Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• Here's is my timeline. Can't believe how stressful mortgage processes are, despite my timeline being short. Don't know what I'd do if it was longer. The bizarre thing it, there is no reason for such stress!
    FTB, no chain and a new build house.
    6/6 -Plot reserved
    6/6 - discussion and DIP from Nationwide. Via broker.
    8/6 - application to Help to Buy agent - 75% mortgage on a £275k house. 5% dep. 20 HTB equity loan.
    8/6- solicitor engaged
    10/6 - full mortgage application via broker. Docs provided in support.
    10/6- app acknowledge by Nationwide
    10/6- valuation planned for 12/6.
    12/6 - valuation completed
    15/6- valuation approved by Nationwide
    15/6- authority to proceed received from HTB
    16/6- mortgage offer received.
    Contracts planned to exchange 6 July.
    Happy days! Excellent service all round.
  • Sedge123 wrote: »
    Thanks. It's just the basic valuation for the mortgage but they have contacted our sellers for access to the property. In assuming this means we have passed their initial checks?

That's right. Nationwide seem to do the valuation at the start of the process while some do it at the end. My broker (L&C) are saying 28 days typically for Nationwide at the moment, looks like they're quite busy :/
  • If you look at the Nationwide intermediaries website, it has some very useful information which outlines the process.
    It also has the average turnaround time for applications, which as of yesterday was 9 days.
  • :j:rotfl:Am really excited right now. have just had a call from my MA saying i have a mortgage offer and its in the post.:rotfl::j
    although i know there is still a lot of work to do before we get the keys i can't help being totally excited.
  • We have a big deposit ready and have just been informed by the Solicitors today that Halifax made a technical glitch with our offer which our broker needs to resolve.
    The solicitor assures us it is not serious but of course that it would need addressing.
  • Ah, Mortgage offer text from Nationwide, hurrah!

Application on the 22/5, offer 17/6. Not exactly speedy, but I guess it could have been a lot worse!:T:beer:
  • CMu88
    CMu88 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I submitted full application on Thursday there (11th), was advised by broker would know for definite today but he's now said it will be Friday and that's when Leeds provide updates on Fridays!

Pretty !!!!ed as I was expecting to know today, my brokers already sorted out life insurance and arranging contents insurance tomorrow so he must be pretty hopeful!
  • Sedge123
    Sedge123 Posts: 597 Forumite
    If you look at the Nationwide intermediaries website, it has some very useful information which outlines the process.
    It also has the average turnaround time for applications, which as of yesterday was 9 days.
    That's really useful. Thanks. Looks as though they are currently processing applications which were submitted on the 16th which is when ours was.
    Determined to save and not squander!
    On a mission to save money whilst renovating our new forever home
  • Application submitted to Nationwide by my MA last week, had a text today saying the valuation is booked for 29th June, a little disappointed to say the least :(
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Application submitted to Nationwide by my MA last week, had a text today saying the valuation is booked for 29th June, a little disappointed to say the least :(

You can talk to the Agent and see if they can bring it forward. It's not always about the valuer's availability
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback