Timeshare mis-selling claim RSB Legal?

Options
asty84
asty84 Posts: 1 Newbie
We visited RSB Legal in Redditch, with a view to them claiming on our behalf on a no win/no fee basis to claim back all the money we have paid for our points and then fractional ownership. We keep 70% and they keep 30%. We are OK with this, as no money was expected from us at this point but wondered if anyone else has had any dealings/success with this company?
If we wish to dissolve our Timeshare ownership we will need to pay them a fee (based on our current maintenance charges) which would be refunded as part of our claim. It was at this point we got slightly jittery!
An online search seems to indicate they are to be avoided, but is this just mis-information put out by the Timeshare companies who naturally do not want to pay out to their customers under section 75. They say that there is no positive information online because they have to sign a non disclosure form each time they are successful.
We are unsure whether to proceed with RSB until we have heard from anyone else who might have had dealings with them.

Thanks for reading

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    If they will do the work for you and get you some money back for free - fine, great go with it.

If they ask for one penny in advance then run away!
  • Archergirl
    Archergirl Posts: 1,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Who is your timeshare with? Some of them do a deedback scheme.
  • Dmtech22
    Options
    We have been through the same process with RSB today in Didsbury. We were slightly pressured to pay 'up front' for them to end our timeshare membership, however, we chose the option of claiming back our fees first with an option to go back to them at a later date. I would be interested to follow others who have started the process and see if any of us get our money back. It takes 10 to 12 months apparently. We would be due a refund of around £50,000. Fingers crossed!!!
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 6,990 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Why do people sign up with companies like this WITHOUT ever seeing evidence or talking to people who have got a positive result?????
    Has anyone ever got any money back from this company?
  • Archergirl
    Archergirl Posts: 1,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Why do first time posters come on here with a way out?............
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why do people sign up with companies like this WITHOUT ever seeing evidence or talking to people who have got a positive result?????
    Has anyone ever got any money back from this company?

That is why the OP asked here, to see if anyone can provide the evidence that is needed.
  • Dmtech22
    Options
    We have not signed up for anything. We have handed over no money.
    I have made contact with them. They do no with no fee claims.
    I am now on here to see if anyone has gone through the whole process.
    I could have asked for testimonials or checked the website. However.they are not always genuine.
    All I have given do far is a couple of hours of my time.
    Nothing ventured nothing gained
  • John_Anderson
    Options
    My wife and I put a claim in with this company back in March 2016, we were also skeptical at first when asked for money up front to terminate but as we knew we would be covered under section 75 ourselves if anything went wrong we decided to go ahead, since then we have received our money which was a substantial amount to us and we have also received a letter from our timeshare company CLC stating we are out of our membership.

It has been a very easy process and my wife and I couldn't be happier with how it was handled.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    My wife and I put a claim in with this company back in March 2016, we were also skeptical at first when asked for money up front to terminate but as we knew we would be covered under section 75 ourselves if anything went wrong we decided to go ahead, since then we have received our money which was a substantial amount to us and we have also received a letter from our timeshare company CLC stating we are out of our membership.

It has been a very easy process and my wife and I couldn't be happier with how it was handled.

I want to believe you I really do .....but I just have a nagging feeling as a first time poster that the story is not quite as written.
    I am of course willing to be proved wrong - the important word here is PROOF.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure