Aqua Card: Yes or No

2»

Comments

• Missus_Hyde
    Missus_Hyde Posts: 531 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    2ilent8cho wrote: »
    Aqua Card are fine. I got one in September with the 6 month interest free on purchases offer. They gave me a £900 limit, then it went to £1800 after 4 months, then £3200 last month.

They have an App and online access for managing your account and i have not ever had to contact customer services so i cannot comment on them. I'm happy with them. The high APR does not matter if you pay it off in full.

I could be wrong here, but i am sure i read on here the credit file feed that credit card and loan companies get access to does not name the credit card company, just the type, balance, repayment amount and credit limit, so nobody else will know its Aqua.

I also have a Aqua Reward (among others) and I'm really pleased with it. It gives 0.50% cashback and although I've not needed to contact customer services, the card is run very well. The statements are on time, the DD payments are taken on the correct day with no problems, the pending transactions come up straight away and the interest rate is of no consequence, as I always pay in full every month.

My only very small criticism is that it doesn't support Apple pay, but that's not really a major problem and at least their internet banking and mobile app work very well with no hitches (TSB, please take note!! ;):p)
    A cunning plan, Baldrick? Whatever it was, it's got to be better than pretending to be mad; after all, who'd notice another mad person around here?.......Edmund Blackadder.
  • Stop looking at the score - it!!!8217;s not real!!

You might get some sort of 0% on purchases for XX months which will help in terms of paying no interest.

But thereafter if you do use it pay it off in full each month after receiving the statement.

This will improve your credit HISTORY, not the made up score or rating that no one sees but you.
  • jp10 wrote: »
    Thank you again.
    Did anyone apply through Experian for it? I have 100% eligibility. Does that actually mean 100% lol

In a word No...However there is a strong chance you will get it.

The 100% pre-approved and then passing credit check and being approved just means you passed that stage,they can decline if something in your credit report is not to there liking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure