Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Glad
    • By Glad 18th Apr 18, 7:10 AM
    • 17,963Posts
    • 39,916Thanks
    Glad
    Money Savers Arms CXXVII - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome
    • 18th Apr 18, 7:10 AM
    Money Savers Arms CXXVII - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome 18th Apr 18 at 7:10 AM

Good morning all!

and welcome to a brand new Arms

a place to chill and chat

for everyone

I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
Page 43
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 22nd Jun 19, 8:56 PM
    • 40,664 Posts
    • 90,275 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Oh Duncan, I hope your Dad improves soonly.

Meanwhile, the nights are seriously drawing in now we are past the Summer Solstice.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 23rd Jun 19, 5:46 AM
    • 724 Posts
    • 1,642 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Thank you all for all the kind wishes for Dad

He was weak as a kitten yesterday as a result of the weight loss and lack of food so he did not take me out much or very far when we did go out, I am hoping for more today but if the first walk is anything to go by, it will be slow going

Family (what there is of it) is too far away but his neighbours have been so kind and supportive that dad is actually embarrassed by it all
    • savvy
    • By savvy 24th Jun 19, 5:05 PM
    • 30,204 Posts
    • 47,068 Thanks
    savvy
    Thank you all for all the kind wishes for Dad

He was weak as a kitten yesterday as a result of the weight loss and lack of food so he did not take me out much or very far when we did go out, I am hoping for more today but if the first walk is anything to go by, it will be slow going

Family (what there is of it) is too far away but his neighbours have been so kind and supportive that dad is actually embarrassed by it all
    Originally posted by duncanthedog
    Good luck for today!!!

And be grateful for those neighbours, mine are horrible!!!
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 24th Jun 19, 6:16 PM
    • 18,600 Posts
    • 39,851 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Good luck for today!!!

And be grateful for those neighbours, mine are horrible!!!
    Originally posted by savvy
    One side ours are 'ok'.

The other side is a guy on his own - we're not sure if his dad has died or is in a home, sometimes he starts shouting and swearing

He's a Liverpool supporter, not saying that's got anything to do with it though!
    Weekly Distance Walked 28km / Total For Year 1191 km

Quod scripsi, scripsi
    • savvy
    • By savvy 26th Jun 19, 6:45 PM
    • 30,204 Posts
    • 47,068 Thanks
    savvy
    The other side is a guy on his own - we're not sure if his dad has died or is in a home, sometimes he starts shouting and swearing

He's a Liverpool supporter, not saying that's got anything to do with it though!
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    I've got one like that, always screaming at the football in Indian, and then English swearing comes out. He lives with his mother, and some days it sounds like they are killing each other in there, even the dogs get worried from the noise!!

The other one I'm not adjoined to, but is still loud with his lodgers, he loves house music and the naff 80's music! He's an absolute ****** and loves nothing more than parking his car on top of mine, using my wheelie bins, moaning about my wonky fence even though he bought the house with it there and allowing his !!!!py grapevine to overgrow my fence and ruin the shed roof!!!
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 5th Jul 19, 7:34 AM
    • 724 Posts
    • 1,642 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Not been to the park for ages
    Dad has started walking me again, not very fast or far but it is a start, I get too excited in the park and chase after things so I don't think he will be taking me there for a while yet
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 5th Jul 19, 8:04 AM
    • 10,177 Posts
    • 35,588 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    You keep hauling him out for a bit of fresh air. Even in the rain. Gets you a sanity break from being indoors & lets the neighbours see how well he's doing, too.
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 5th Jul 19, 8:20 AM
    • 724 Posts
    • 1,642 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Ruby still takes me out longer walks with Poppy but it's only 4 times a day so anything I can get out of Dad is a bonus until he is well enough to get back up to speed again.
    • savvy
    • By savvy 5th Jul 19, 5:02 PM
    • 30,204 Posts
    • 47,068 Thanks
    savvy
    Ruby still takes me out longer walks with Poppy but it's only 4 times a day so anything I can get out of Dad is a bonus until he is well enough to get back up to speed again.
    Aw do you mean in a week?
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 6th Jul 19, 6:51 AM
    • 724 Posts
    • 1,642 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Aw do you mean in a week?
    Originally posted by savvy
    No - a day, Poppy doesn't like to walk very far as she is getting on a bit and has sore legs but I like to get out as much as possible and Dad normally takes me 10/12 times on good days.
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 6th Jul 19, 8:51 AM
    • 10,177 Posts
    • 35,588 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Coax him into it gently, just a little walk, then maybe another later. Start with once a day & see how you persuadable he is?!
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 6th Jul 19, 9:52 AM
    • 724 Posts
    • 1,642 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    I have had him out twice this morning already for a total of 1.5 miles, this is a lot less than I am used to but I am trying to get him moving more to build up his stamina again so that he can take me on longer walks.
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 6th Jul 19, 6:14 PM
    • 10,177 Posts
    • 35,588 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    As a devout couch spud with occasional forays to the gym and treadmill, I am awed at a mile and a half. Absolutely encourage him, but gently, gently, please?!
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 7th Jul 19, 8:06 AM
    • 724 Posts
    • 1,642 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    We did 5 walks for exactly 3 miles spread throughout the day but he was not up to it by the evening so auntie Ruby took me out at 8pm.

It must have done some good though as he slept later than normal this morning
    • Murphybear
    • By Murphybear 8th Jul 19, 5:31 AM
    • 4,906 Posts
    • 9,286 Thanks
    Murphybear
    Thanks Duncan for keeping us posted. Itís good to hear heís getting better slowly.

Have you thought about a doggie treadmill?

Sorry, thatís my sometimes wicked sense of humour.
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 8th Jul 19, 6:08 AM
    • 724 Posts
    • 1,642 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    I am a very active pooch so a treadmill would be a good idea if it was needed for a long time but I am getting Dad out more and more each day and hoping it wont be too long before I get him up to double figures in miles/day again
    • savvy
    • By savvy 9th Jul 19, 4:04 PM
    • 30,204 Posts
    • 47,068 Thanks
    savvy
    Wow that's a lot of walking pupper!! Both of you go steady in this heat hey
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 10th Jul 19, 8:03 AM
    • 724 Posts
    • 1,642 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Dad tries to make up with walks for not being able to let me off the lead, we are both taking bad at the moment with shorter walks and fewer of them but soon, soon
    • savvy
    • By savvy 10th Jul 19, 1:12 PM
    • 30,204 Posts
    • 47,068 Thanks
    savvy
    Dad tries to make up with walks for not being able to let me off the lead, we are both taking bad at the moment with shorter walks and fewer of them but soon, soon
    Plenty of other activities that can be done if Dad is not up to walking so much Skye Bear is not going out in this heat every day, she's having toys in her paddling pool, treat balls and puzzles to solve and some scentwork training
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 11th Jul 19, 7:07 AM
    • 724 Posts
    • 1,642 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    I have all my toys and treat balls and we do play with them regularly but my favourite activity is watching what is going on in the street so I am just doing a bit more of that than usual. Dad doesn't like it so much when I get excited and start barking but I can't help myself no matter how much he gets on to me
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

189Posts Today

2,991Users online

Martin's Twitter