Argos - at my wit's end

In brief, I ordered an overlooked from Argos for next day delivery. It failed to turn up over the following three days. I rang and cancelled the order and was told I would receive an email to that effect and a refund in 3-5 days. No refund in the time specified. Rand Customer Services and was told the Refunds department at Argos would ring me at 8 in the evening - no phone call. I rang them today and now they are blaming Yodel saying the order is still on dispatch.

Advice about next steps? I certainly won't be using Argos ever again.

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    What is an Overlooked ??
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    difficult for any retailer this time of year, that doesnt excuse them of course.

most online retailers wont/cant cancel an order once it has been sent to dispatch

why havent yodel delivered it , do you have a tracking number. you can refuse delivery , that should sort the problem

and like the other poster what is an overlooked
  • Tallaght
    Tallaght Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Do you mean overlocker ?
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,889 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Tallaght wrote: »
    Do you mean overlocker ?

Had to Google even what this is.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • You can't cancel an order which has been dispatched. You need to refer to the tracking and take it up with the delivery company.
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    You can't cancel an order which has been dispatched. You need to refer to the tracking and take it up with the delivery company.
    What I said
  • photome wrote: »
    What I said

Indeed it is :-)
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• samroo
    samroo Posts: 149 Forumite
    The seller is responsible for the performance of the delivery company. They can’t delegate this responsibility to the customer
  • I find argos promises on collection times more an aspiration than a promise.

The last thing I ordered for collection was promised to be available by 4pm eventually arrived the next day.

Don't rely on it!
  • MataNui
    MataNui Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    Order to store is a joke. It always says something like 'Ready to collect from 5pm today'. Then when you rush down there (without checking the closing time) you realize that it actually closes at 5pm so its actually never ready to collect till the next day.

Was so monumentally ****ed off the first time this happened after wasting an hour of my time and fuel that i went home and ordered around 40 random items for store pick up. No intention of ever going to get them. Just because they wasted my time and money so i figured i would wast some of theirs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure