Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Glad
    • By Glad 18th Apr 18, 7:10 AM
    • 17,963Posts
    • 39,916Thanks
    Glad
    Money Savers Arms CXXVII - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome
    • 18th Apr 18, 7:10 AM
    Money Savers Arms CXXVII - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome 18th Apr 18 at 7:10 AM

Good morning all!

and welcome to a brand new Arms

a place to chill and chat

for everyone

I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
Page 42
    • savvy
    • By savvy 16th Jun 19, 1:19 PM
    • 30,202 Posts
    • 47,067 Thanks
    savvy
    Oh dear Duncan..........did you forget your doggy manners
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 17th Jun 19, 6:14 AM
    • 703 Posts
    • 1,597 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    I don't think that dad's sister will be inviting me back
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 18th Jun 19, 10:56 AM
    • 40,617 Posts
    • 90,187 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Good morning all and one. Personally I am not the slightest bit bothered about celebrating Dads' day, but other family members want to so I just have to put up with the party food and presents.

I have been working without today but rain has stopped play. I just need a short break in the weather to get another load of slaving pabs before getting ready for an overnight adventure in another county.
    There will be beer and complimentary snorkers with beans for brekkers as I have blagged a free night in a big house with lots of numbered rooms, slumbering for the use of.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • colinw
    • By colinw 18th Jun 19, 11:16 AM
    • 55,811 Posts
    • 153,662 Thanks
    colinw
    I don't think that dad's sister will be inviting me back
    Originally posted by duncanthedog
    Nothing wrong with an enthusiastic pooch!
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 19th Jun 19, 6:33 AM
    • 703 Posts
    • 1,597 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Nothing wrong with an enthusiastic pooch!
    Originally posted by colinw
    There is a difference between enthusiastic and hyper, I tend to be the latter, dad is forever telling me to slow down and chill but I am still a puppy and every little thing gets me all excited
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 19th Jun 19, 7:02 AM
    • 18,478 Posts
    • 39,630 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Morning folks, hope all are well.
    I could do with a bit of your hyper today Duncan - I didn't sleep well and somehow rather subdued today

At least I haven't had a tummy flare up for a good few days
    Weekly Distance Walked 30km / Total For Year 1162 km
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 19th Jun 19, 7:08 AM
    • 703 Posts
    • 1,597 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    At least I haven't had a tummy flare up for a good few days
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    Dad has now gone 2 weeks without a flare-up, he has been more careful about what he eats but as he never knows what actually causes them he lives in fear most of the time
    • savvy
    • By savvy 19th Jun 19, 3:59 PM
    • 30,202 Posts
    • 47,067 Thanks
    savvy
    Morning dog and humans.
    I dont get invited anywhere even once, let alone back.
    Originally posted by Brewster The Rooster
    About the same as me then

Good morning all and one. Personally I am not the slightest bit bothered about celebrating Dads' day, but other family members want to so I just have to put up with the party food and presents.

I have been working without today but rain has stopped play. I just need a short break in the weather to get another load of slaving pabs before getting ready for an overnight adventure in another county.
    There will be beer and complimentary snorkers with beans for brekkers as I have blagged a free night in a big house with lots of numbered rooms, slumbering for the use of.
    Originally posted by Fruitcake
    Well all that sounds pretty damn good Fruister!!

My mate Duncan does not have dodgy manners!
    Originally posted by Brewster The Rooster
    I think his Aunt would say different
    • savvy
    • By savvy 19th Jun 19, 4:08 PM
    • 30,202 Posts
    • 47,067 Thanks
    savvy
    There is a difference between enthusiastic and hyper, I tend to be the latter, dad is forever telling me to slow down and chill but I am still a puppy and every little thing gets me all excited
    I remember those days

Morning folks, hope all are well.
    I could do with a bit of your hyper today Duncan - I didn't sleep well and somehow rather subdued today
    Awww Sleazeball, that's not like you hope you un-subdue yourself soon

Soooooooo if you need a laugh, I can FINALLY reveal my drama over the last 2 wks!! A very enthusiastic new customer paid me in full in cash, I was working hard over that weekend and put it high up on my desk til I could get to the bank. Came home on the Monday and found Skye Bear had eaten an envelope as she had left the perfectly clean crinkly window on the carpet - couldn't work out how she got one as I'm really careful.

Tuesday I went to get the money to pay in - GONE!!! Then came to the horrible realisation that she had eaten the envelope it was in AND all 21 x 20 notes!!!
    So I spent 4 evenings (after collecting and 'processing' 5 of her poops) cleaning sh!t off the Queen's face, then doing a rather sh!tty jigsaw puzzle and trying to match up all the serial numbers - to send off to the BofE. It's been a nerve wracking time waiting on their verdict, but yesterday they paid the whole lot in to my bank
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 19th Jun 19, 4:21 PM
    • 18,478 Posts
    • 39,630 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Well done Savvy!

Skye Bear is one of your dogs?
    • savvy
    • By savvy 19th Jun 19, 4:22 PM
    • 30,202 Posts
    • 47,067 Thanks
    savvy
    Well done Savvy!

Skye Bear is one of your dogs?
    She WAS!!!!!!

Only joking, she's still with me
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 20th Jun 19, 7:46 AM
    • 40,617 Posts
    • 90,187 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    I remember those days

Awww Sleazeball, that's not like you hope you un-subdue yourself soon

Soooooooo if you need a laugh, I can FINALLY reveal my drama over the last 2 wks!! A very enthusiastic new customer paid me in full in cash, I was working hard over that weekend and put it high up on my desk til I could get to the bank. Came home on the Monday and found Skye Bear had eaten an envelope as she had left the perfectly clean crinkly window on the carpet - couldn't work out how she got one as I'm really careful.

Tuesday I went to get the money to pay in - GONE!!! Then came to the horrible realisation that she had eaten the envelope it was in AND all 21 x 20 notes!!!
    So I spent 4 evenings (after collecting and 'processing' 5 of her poops) cleaning sh!t off the Queen's face, then doing a rather sh!tty jigsaw puzzle and trying to match up all the serial numbers - to send off to the BofE. It's been a nerve wracking time waiting on their verdict, but yesterday they paid the whole lot in to my bank
    Originally posted by savvy
    In court today on five counts of money laundering

and there my Lords and members of the jury rests the case for the defence.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • savvy
    • By savvy 20th Jun 19, 6:48 PM
    • 30,202 Posts
    • 47,067 Thanks
    savvy
    In court today on five counts of money laundering
    Originally posted by Fruitcake
    Haha lil son came up with that one I've also had 'take her to vet, but they'll probably send her home unless there's any change!' Also quips about 'handling dirty money' and 'the most sh!t ATM in the world'
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 21st Jun 19, 10:17 AM
    • 703 Posts
    • 1,597 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Dad has now gone 2 weeks without a flare-up, he has been more careful about what he eats but as he never knows what actually causes them he lives in fear most of the time
    I spoke to soon, 2 hours after I wrote this dad was in the toilet with sickness at a severe dose of the runs (can't spell diarrhoea) which lasts for hours, he could not even keep water down.
    He got an emergency appointment with his GP and he sent him straight to hospital, got there at 5pm on Wednesday had 24 hours on a drip and got home on a weekend pass this morning but has to go back on Monday to get part of his bowel removed.

I managed to get my food OK and auntie Ruby next door took me enough walks to satisfy my needs in that department.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 21st Jun 19, 10:21 AM
    • 55,811 Posts
    • 153,662 Thanks
    colinw
    I spoke to soon, 2 hours after I wrote this dad was in the toilet with sickness at a severe dose of the runs (can't spell diarrhoea) which lasts for hours, he could not even keep water down.
    He got an emergency appointment with his GP and he sent him straight to hospital, got there at 5pm on Wednesday had 24 hours on a drip and got home on a weekend pass this morning but has to go back on Monday to get part of his bowel removed.

I managed to get my food OK and auntie Ruby next door took me enough walks to satisfy my needs in that department.
    Oh !!!!!! I hope it all words out well on Monday
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 21st Jun 19, 10:25 AM
    • 703 Posts
    • 1,597 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Oh !!!!!! I hope it all words out well on Monday
    Originally posted by colinw
    I'll be OK, Ruby will look after me while dad is away so I am not too concerned, I just hope that he gets enough food in for me before he goes
    • savvy
    • By savvy 21st Jun 19, 4:24 PM
    • 30,202 Posts
    • 47,067 Thanks
    savvy

Ohhh no poor Dad!!! But as it's my job, I'm more worried about you Duncan!! Hope Ruby can cover it all, if not pack your doggy suitcase and a bone, hop on a train and come and stay with The Hounds of Fun!!
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 22nd Jun 19, 9:08 AM
    • 703 Posts
    • 1,597 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Ohhh no poor Dad!!! But as it's my job, I'm more worried about you Duncan!! Hope Ruby can cover it all, if not pack your doggy suitcase and a bone, hop on a train and come and stay with The Hounds of Fun!!
    Originally posted by savvy
    Dad should be in for just a few days if all goes well but thank you for the offer

He has been busy all morning getting things ready for Ruby in his absence but has not even started getting himself ready or doing all the jobs round the house that he won't be fit to do when he gets home from hospital. I am clever but hoovering and grass cutting are a bit beyond even my abilities
    • Tigsteroonie
    • By Tigsteroonie 22nd Jun 19, 3:56 PM
    • 23,374 Posts
    • 58,527 Thanks
    Tigsteroonie
    got home on a weekend pass this morning but has to go back on Monday to get part of his bowel removed.
    Please give your Dad our love, and tell him that I hope he's up and about again soon
    Last edited by Tigsteroonie; 22-06-2019 at 4:00 PM.
    Mrs Marleyboy

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

Proud Parents to an Au-some son
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 22nd Jun 19, 4:53 PM
    • 18,478 Posts
    • 39,630 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Tell your dad not to worry Duncan.
    We're all rooting for you both ....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

52Posts Today

2,693Users online

Martin's Twitter