Plusnet to BT

My contract has run out with BT n they want to hike my price even after a tang then they only wanted to knock off a few pound. I have currently have Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited

I notice that Plusnet has an equivalent package but at quite a bit lover cost.

Has anyone moved from BT to Plusnet Superfast Fibre ?
How did you find the swop?
"The time is always right to do what is right"

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,868
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Plusnet is owned by BT but run as a separate company and your switching experience should be no different to if you were moving from any other BT line company to another.
  • I moved from BT to Plusnet FTTC 3 years ago without a hitch.

Just coming up to renewal and they won't budge on price so may be moving elsewhere.

It must annoy loads of people that companies don't just offer a decent price in the first place in order to keep custom.

I suppose they just hope people don't want the hassle of moving.
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,014
    Forumite
    The thread title is the wrong way around...

I went from BT to Plusnet a few years ago, a very smooth transition. I went back to BT a few months ago, again the switch couldn't have been easier.

• Just coming up to renewal and they won't budge on price so may be moving elsewhere.

I was told they have specific counter offers for any offers you mention when you ring, so it is worth having companies and deals to hand when you call and saying the company you're considering moving to - it looks like Vodafone is the cheapest alternative for fibre at the moment according to MSE.
  • ahll
    ahll Posts: 1,506
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yes I don’t seem to see away to change the title.!
  • ahll
    ahll Posts: 1,506
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yes I pointed out the Plusnet was offering the same for quiet a bit less but they just basically said that is the best we can do take it or leave it. Guess I will be leaving it ...I did say if they just offered a good deal then I wouldn’t be moving!
  • anactuary wrote: »
    I was told they have specific counter offers for any offers you mention when you ring, so it is worth having companies and deals to hand when you call and saying the company you're considering moving to - it looks like Vodafone is the cheapest alternative for fibre at the moment according to MSE.

Done that and failed

"I quoted TT and Voda deals at them (monthly equivalent of £18-22 and £20.74 but they won't budge from £26 which is for line and broadband (no calls). The guy I spoke to wasn't exactly Mr personality and actually suggested for me to leave! I've never had that sort of response before."
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,499
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite

"I quoted TT and Voda deals at them (monthly equivalent of £18-22 and £20.74 but they won't budge from £26 which is for line and broadband (no calls). The guy I spoke to wasn't exactly Mr personality and actually suggested for me to leave! I've never had that sort of response before."

No different from insurance companies - had the renewal quote for wife's car this morning -50% more than last year (and ~ 50% more than we can get elsewhere!). Phoned up and the best the agent could do was ~5% off! When I said "thanks but no thanks" he kept stressing that we had been on an introductory offer - so ??:rotfl:
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281
    Forumite
    Firms who join a compensation scheme or are forced to join , have been a lot tighter with offers this year .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure