PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 16th April 2018

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all. ATB - are you getting your eyebrows done at the dog groomers? If so, ask for the Schnauzer look!

Up late and the dogs seemed to appreciate it after yesterday's exceptionally early start. Poppet took herself back to bed yesterday.

Breakfast scoffed, one wash load done which will go on the line once I'm dressed, and essentials ordered online.

Today I must finish the floors and ironing from yesterday's list,clean the bathroom and look at the list. And of course, two dogs walks.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    You seem to be on a heck of a roll there, Pigpen.

I did dusting yesterday. The shower room, the dining room and most of the sitting room. And a bit of the landing. And the kitchen. It took about two hours and I've got more to do today but it's a start.

Time out today will be going to meet a cat at our third animal rescue centre. OH is coping with losing Devil Cat but being without one is very, very hard.
    Better is good enough.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,995 Forumite
    next load of pans going through now.
    clean stuff in the cupboard.. OH is tidying it later once everything is clean.
    table cleared
    large pan of mince and veg cooked.. thats my dinners sorted for 4 days.. need to get the SC from upstairs still for this gammon.
    2 ebay parcels ready to post.. £60 in my PP tyvm... and 3 more with £28 worth of bids so far.

I need to bring the stuff form the line before it rains.. it is nasty out there again today.. I guess hoping for 2 half decent days was too much.

Laundry first and then lunch.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    pigpen wrote: »
    LW.. is it likely you aren't eating enough to lose any weight? Would something like WW or SW help? you don't have to go anywhere but they have online communities where there is a lot of support and advice and people of all sorts of abilities.. I just wonder if it is worth looking at. Bills and alarms are necessary.. like food etc.. you need them.. it is the non-vital things... like 3/4 jeans ;) *nudge nudge point finger!!* that count.
    Thank you for the thought, but SW and WW are deffo not for me.

I think a lot of the problem stems from when they tried me on Gabapentin; it messed with my brain something awful and put 5lb on me in less than a fortnight, which stubbornly refuses to shift.

I know the half of it - I used to do Wii Fit when Mr LW was working; these days I never have time AND privacy to do it (both required simultaneously). I am in so much pain that everything is taking longer than it use to, plus, however lovely he is, Mr LW is underfoot. And with a tiny bungalow, it's hard to tell him to push off elsewhere.

Lol, I did my 1-hour online exam last night, (Dog Behaviour Training Course) and had to banish him to the bedroom.... and still he came wandering in halfway through wanting a book that was on the pc desk!! *facepalm*

Plus, I dislike eating. I find it a tiring chore and would prefer not to bother. It's worse when I've cooked; I'm sick and tired of the sight of it by then, and most assuredly don't want to eat it.
    Taking the dog straight to the groomers from school run, and I am getting my eyebrows done :D
    Not at the same establishment, surely? :D
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Time out today will be going to meet a cat at our third animal rescue centre. OH is coping with losing Devil Cat but being without one is very, very hard.
    Awww, bless; take your time; when the right cat appears to fill that cat-shaped hole in your lives, you'll know.
    Personally, I reckon Devil Cat is still there with you, just not in tangible form. x

We have to trundle into town in a bit. :(
    Mr LW needs a haircut (desperately needs a haircut if we're honest) and we have to collect his meds from S/Drug.
    I have to go with him so that we can use my Blue Badge for parking; otherwise I'd stay home.
    I'll probably wheel up to S/Drug for the meds while he's in the barber's.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    hi everyone, i'm still hanging in here, really not managing to do much, didn't realise how exhausting grief would be, i'm having nightmares, i don't want to leave the house, can't even face the school run, miss mum so much, house is cleanish and tidy, i do this 20 min tidy, 20 min rest routine, working for me, struggling to cook meals, just eating crap constantly, hate to think what the scales might say!!!!

hope all is well xxx
  • pigpen
    LW.. I hate eating too.. moreso when I cooked.. it is so boring, but sadly a necessity. Men at mitherers.. why do they do that? Mine is a huge delay-fish.. they are just giant toddlers at heart I swear!! Will he still not get an out of the house hobby? Get him an allotment for his birthday! he can grow you some beautiful veggies! Isn't he bored sat about all day?

Last pile of pans run through the DW

bother.. I went upstairs and forgot the SC AGAIN!!! I Swear I am getting dafter... I shall make a special journey up there in a second.

worksurfaces all cleared..

I'm not trying to decide if I should wash the really gross windows so I can see exactly how filthy the outsides are.. OR .. if I should sweep and mop... I don't really want to do either.. and I need lunch first.. I have waited for that as I am expecting my fruit and egg delivery but they have usually been by now and there is no sign.

I need to do some flingage in here too... it looks like a toy shop exploded!

decisions decisions
  • pigpen
    (((hugs Donna))) ... just go with it for now.. it is very early days. The only option I can think is to get some ready meals in and fresh fruit so you can have those when the cooking is too much..
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Checking in during my lunch break. Proud to report a clean and tidy boudoir with new bed linen and a completely clear floor.

I've got a tidy dressing table and clear surfaces. Still need to fling the hoover and duster round, but I'm pleased with the results so far :D

I sorted my boots and shoes not too long ago, but will have a gander after my sarnie to see if any flingage can take place.

Oh and an hour of ironing done which has made a debt in the mountain. :T
  • I can report the eyebrows were done at a separate establishment to the dog groomers :D

Donna - have a huge hug from me xx

I am glued to the sofa with a brew - this cold has really floored me. However, I have washed the dog bedding which is blowing on the line. And I mopped the kitchen floor so not being too hard on myself!
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    ((Hugs)) donnajt. It is rubbish and different for everyone, as most of the lovely ladies on here will be able to vouch for.

I'm back from work and feel like I've been 10 rounds with Mike Tyson. Nobody else was in the office, so my morning has been....varied, shall we say? I have come home and topped up on coffee and toast so that I can carry on and face the day. I think I am best following the lists, as I cba to even think right this moment. Duster and dining room, I think. After another coffee.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure