Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SandraX
    • By SandraX 28th Nov 18, 12:19 PM
    • 766Posts
    • 484Thanks
    SandraX
    Your biggest regret
    • 28th Nov 18, 12:19 PM
    Your biggest regret 28th Nov 18 at 12:19 PM
    I have two on equal footing.
    1. Looking at my ex-husbands' phone. (Saw my husbands messages, sexy/flirty ones, got me suspicious, dug and dug deeper and found out my he was deceiving me and he then left me - so regretted looking at his mobile)

2. Sharing a secret with a friend/work bout my one mistake ie a criminal record, ie assault.
    (I was provoked by my sisters' ex so I slapped him and he called the police) My pretend friend
    shared this secret with another, they told personnel and I lost my job as a cleaner in a hospital for not disclosing the truth.

What regret/s do you have?
Page 3
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 28th Nov 18, 11:31 PM
    • 10,766 Posts
    • 20,400 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    My biggest regrets are being too busy to send a very dear friend a text message to see how she was. Although she was unwell she died suddenly and I never got to say goodbye or tell her how much her friendship meant to me. It’s nearly 5 years on and I miss her every day.
    Another was not telling someone in my past who I fell hook line and sinker for how much he meant to me. It was a while ago but my god it still hurts. Moral of the story- tell those you care about what they mean to you as you never know when they might be taken away
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! MA English De Montfort Uni 2018- PASSED WITH MERIT!! Round 2 OU started 06/10- BSc Combined STEM, Year 1 E117 and DE100.
    Got Engaged 02/10/2018
    Miss you JV and TW
    Elle
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 29th Nov 18, 9:55 AM
    • 21,504 Posts
    • 58,168 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Regrets? I've had a few.
    Originally posted by Rubik
    I don't know if it was intentional but I've had Frank Sinatra singing in my head all damn night.
    • Rubik
    • By Rubik 29th Nov 18, 10:18 AM
    • 298 Posts
    • 621 Thanks
    Rubik
    I don't know if it was intentional but I've had Frank Sinatra singing in my head all damn night.
    Originally posted by Pollycat
    I couldn't resist, sorry :
    • thorsoak
    • By thorsoak 29th Nov 18, 10:55 AM
    • 5,841 Posts
    • 27,156 Thanks
    thorsoak
    Me too! Almost wanted to post it - either that or Edith Piaff - Je ne regrettez rien!
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 29th Nov 18, 12:34 PM
    • 21,504 Posts
    • 58,168 Thanks
    Pollycat
    I couldn't resist, sorry :
    Originally posted by Rubik
    You little bu**er!

Me too! Almost wanted to post it - either that or Edith Piaff - Je ne regrettez rien!
    Originally posted by thorsoak
    I like your style too.
    • SandraX
    • By SandraX 29th Nov 18, 2:56 PM
    • 766 Posts
    • 484 Thanks
    SandraX
    Did you reall need to post that?

To every other poster since I last posted yesterday, I've read through most of them, really eye openeing and some are sad and I feel for you all. Thank you for your sharing and honesty, really apprecaited. I have learnt a lot from this thread and if you can, please post some more so I, we can all learn and hopefully not make that mistake/s.
    Thanks
    Last edited by SandraX; 29-11-2018 at 3:09 PM.
    • Rubik
    • By Rubik 29th Nov 18, 3:09 PM
    • 298 Posts
    • 621 Thanks
    Rubik
    ď

To every other poster since I last posted yesterday, I've read through most of them, really eye openeing and some are sad and I fell for you all. Thank you for your sharing and honesty, really apprecaited. I have learnt a lot from this thread and if you can, please post some more.
    Thanks
    Originally posted by SandraX
    I thought Pollycat's comment was amusing, I don;t see a problem with it.

Just out of interest, what you plan to do with all our collective regrets? Some people have divulged deeply personal information here.
    • charlotte1994
    • By charlotte1994 29th Nov 18, 3:45 PM
    • 370 Posts
    • 586 Thanks
    charlotte1994
    1) going out with my first boyfriend. I was 16, wasn't really into him but we got along well. He was mentally abusive to me, but I didn't realise it at the time. I was so naive! I eventually realised and broke up with him. It really affected me as I was so weary when my now boyfriend expressed interest in me! We've been dating 5 years now and he always treats me well

2) not saying goodbye properly to my grandparents.
    My grandma had throat cancer, I remember the last time I saw her I just said goodbye to her as I normally did, I thought I would see her again. She died not long after. I really wish I had given her a proper cuddle every time and told her I love her. My granddad died suddenly not long after. It was the same, I tucked him into bed as he said he wasn't well. I said "alright granddad, I'll see you later, night night" and I left. I really wish heaven had a phone line or something because I would tell them that I love them
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 29th Nov 18, 3:45 PM
    • 21,504 Posts
    • 58,168 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Originally posted by SandraX
    No, I didn't really need to post that but it was a throwaway comment that I thought was amusing.

Oh dear.I regret that my comment has upset or offended you - or both - rather than amusing you.
    • SandraX
    • By SandraX 29th Nov 18, 3:56 PM
    • 766 Posts
    • 484 Thanks
    SandraX
    No, I didn't really need to post that but it was a throwaway comment that I thought was amusing.

Oh dear.I regret that my comment has upset or offended you - or both - rather than amusing you.
    Thank you
    • SandraX
    • By SandraX 29th Nov 18, 3:58 PM
    • 766 Posts
    • 484 Thanks
    SandraX
    1) going out with my first boyfriend. I was 16, wasn't really into him but we got along well. He was mentally abusive to me, but I didn't realise it at the time. I was so naive! I eventually realised and broke up with him. It really affected me as I was so weary when my now boyfriend expressed interest in me! We've been dating 5 years now and he always treats me well

2) not saying goodbye properly to my grandparents.
    My grandma had throat cancer, I remember the last time I saw her I just said goodbye to her as I normally did, I thought I would see her again. She died not long after. I really wish I had given her a proper cuddle every time and told her I love her. My granddad died suddenly not long after. It was the same, I tucked him into bed as he said he wasn't well. I said "alright granddad, I'll see you later, night night" and I left. I really wish heaven had a phone line or something because I would tell them that I love them
    Originally posted by charlotte1994
    Thanks.
    Point 1, you are a stronger lady now.

Number 2 - happens all to often, it is beyond our control but I'm sure they knew you really loved them.
    • SandraX
    • By SandraX 29th Nov 18, 4:00 PM
    • 766 Posts
    • 484 Thanks
    SandraX
    My biggest regrets are being too busy to send a very dear friend a text message to see how she was. Although she was unwell she died suddenly and I never got to say goodbye or tell her how much her friendship meant to me. Itís nearly 5 years on and I miss her every day.
    Another was not telling someone in my past who I fell hook line and sinker for how much he meant to me. It was a while ago but my god it still hurts. Moral of the story- tell those you care about what they mean to you as you never know when they might be taken away
    Originally posted by Mrs_Ryan
    Thanks.
    Wise words , indeed.
    • SandraX
    • By SandraX 29th Nov 18, 4:03 PM
    • 766 Posts
    • 484 Thanks
    SandraX
    I regret being hopeless at keeping in touch with friends.

I have very few long-term friends.
    Originally posted by pollypenny
    Ditto. Moved cities when leaving school lost touch with a couple of good friends but no mobiles, laptops thouse days, then did the same when leaving work and moving again then got fired as mentioned in my OP and recently left another job and have ignored emais and texts so they no longer contact me. I'm a private person and find it easier to talk openly on the net/forum like this.
    • Sunshinesally
    • By Sunshinesally 29th Nov 18, 5:35 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    Sunshinesally
    I regret not finishing on better terms with one of my ex boyfriends when I was 20. I should've been more dignified.

I regret not keeping in touch with a dear friend when he moved away aged 13/14. He sent me lovely letters and amazing creative drawings. I wish I'd kept them but it hurt like hell. In my head I was feeling angry at him for leaving (even though it wasn't his fault!) and my letters back to him were probably immature, nasty, showing off that I had a boyfriend etc and acting as though I was fine without him! I was a stupid girl. I have looked him up on FB and he is a graphic designer but he probably wouldn't even remember me now! He was just a lovely friend.
    Last edited by Sunshinesally; 29-11-2018 at 5:39 PM.
    • Sagaris
    • By Sagaris 29th Nov 18, 6:05 PM
    • 1,699 Posts
    • 4,821 Thanks
    Sagaris
    1. Staying too long in an abusive marriage - he convinced me I was incapable of living without him - then the worm turned!

2. Then staying with someone who strung me along for 7 years.........but I saw the light eventually with that one too.

Both taught me huge lessons though!
    Almost 2 stones gone!
    RIP Clio 1.9.93 - 7.4.10
    I WILL be tidy, I WILL be tidy!
    • -taff
    • By -taff 29th Nov 18, 11:08 PM
    • 9,124 Posts
    • 9,845 Thanks
    -taff

I thought it was funny...Can't be seriouser than serious all the time....
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 29th Nov 18, 11:22 PM
    • 21,504 Posts
    • 58,168 Thanks
    Pollycat
    I thought it was funny...Can't be seriouser than serious all the time....
    Originally posted by -taff
    I thought it was funny too - which was why I made my comment.

But the OP is a new member and maybe doesn't realise that every thread doesn't stay on topic and even a perceived serious subject may have a lighter side.
    But I am duly chastised.
    • xXMessedUpXx
    • By xXMessedUpXx 29th Nov 18, 11:56 PM
    • 17,328 Posts
    • 45,662 Thanks
    xXMessedUpXx
    1. The relationship with mu abusive ex. I wish id gotten out of it sooner and not let it drag on

2. Not being able to say goodbye to my nan before she died

3. Not standing up to my bullies as a child (i have MH issues as a result of it)

Those are my biggest regrets
    "Life Is Like A Beautiful Melody Only The Lyrics Are Messed Up"
    To see the rainbow you need both the sun and the rain to make its colours appear
    "I just need to be alone right now, i just wanna take a little breather"
    5lbs/127lbs lost
    • SandraX
    • By SandraX 30th Nov 18, 12:26 AM
    • 766 Posts
    • 484 Thanks
    SandraX
    1. Staying too long in an abusive marriage - he convinced me I was incapable of living without him - then the worm turned!

2. Then staying with someone who strung me along for 7 years.........but I saw the light eventually with that one too.

Both taught me huge lessons though!
    Originally posted by Sagaris
    1 - More and more women are standing up for their freedom , well done.

2 - Easier said than done ie leave a realationship, you did well as many never leave
    • SandraX
    • By SandraX 30th Nov 18, 12:30 AM
    • 766 Posts
    • 484 Thanks
    SandraX
    1. The relationship with mu abusive ex. I wish id gotten out of it sooner and not let it drag on

2. Not being able to say goodbye to my nan before she died

3. Not standing up to my bullies as a child (i have MH issues as a result of it)

Those are my biggest regrets
    Originally posted by xXMessedUpXx
    Thank you for sharing
    1 - Always difficult to leave abusive relationships as they are controlling.

2 - millions in your position and I'm sure your nan knew you loved her lots.

3 - hopefully schools have moved on and are now taking more care of pupils but sorry about your health.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

191Posts Today

1,616Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: Inappropriate kisses, uncharacteristic formality, or simple nonsense. I'm stumped, how do you sign off work e-mails? Eve?

• RT @BBCPolitics: "This is what annoys people. You're not answering!" Sparks (and papers) fly as @MartinSLewis challenges minister Chris Sk?

• RT @Mattallwright: Spot on. I also hate train toilet seats that try and make me laugh. It's the same joke every journey. https://t.co/b1Tj4?

• Follow Martin