PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 9th April 2018

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options

He's out tonight and I CBA to do anything. It probably doesn't help that I do get anxious about travelling, particularly as he freely admits that he can get lost going from the bedroom to the bathroom at night - and he's not exactly popping round the corner - so I'm trying to put the idea of at least 11 hours of not knowing he's OK out of my mind, more and more, the closer his departure gets. Unsuccessfully. Ugh.

You can usually track flights on the air line websites if that will help at all? At least you will be aware of delays etc.

Bedtime for the gremlins.. I am shattered.. and a busy day tomorrow too.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,776 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 April 2018 at 8:32PM
    Options
    having washed up before work and left the house straight I have come home, having been out for 12 hours, to a sink full of pots, a hob full of pots, a badly-stacked dishwasher - also full of dirty pots so

I AM ON STRIKE

DDs home from Uni; DS is on reduced hours and has been in all day. Not good enough is it?

I am NOT happy.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,297 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

Thanks atb - just need everyone to keep reminding me that this is what I want as I am sure I will have doubts along the way xxx

Busy day, still juggling both jobs for the time being and what with various things going on I am behind. Been out for tea which is nice. DS1 has got his stuff all over the house - I am with you Valli just too darned tired to sort it.

Out with my ladies cycling group in the morning then cracking on with some housework. A load of washing in, might do another as it is supposed to be slightly sunny tomorrow.
  • Valli
    Options
    Congrats on the job, Jazee

Happy Birthday Narco x enjoy!
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Valli
    edited 13 April 2018 at 9:34PM
    Options
    Oops out of DW ta blets

The offspring are keeping out of my way lol

Thank you Honey Bear
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Valli.. I feel your pain.. mine need strategically placed rockets sometimes. They are so lazy and think they can get away with it. I hope they are adequately repentent when they dare speak to you again xx
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    You can usually track flights on the air line websites if that will help at all? At least you will be aware of delays etc.

Bedtime for the gremlins.. I am shattered.. and a busy day tomorrow too.

I know (but thank you). I can imagine myself tracking the damn thing for the entire time. And completely freaking out if it disappears for a moment, as things tend to do when crossing into US airspace and upon their final approach - what can I say except I'm a geek who finds the flight and shipping trackers fascinating?
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks for all your good wishes. A good time was had by all , got home from musical all - including my 86yr old mum - singing "is this the way to Amarillo" . Just polished off cheese, biscuits and cake so minimal slinking going on. Racking brains to think of anything resembling flying. Um, nope.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Valli
    Options
    Narc0lepsy wrote: »
    Thanks for all your good wishes. A good time was had by all , got home from musical all - including my 86yr old mum - singing "is this the way to Amarillo" . Just polished off cheese, biscuits and cake so minimal slinking going on. Racking brains to think of anything resembling flying. Um, nope.

I can see the word “polished”....looks like flying to me:rotfl:

Forgot to switch alarm off. Doh:mad:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Just DS and I up so far. I need to go chazza diving today, I have hardly any clothes that fit anymore and no coat that fits at all :eek: really hope I can find something in my size, can’t afford new ATM.

DW unloaded, and I will shortly go and wash my face and put my war paint on. Feel like I need it today.

Will be back later have lovely days and I hope you all see some sun xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport