Phoning Barclaycard fraud re positive balance

So I put my Barclaycard £10k in credit with a (0% fee) balance transfer - Barclaycard is often mentioned on here as being co-operative in transferring +ve balances to current accounts, and I was emboldened by them having done that for a smaller amount a week previously.

This time I messaged them to ask for it to be transferred and only got holding responses until today (20 days later) when they replied asking me to ring their fraud department. What sort of grilling should I expect?

Comments

• Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    You have breached the terms and conditions of the Barclaycard account by putting it into credit, not once but twice.
    They will ask where the money came from. They will know it was a balance transfer. They will probably refuse to transfer the money to your account and return it to where it originated.
    They may or may not close the Barclaycard account.
    The issuer of the new credit card may also regard what you have done as fraud as in reality you have obtained the loan of the money from them fraudulently in that the money was loaned to repay an existing credit card balance and not as a money transfer. Any balance transfer fee will be lost. They may or may not close the account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure