AQUA 5% cashback christmas offer

tad
tad Posts: 18 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 18 December 2018 at 12:18PM in Credit cards
Aqua are offering 5% cashback over Christmas 25.11.18 --> 13.1.19
The caveat is you need to spend +£900 in this period to qualify.

The other caveat is that there is a max of £50 cashback. £50 is 5% of £1000. So to get the full benefit you need to spend between £900 and £1000 -any extra is wasted -although I'm guessing the standard 1/2% cashback still applies(?)

As my amex pays 1% cashback I will try not to go over the £1000...

The problem is my wife is an additional cardholder and I don't know if her purchases count toward the £900 or not. More to the point AQUA don't seem to know either!

I have asked them a few questions regarding this offer and there seems to be some confusion amongst their advisors. I am waiting for a reply to the additional cardholder question -has anyone else already looked into this please?

Comments

• They'll count, as they don't differentiate between cards.
  • tad
    Thanks. You would think then this would be common knowledge then with their telephone helpers; but they still had to ring another department that weren't answering...

Not the case with AMEX as I found out yesterday. My wife has to register her card separately to benefit from any available offers.
  • Roger1
    Roger1 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    tad wrote: »
    Aqua are offering 5% cashback over Christmas 25.11.18 --> 13.1.19 ...
    Nice! I wish I had it ... ;)
    ... Not the case with AMEX as I found out yesterday. My wife has to register her card separately to benefit from any available offers.
    that will be because AmEx - unlike most other card issuers - allocate separate card numbers for additional cardholders so can track her card activity separately.
  • tad
    Actually the wife's card does have a different number although purchases are not differentiated on the statement (unlike AmEx)
  • hgt
    hgt Posts: 329 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Aqua are offering 5% cashback over Christmas 25.11.18 --> 13.1.19

Just wondered how you heard about this offer? I'm suspecting it must be account specific as I have an Aqua Reward Cashback card, but haven't heard anything about this.
  • tad
    hgt wrote: »
    Just wondered how you heard about this offer? I'm suspecting it must be account specific as I have an Aqua Reward Cashback card, but haven't heard anything about this.
    Hi,sorry I didn't notice your question, I am not a regular visitor to the forum. Yes Aqua emailed me directly. Below is the relevant text from the email. Maybe check your spam folder?
    All the best

Tad

If you are unable to view this email correctly, please view online.
    To ensure you receive our emails, add aqua@e.mail.aquacard.co.uk to your Address Book.

Aqua and mastercard
    Card ending ****

Shake up your Christmas with 5% cashback

Your aqua card is making Christmas even better with 5% cashback on spend over £900 until 13 January 2019

Terms and Conditions apply*

OPT-IN TO GET CASHBACK
    Aqua - Christmas is coming
  • tad
    ...and you do need the email as you have to click on the OPT-IN link.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    £50 cashback from Aqua appeared on my credit card statement yesterday. :)
  • stehouk
    stehouk Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    £50 cashback from Aqua appeared on my credit card statement yesterday. :)

Thanks for the info just checked and iv'e got mine as well, waiting for 2 x £50 refer a friend payments next.
    I cannot fault this card i will have earned £160 so far and not paid a penny in interest.:beer:
  • Can I ask if anyone has got the 5% cashback on their full spending. I have only got the cashback on spending above £800. Email was a bit confusing, but could have led people to think the 5% offer was for all the spending (up to a maximum of £50 cashback) providing the £800 figure was exceeded.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure