Plusnet billing problems

Hi
I took a new contract with Plusnet for £28 per month for unlimited fibre and phone line. Now due to a problem with their billing system they can’t honour discounts and as a result they charge me £34 per month. They don’t know how long it will take to fix the problem but when they do they will refund me the difference.

Anyone else having this issue? I wonder can I leave them without penalty?

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 May 2019 at 3:29PM
    Yes PN billing problems plastered all over the forum and internet.
    Doubt if you can leave penalty free due to a discount .
    But nothing to stop you askin PN .
  • notbritishgas
    notbritishgas Posts: 2,304 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Ruby2812 wrote: »
    Hi
    I took a new contract with Plusnet for £28 per month for unlimited fibre and phone line. Now due to a problem with their billing system they can’t honour discounts and as a result they charge me £34 per month. They don’t know how long it will take to fix the problem but when they do they will refund me the difference.

Anyone else having this issue? I wonder can I leave them without penalty?
    Yes my daughter having the same problem with her first bill. Not including the discount.
    You must have spoken to the same customer service rep she did this morning as the reply was identical.:mad:
  • notbritishgas
    notbritishgas Posts: 2,304 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    Yes PN billing problems plastered all over the forum and internet.
    Doubt if you can leave penalty free due to a discount .
    But nothing to stop you askin PN .
    But the discount is quite large, equivalent to the broadband rental, so makes the bill much larger.
  • alanwsg
    alanwsg Posts: 765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I had the same problem, they do get it sorted, eventually.
    Best thing is to open a billing ticket here ....
    https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22236&wizard_id=38
    (You need to be logged in first!)
  • Ruby2812
    Ruby2812 Posts: 15 Forumite
    I checked with Plusnet and you cannot leave without a penalty charge
  • I am in a similar position and feel very disappointed since recontracting to stay with PlusNet Broadband, for 18 months, and having paid telephone line rental for one year in advance. It looks as if I am locked in now for more than a year.

I have to telephone every month to have incorrect billing corrected and the time taken is unacceptable. I have to pay the inflated Direct Debit then wait until the excess amount paid is refunded later to my bank account. No account is taken of the time and inconvenience involved for the customer.

The most recent call resulted in a potential measure of correction although still does not really deal with the cause of the problem. After this current bill, and in future, the overpayment will still be charged monthly and, in the same bill in future, the overpayment will be refunded. This is better than before although, if it works, it does not deal with the cause and resolve the problem. It seems odd - overcharge and refund the amount overcharged without dealing with the cause and presenting an accurate bill.

I feel sorry for the 'front line' Customer Advisors who cannot put you through to The Billing Team directly and can only offer to arrange contact with a manager in about 3 to 5 days. Whatever has happened to the once excellent PlusNet Customer Service? The 'front line' Customer Advisors do their best but it really is unfair for both the customer and the Customer Advisors themselves.

I have to admit feeling very disappointed and not pleased with the increased amount of time and effort taken every month so far. The cause of the problem is not being fully addressed and resolved at source.

Why would PlusNet let this problem continue unresolved for so long without a proper fix?

Crimson
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Im having billing issues and also speed issues
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I am on the lucky side of the billing issues - I am not getting billed.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've just haggled a new 24 mnth. broadband deal with PN plus BT Sports app. About 50p more than last year.

I pay advance line rental as well, as I've kept the legacy evenings and weekends calls package.

So far, since the new ,"improved" billing system was introduced, my bills have been produced accurately, on time and debited correctly! :T(Altho I can't see the bills in my regular browser, Firefox)

However,in view of all the issues reported with the application of discounts, I await my first bill at the new rate with baited breath!!:D
  • Pootle1
    Pootle1 Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    molerat wrote: »
    I am on the lucky side of the billing issues - I am not getting billed.
    I upgraded my broadband+phone package in December 2018 and I've just realised that I haven't been billed since. I can't afford it if 8 months is suddenly taken from my account!

What's going on?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport