Options

Comments

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 13 April 2018 at 11:38PM
    Options
    Woolco wrote: »
    Hi. Thanks for this. My Asda is inside a shopping centre and I don't seem to see these receipts but will make a point of looking. :)

What a shame - is there not another A somewhere else available to you that you can try (or also try)?

Superstores seem to be better although you can find receipts occasionally outside supermarkets. Also Friday evening just after peak shopping time, Saturday afternoons and Sunday up to half an hour before closing seem to be the best times. The receipts may be in trolleys parked up in the trolley park(s) - take a couple of £1 coins to separate them if necessary.
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    why am i not suprised that they moved you from fancy goods? ;)

For information...fancy goods was wallets, purses, ornaments and trinkets:o

Didn't have a huge turnover:o
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Woolco
    Woolco Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    I think A is the best and is the easiest one of all and I think is the one that most of us find gives the best returns. The fact it offers 10% cheaper increases the value of the vouchers from what they would be if it were merely a match and you can get vouchers even where A is cheaper (which it often is) but is not 10% cheaper. T offers [Strike]discounts[/Strike] the same price to shoppers at the till on comparable branded items as the competitor that has the cheapest overall price for the total of the branded items bought where at least ten different items were bought. As you can see, it's fairly complicated and will result in people paying more for a branded item than a cheaper competitor where another competitor comes out cheapest overall on branded items and is more expensive on that branded item than the cheapest competitor:rotfl:. However the point for us is that as people have the Brand Guarantee applied at the till, there is no discarded voucher or receipt to be found. Otherwise you could try to collect CC or Nectar points but they are not immediately redeemable. In addition, if you are trying to use Nectar points to pay at S, you will, in my view, need to find more points to be able to buy anything worthwhile due to what I perceive to be S's generally higher prices. Therefore you will need to pay more to get the same number of items or get less for the money.

At A you can simply collect receipts from outside the store (car parks, trolleys etc. but not bins as the contents of bins legally belong to the bin owner), with internet access enter the long receipt numbers into the website, create an account and claim/print vouchers that are offered. Take the vouchers with their original receipt and you can buy goods immediately from A.

I wouldn't use receipts that are timed within minutes of each other on the same date against one shop. Be discreet (as everyone except myself easier manages to do whilst I always end up drawing attention to myself) and use no more than three vouchers against one shop. If you use four or five, don't do it too often.

You can even get vouchers back from shops where you buy at least eight different grocery items that are in stock on A's website, especially if you do target shops. However, you can just pay for the odd one or two items as and when needed with each one voucher you get (however much is covered by the voucher amount). You could probably survive that way alone, depending on how many vouchers you manage to get and if you buy lower value essentials items such as the S/price range, even though they can work out more expensive than doing target shop glitches.

If you find any items on wombled receipts that are on COS/Shopmum, you can submit those.

Sorry to hear of your situation, although the vouchers could be worthwhile to anyone who is unemployed. Best of luck.

I think T's scheme generally is not worthwhile unless you have coupons and a cheaper competitor price to match - but then need to buy nine more, in my view unnecessary items - you can't just buy the one item that you have a coupon for and get the match. It has the benefit of being easily understood by people generally, who probably think it is giving them something worthwhile. Somehow, simply entering a receipt number into a website is seen as too complicated:huh:. In fact it's easy, straightforward and can give near immediate vouchers for use off shops - and there's no doubt about where you need to go to spend them.

Well thank you very much for such good information and your kind words. Really appreciated.

When I say it's too complicated, I was meaning it doesn't work. Like last week amongst other things I bought sugar free red bull can. £1.00 at Asda and the same price at Morrisons. But on the Asda website it shows N/A. so it didn't include this in the comparison with Morrisons. There was other items but I can't remember them. Whereas in Tesco tonight with brand match I bought the £3 meal deal and got the red bull and this gave me a reduction because Asda was £1 and Tesco was more.

Also in my Asda if you give them a money off coupon it turns into a nightmare. I have tried this at self selection and the main stream tills. I end up mortified. With a Dr Otoker Pizza coupon they refused this and said I had to call pizza company and get a "proper" coupon. But it was a proper coupon printed off my email.
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Well thank you very much for such good information and your kind words. Really appreciated.

When I say it's too complicated, I was meaning it doesn't work. Like last week amongst other things I bought sugar free red bull can. £1.00 at Asda and the same price at Morrisons. But on the Asda website it shows N/A. so it didn't include this in the comparison with Morrisons. There was other items but I can't remember them. Whereas in Tesco tonight with brand match I bought the £3 meal deal and got the red bull and this gave me a reduction because Asda was £1 and Tesco was more.

Also in my Asda if you give them a money off coupon it turns into a nightmare. I have tried this at self selection and the main stream tills. I end up mortified. With a Dr Otoker Pizza coupon they refused this and said I had to call pizza company and get a "proper" coupon. But it was a proper coupon printed off my email.

Devils advocate here, if you are looking to save money, red bull is the last thing you need on your shopping list. :o
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • its_a_secret_66
    Options
    animated-horse-image-0350.gif
    It's Grand National Day Tomorrow. We have done it in the past, so against my better judgement, as I am carp at organising things, we should try to raise some money for good causes. Usual rules apply. Pick a number, copy the list (highlight, then press Ctrl 'C'), then paste it into a new post (press Ctrl 'V') and I will do my best to keep up with the chaos. I will request someone as my trusty person who will keep a copy list to the horses/corresponding numbers to make sure I don't cheat. The winner gets to choose the cause and we all pay our £2 to that cause. I hope im not breaking any forum rules, as all charity links/donation links will be put onto the relevant forum section. As ever there's no obligation to take part at all, and if it all goes breastage up, blame Bubbs Oh, and if you pick a non runner/donkey/3 legged albatross, tough!
    1. Anon
    2.Hillbern
    4. hippychicky
    8. Diluvsdiscounts
    10. cjj
    11. TM
    12. JTS
    13. TS
    14. SnS
    15. Hornetgirl
    16. Sarahdol75
    17. juju17
    19. pacifica9
    22. Pandoraskids
    25. Locarr
    27. AJ (tweets spending your money again :) )
    28. Lfab
    29. Chrisv
    30. Tweets
    31. BarleySugar
    33. MKS
    35.curl girl
    39.MrsJoJo
    40 its a secret 66

hi all is it okay if i have number 40 please . thank you:)
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 April 2018 at 12:03AM
    Options

When I say it's too complicated, I was meaning it doesn't work.

:rotfl:
    Like last week amongst other things I bought sugar free red bull can. £1.00 at Asda and the same price at Morrisons. But on the Asda website it shows N/A. so it didn't include this in the comparison with Morrisons. There was other items but I can't remember them. Whereas in Tesco tonight with brand match I bought the £3 meal deal and got the red bull and this gave me a reduction because Asda was £1 and Tesco was more.

Yes you have to buy items that are in stock on their website otherwise they don't appear. (This can be of benefit though if they are in a mbuy deal and another item in the mbuy on mix and match that is on the site in stock then has to compare at full individual price vs cheaper elsewhere.)

The TBG can be of benefit for meal deals; these are one of the few situations in which shopping at T may be better (where you have access to competing stores anyway) as meal deals are an excluded offer so T compares at its own full prices!

I have heard A can be bad on manufacturer's coupons. However generally they have no problems with APGs. Just be aware that, at self-service, the vouchers now have to be entered by Key In Code and then the long number from the voucher itself, followed by scanning the receipt (or entering its TC# - the same number as the one used to check the receipt online on the APG site) - and that, at some stores, SS staff may pounce on you (some may also insist you can't do it that way as they are not aware of how their own machines work). Also if you have vouchers of the exact value of your shop or if the vouchers are only a few pence lower, leaving that few pence to pay, buying loose produce or, I think, meat or fish of variable weight (priced by weight) will cause the final voucher (or only voucher) on your shop to fail as it will not recognise its value and will think you haven't got a bill of higher than the voucher amount(s). I heard this could be resolved by adding a 5p carrier bag - however I added one to one of my shops once and got a fail (I think the bag caused the voucher failure - the voucher would have been, from experience, fine and would have gone through with no problem at all with the other two items in my shop, both grocery items, had they hit the voucher value by themselves instead of being 2p short - I thought a bag would be the simplest way to resolve it but no) - so the staff member then had to enter the voucher value manually.

I just try to avoid things like that, which draw attention. I think the system must assign a random value to weighed fruit and veg. like a penny which is lower than its true value (that obviously varies depending on how big your banana or carrot or whatever), hence thinks you haven't spend enough to reach the total value of your voucher(s). I've had staff insist it will be fine if I add a loose banana, when I know it won't be (again because they don't know their own system) - and then I found the voucher went through fine because I'd already overshot the voucher amount and didn't need to buy the banana at all:rotfl:. Yes in true money-saving style, I put it back at that point and paid nowt. (Actually I did pay - I paid the vouchers I used.)
  • Woolco
    Options
    Devils advocate here, if you are looking to save money, red bull is the last thing you need on your shopping list. :o

Hi Dave, the red bull is my treat each week. I don't gamble money, or go to bars but I was only meaning this is one thing I can remember off the bill.
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 13 April 2018 at 11:56PM
    Options
    Hi Dave, the red bull is my treat each week. I don't gamble money, or go to bars but I was only meaning this is one thing I can remember off the bill.

Everyone to their own, just I have seen the harm it can do to people, and have a thing against it, ignore me.

Everyone deserves a treat though :)
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Woolco
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    :rotfl:

Yes you have to buy items that are in stock on their website otherwise they don't appear. (This can be of benefit though if they are in a mbuy deal and another item in the mbuy on mix and match that is on the site in stock then has to compare at full individual price vs cheaper elsewhere.)

The TBG can be of benefit for meal deals; these are one of the few situations in which shopping at T may be better (where you have access to competing stores anyway) as meal deals are an excluded offer so T compares at its own full prices!

I have heard A can be bad on manufacturer's coupons. However generally they have no problems with APGs. Just be aware that, at self-service, the vouchers now have to be entered by Key In Code and then the long number from the voucher itself, followed by scanning the receipt (or entering its TC# - the same number as the one used to check the receipt online on the APG site) - and that, at some stores, SS staff may pounce on you (some may also insist you can't do it that way as they are not aware of how their own machines work). Also if you have vouchers of the exact value of your shop or if the vouchers are only a few pence lower, leaving that few pence to pay, buying loose produce or, I think, meat or fish of variable weight (priced by weight) will cause the final voucher (or only voucher) on your shop to fail as it will not recognise its value and will think you haven't got a bill of higher than the voucher amount(s). I heard this could be resolved by adding a 5p carrier bag - however I added one to one of my shops once and got a fail (I think the bag caused the voucher failure) - so the staff member then had to enter its value manually. I just try to avoid things like that, which draw attention.

Well thanks again Savvybuyer. That information is now all stored up there. *points finger at head*

But see really if I do brand match instead of price guarantee, am I really just losing 10% ? I think I could live with that. Like tonight Tesco took £2.40 off my bill because of Jacobs crackers on checkoutsmart and the can of red bull. Whereas would Asda just have given me a coupon for say £3?
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,004 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Watched some netball the other night, bit confusing if you ask me.
    I get the pleasure of spending stupidly early time outside on Sunday mornings watching netball, judging by the number of whistle blows there must be an awful lot of rules. Saturday mornings watching football is just as cold but at least the game makes sense :)

Too many pages today, must be Bubbs posting again...

Geegees, could I have 69 please - or failing that can I be straight under hippyc please.
    I think....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport