Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SandraX
    • By SandraX 28th Nov 18, 12:19 PM
    • 766Posts
    • 489Thanks
    SandraX
    Your biggest regret
    • 28th Nov 18, 12:19 PM
    Your biggest regret 28th Nov 18 at 12:19 PM
    I have two on equal footing.
    1. Looking at my ex-husbands' phone. (Saw my husbands messages, sexy/flirty ones, got me suspicious, dug and dug deeper and found out my he was deceiving me and he then left me - so regretted looking at his mobile)

2. Sharing a secret with a friend/work bout my one mistake ie a criminal record, ie assault.
    (I was provoked by my sisters' ex so I slapped him and he called the police) My pretend friend
    shared this secret with another, they told personnel and I lost my job as a cleaner in a hospital for not disclosing the truth.

What regret/s do you have?
Page 6
    • butter peanut
    • By butter peanut 7th Dec 18, 2:35 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    butter peanut
    Hi all. I'm new here. I joined because I was looking for money advice. I've been a long time reader but not wrote anything until I read these posts. They are all very moving. My positive energy to you all.

I regret a lots of things I have done. There are things I have changed since having made those mistakes because of my actions in the past.
    Regrets and mistakes I made will live with me but I must not dwell on them or repeat them.
    I make it a point to tell my family I love them. I really do mean it when I tell them.

Peace and love and good thoughts to you all.
    • SandraX
    • By SandraX 7th Dec 18, 4:39 PM
    • 766 Posts
    • 489 Thanks
    SandraX
    Hi butter peanut

When I posted this thread, little did I know how many genuine, heartfelt posts I'd see here.

As you said, many of these posts have been moving and sadly I can relate to many

Thankfully, I'm a better person than I was many years ago though I've not done anything massively wrong.

I too love my family and wish some family was around that have gone to the otherside to see what we have made of our lives.

Thank you

xx
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 7th Dec 18, 10:52 PM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 3,298 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    Originally I would have said doing my degree, but I learnt a lot, it’s a good conversation starter, I might go back into education in some capacity and met some really good friends (plus I don’t know what else I’d have done job wise) so although I don’t use my degree now I guess it’s not a regret.

I have a feeling in time the bloke I’m having a kid with might be a regret as he doesn’t seem to want a relationship with the kid unless we are, but we agreed on staying friends, but we shall see.

Oh and I used to regret moving home after uni, but I now enjoy life, built a good life for myself and have some good friends so I think it’s all worked out ok in the end
    roll on 27th April 2019 or there abouts *34 done* = *6 to go*
    • butter peanut
    • By butter peanut 7th Dec 18, 11:00 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    butter peanut
    Hi SandraX,
    You have a good heart. I feel that loved ones whom have passed away will always be with us as long as we think we of them.

Peace and love and good thoughts to you.
    • butter peanut
    • By butter peanut 7th Dec 18, 11:11 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    butter peanut
    Typo
    *as long as we think of them
    • SandraX
    • By SandraX 8th Dec 18, 12:37 AM
    • 766 Posts
    • 489 Thanks
    SandraX
    Hi SandraX,
    You have a good heart. I feel that loved ones whom have passed away will always be with us as long as we think we of them.

Peace and love and good thoughts to you.
    Originally posted by butter peanut
    Thank you as well for your very kind and comforting words.

• gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 8th Dec 18, 1:59 AM
    • 4,478 Posts
    • 11,474 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Well on the basis my experiences have made me me & I quite like me......no, I don't
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • SandraX
    • By SandraX 9th Dec 18, 11:49 AM
    • 766 Posts
    • 489 Thanks
    SandraX
    Well on the basis my experiences have made me me & I quite like me......no, I don't
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime
    Hi

I hope it works out for you, whatever it is.

• marisco
    • By marisco 8th Jan 19, 11:57 PM
    • 3,976 Posts
    • 17,970 Thanks
    marisco
    The only thing I regret in life is not standing up for myself as a kid against a teacher who was a downright bully and who totally underestimated me. Still her total unprofessionalism shaped me into being a teacher the complete polar opposite to how she was so even that experience has been a gain.
    The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own, no apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.
    • an9i77
    • By an9i77 9th Jan 19, 8:21 PM
    • 1,425 Posts
    • 3,478 Thanks
    an9i77
    My biggest regret is leaving a job last year. I was on good money but working mainly from home sitting around waiting for the phone to ring.... able to do what I wanted (ie non work stuff) when it was quiet, so long as all the work stuff that came in got done.

I was however not treated well by management and after being refused a promotion opportunity I decided to leave.

The next job was completely not as advertised and didn't work out, when my boss found out I was not happy she got in a strop with me and I ended up being forced to resign.

Now I'm unemployed and can't find similar roles to apply for, feel like my career is on the skids and I didn't realise how good I had it in the first job.

I'd do anything to turn the clock back
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 10th Jan 19, 5:26 PM
    • 2,418 Posts
    • 1,030 Thanks
    20aday
    My biggest regret is not speaking to the Police about something that happened to me a long time ago and the subsequent effect it's had on others, and me, since then.

Had I gone to them I could've "healed" and perhaps behaved myself in relationships I've had; instead I didn't value them, nor myself, and I've wasted my life to the point where I should be, and where I am, are miles apart.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • Domayne
    • By Domayne 10th Jan 19, 6:06 PM
    • 591 Posts
    • 1,341 Thanks
    Domayne
    Wasting 14 years of my life in a friends with benefit type relationship with a guy who played me like a fiddle
    We are a looooong story but he told me from day 1 he didn't want or do relationships BUT made it seem like if he did do relationships, I would be the one. Found out last year on Facebook he had been seeing some other woman for years and she was pregnant after tagging him in a baby scan.
    Haven't seen him since but he still texts none stop that he misses me, she meant nothing, was stalking him blaaaa. Never ever again.
    Saved so far - 27,185.83
    ~Selfish is the name that the jealous give to the free~
    Save 12k in 2019 #18 3,784.29/12000
    • lucyhope
    • By lucyhope 11th Jan 19, 8:57 AM
    • 407 Posts
    • 1,472 Thanks
    lucyhope
    Not carrying on at school and leaving before taking O levels (could leave at 15 then) and doing what I would have liked to, become a Modern Languages teacher.
    I haven't seen any of the friends I left at the same time with.
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 28
    2018 total 1520

• ScarletRibbons
    • By ScarletRibbons 12th Jan 19, 8:57 AM
    • 549 Posts
    • 7,670 Thanks
    ScarletRibbons
    I regret not working hard enough at school, and being too wimpish to learn to drive.

it's taken me far too many years to realise that I did not have to go along with what other people thought was a good thing for me, if you see what I mean.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

118Posts Today

953Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Now come on that's a bit unfair!!!!! I could've done a handstand (well headstand) first if you'd asked! Sheesh! https://t.co/01Pf9Z99B1

• It isn't statistically representative true. But to say that tells us nothing isn't correct. It shows what people i? https://t.co/JBLu6Cd8a5

• Very interesting that on my Facebook page (which tends to be more pro Brexit) the same vote, with similar number of? https://t.co/NgYxaQDCnr

• Follow Martin