for the week!! I'm done it based on Joe Wicks plan but with separate meals for the OH who doesn't really like his food. I will be batch cooking over the next couple of evenings so hoping will have some meals stored in the freezer for next week too.

I am waiting for the final total to be updated on the travel CC but I am confident that I can pay this off in full this month. I am hoping for 3 NSD's in a row (not including CC payment) as I have put this in September's NSD challenge and I am running out of time to do it! Can't see what I will need for the next 3 days after spending £80!!! Going to check my Sainsbury's CC balance in a minute *GULP*
    MFW #52 £9000/£12000
  • Make that the shopping for the week at £86.64:eek: NOT GOOD!! It better leave some meals for the freezer!! Just checked CC2 - it's at £1570 which isn't bad going as I still use this one. Actually sticking to using the money in the 'piggybanks' for what they are for too so petrol money is coming from the car account etc! Still on target of my goal to be at £1300 once I have paid some money off it when I get paid. 10 days until pay day...definitely can keep spends on this to a minimum. Only thing is I have an expensive month in October as my insurance, MOT and service are due. Didn't do a service last year because I couldn't afford it so really need to do one this year - I do high mileage for work so it is worth doing. One bonus is my tax is free! I will have some money for this in my car account but not enough to cover it all so it will have to go on CC2 :( Next year there will definitely be enough in their though, I'm determined!!!
    MFW #52 £9000/£12000
  • Back at work now and feels like I haven't been on holiday :( Traffic is horrendous as well! Been taking my lunch to work and following Joe Wicks eating plan until last night...I wanted comfort food because I am feeling under the weather and caved in. It was all in the cupboards so didn't cost any extra but I was only on day 2 and fell off the wagon!! I think I am going to start it again next week when I will hopefully feel better and get some cooking in over the weekend. It's a three month plan so means I will be fit by Christmas!

I am very pleased to report that I have managed to pay off all the travel CC off in FULL :money: so no extra interest charged!! :j It leaves for a VERY tight month but only a week until pay day so should be fine. I still have my car account for petrol and there is a bit of money left in the joint account for shopping so we should last.

Going to batch cook this weekend and fill up the freezer to try and stop me from falling off the wagon again (and it means that I won't need to leave the house other than for food shopping!) and get some items on e of bay to offset some of the car costs next month.

Hope everyone is have a good week (feeling a bit lonely over here!)
    MFW #52 £9000/£12000
  • It amazing how quickly getting in to a routine again with work happens :(

Don't beat yourself up about falling off the wagon, it happens and sometime you need to listen to what your body wants.

Have a lovely day xx
  • It amazing how quickly getting in to a routine again with work happens :(

Don't beat yourself up about falling off the wagon, it happens and sometime you need to listen to what your body wants.

Have a lovely day xx

Thank you for stopping by purplemumof2 :) You are right! I am feeling much better after an early night. I have decided to restart healthy eating on Saturday as I shop Saturday-Saturday so it makes sense in my head! Determined to do this as I put on a pair of trousers for work this morning and they did not do up :o I would rather lose weight then but new clothes. There are so many things in my wardrobe that don't fit - I want to get in them rather then sell them!

Another NSD day for me - 2 days in a row :j 7 days until payday...can't come soon enough!! Some of what I have bought this week will run in to next shop though so hopefully that will be a cheaper one :)
    MFW #52 £9000/£12000
  • Doesn't look like today will be a NSD :( OH wants pudding tonight! We used to eat pudding every day but with my ever expanding waist line I created 'pudding Friday' and he now HAS to have a pudding on a Friday! Don't need anything else though so will go in and grab something and run out before I get distracted or I might do a shop tonight so I don't have to do it tomorrow and have a NSD day tomorrow...

Realised there are only 9 days left of September (including today!) and I have 6 NSD's to get to meet my target for the challenge! Really need to be organised to only spend on 3 days! I might look at my baking cupboard and see if I can rustle a cake or something together for pudding tonight...I'm not good at baking so generally don't so would be surprised if I had enough ingredients in for a cake!
    MFW #52 £9000/£12000
  • Hi Fruitloop, just been catching up on your debt busting! Enjoying reading about your progress, I think you're doing really well.
    #Frugal February : NSDs Target =16
    Started here on 07 September 2017: Total:[STRIKE] £20,521[/STRIKE] £19847
    Barclaycard: [STRIKE]£14659[/STRIKE] £14435 Oct 2017 HSBC Credit Card : [STRIKE]£3112[/STRIKE] £3012 Oct 2017
    Overdraft: [STRIKE]350[/STRIKE] £0 Oct2017 MBNA : 2400
    A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. I'm on my way!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure