IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Smart parking, Zenith, Gladstones - Northern Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Just to warn you they will continue to bombard you with scary letters that aren't soft, strong or very, very long.
  • StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    wal123g wrote: »
    I am really just wanting peace of mind if ignoring is still the best policy since Gladstone have "supposedly" got involved. I read in another post (not sure if it was on this forum or not) that as it went to a Gladstone, even if just their letter head at the minute, that it means it will eventually go to court?:(

Gladstones will get paid by the PPC whether you reply or not, even if it went to court and you won, Gladstones would still get paid by the PPC...

Send them all the letter that I suggested further up, and I can assure you that it will never get as far as a judge.

Just never admit to being the driver, just the keeper.
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just a thought - Could this be DRP/Zenith (two cheeks of the same butt) using the old Gladstones letterheads?

What address or phone number is on the letter from Gladstones?
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    StaffsSW wrote: »
    Just a thought - Could this be DRP/Zenith (two cheeks of the same butt) using the old Gladstones letterheads?
    The OP has already identified the real source.
    I have determined it has been sent from DRP as the reference code begins with 3
    Any letter actually from Gs has a reference number commencing '1'.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,700 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 September 2017 at 5:43PM
    Options
    I am really just wanting peace of mind if ignoring is still the best policy since Gladstone have "supposedly" got involved. I read in another post (not sure if it was on this forum or not) that as it went to a Gladstone, even if just their letter head at the minute, that it means it will eventually go to court?:(

Well no, because we've never seen a court claim in NI (the firm would have to travel to your local court!) and Gladstones' letter-heading is used by debt collectors & firms like G24, who NEVER sue.

So no, a G's letter doesn't mean they are getting serious. It's all part of the letter chain.

And Smart Parking do not use the POFA 2012 and can't hold a registered keeper liable anyway, even for land in England and Wales. In NI the POFA doesn't apply in law, at all, so Smart would have to prove who was driving, to tip the balance of probabilities in their favour enough to have a hope in Hell of recovering a charge from a NI person.

And no-one is going to tell them who was driving (are you?!) and their ANPR camera photos do not have some secret squirrel link to any database of names/faces, so even if it shows a vague blur of a face, they have NO CLUE who they are after.

We will all eat our hats if you get a claim!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am really just wanting peace of mind if ignoring is still the best policy since Gladstone have "supposedly" got involved. I read in another post (not sure if it was on this forum or not) that as it went to a Gladstone, even if just their letter head at the minute, that it means it will eventually go to court?

Don't worry about Gladstones, they are already known
    to the English/Welsh courts as completely incompetent

If they tried courts in N.Ireland and indeed Scotland, they
    would prove to EVERYONE just how incompetent they really are

Probably other silly debt collector letters to come saying stupid
    things or even a lower offer to settle. IGNORE

Maybe the "almighty" Gladstones will give a lower offer in a last
    attempt to extort money from you but HEY, you now know
    there is nothing they will do

So, the next step is to tell all your friends etc about these
    scammers if in N.Ireland

YOU ARE ONLY THE KEEPER, YOU ARE NOT THE DRIVER
  • wal123g
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    The OP has already identified the real source.

Any letter actually from Gs has a reference number commencing '1'.
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Well no, because we've never seen a court claim in NI (the firm would have to travel to your local court!) and Gladstones' letter-heading is used by debt collectors & firms like G24, who NEVER sue.

So no, a G's letter doesn't mean they are getting serious. It's all part of the letter chain.

And Smart Parking do not use the POFA 2012 and can't hold a registered keeper liable anyway, even for land in England and Wales. In NI the POFA doesn't apply in law, at all, so Smart would have to prove who was driving, to tip the balance of probabilities in their favour enough to have a hope in Hell of recovering a charge from a NI person.

And no-one is going to tell them who was driving (are you?!) and their ANPR camera photos do not have some secret squirrel link to any database of names/faces, so even if it shows a vague blur of a face, they have NO CLUE who they are after.

We will all eat our hats if you get a claim!
    beamerguy wrote: »
    Don't worry about Gladstones, they are already known
    to the English/Welsh courts as completely incompetent

If they tried courts in N.Ireland and indeed Scotland, they
    would prove to EVERYONE just how incompetent they really are

Probably other silly debt collector letters to come saying stupid
    things or even a lower offer to settle. IGNORE

Maybe the "almighty" Gladstones will give a lower offer in a last
    attempt to extort money from you but HEY, you now know
    there is nothing they will do

So, the next step is to tell all your friends etc about these
    scammers if in N.Ireland

YOU ARE ONLY THE KEEPER, YOU ARE NOT THE DRIVER

StaffSW - No phone number on the letter, very professional right!? :rotfl:
    The address is,
    The Terrace, High Legh Park Golf Club, Warrington Road, High Legh, Knutsford WA16 6AA
    which according to google is the correct address for Gladstone.

Thanks everyone for all your advice, you have all definitely set my mind at ease. Have a great weekend :beer:
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    StaffSW - No phone number on the letter, very professional right!? :rotfl:
    The address is,
    The Terrace, High Legh Park Golf Club, Warrington Road, High Legh, Knutsford WA16 6AA
    which according to google is the correct address for Gladstone.

Thanks everyone for all your advice, you have all definitely set my mind at ease. Have a great weekend :beer:

We already know they are not professional

If they have a mad moment and proceed just let us know
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How in the blazes did a NI/Debt Collector thread run to over twenty posts!

OP. you are either grossly overthinking this to the point of obsession, or out to waste peoples time, which could be better used helping people who really have something to worry about! :(
  • wal123g
    Options
    pogofish wrote: »
    How in the blazes did a NI/Debt Collector thread run to over twenty posts!

OP. you are either grossly overthinking this to the point of obsession, or out to waste peoples time, which could be better used helping people who really have something to worry about! :(

Apologies Pogofish, I was simply relying to people's posts or questions, common courtesy, no intention of wasting time! :eek: I already stated how grateful I was for the advice, not here to abuse the system, its great what you all are doing. I have deleted two of my reply posts and changed to thanks instead, sorry for the newbie confusion if I didn't stick to forum etiquette.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure