Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all looking forward to the weekend!

@B_M - I am glad the issue with claims has now been resolved. In regards the email you have received this is sent automatically and is a general email. I am therefore sorry if you found receiving it frustrating.

If we made the decision you wanted and paid you out of fair play rather than asking you to lodge a claim this wouldn't be looking at the broader picture. If you are correctly eligible for the full commission rate we will be paid it and therefore you will be paid it. While I understand issues with one member can be frustrating for that member, when making decisions we do have to look at the whole of our member base :) That's only fair.

In regards to changing estimates we will always do this if the current situation with the merchant changes. It is important for us to recognise that these estimates are not set by the merchant or even the cashback network; they are wholly calculated and displayed by ourselves. We could choose to remove this all together as there are not deadlines for commission payments but we choose to display theses to give our members an idea of when we would expect to be paid for the transaction :)

@digital - As follows in the fair play policy having one of those doesn't always mean we can get the answer the member wants to hear and it doesn't mean we will always pay out the cashback if we didn't do that. As I am sure you can see from our shoes it would be a very bad move to start paying everyone's cashback before we receive it.

I hope this helps you both.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!

@B_M - I am glad the issue with claims has now been resolved. In regards the email you have received this is sent automatically and is a general email. I am therefore sorry if you found receiving it frustrating.

If we made the decision you wanted and paid you out of fair play rather than asking you to lodge a claim this wouldn't be looking at the broader picture. If you are correctly eligible for the full commission rate we will be paid it and therefore you will be paid it. While I understand issues with one member can be frustrating for that member, when making decisions we do have to look at the whole of our member base :) That's only fair.

In regards to changing estimates we will always do this if the current situation with the merchant changes. It is important for us to recognise that these estimates are not set by the merchant or even the cashback network; they are wholly calculated and displayed by ourselves. We could choose to remove this all together as there are not deadlines for commission payments but we choose to display theses to give our members an idea of when we would expect to be paid for the transaction :)

If I'm eligible? I hope I'm eligible for the promoted cashback and not palmed off with the initial wrong tracking amount! Happening far too often!
    I find it odd that TCB claim to place 30 days for Snap and Save transactions to 'manage members expectations' and yet place 8 weeks for British Gas [BG] (to meet members expectations?). Reviews show British Gas have taken 6 months+ to settle their 'debts', so 8 weeks is a joke to be honest. What will happen is, British Gas will get caught up with a complaint/s and may have to eventually deal with the FOS and all because TCB have screwed up! Not just putting their members out, but their merchants too! TCB have proven they can't get BG cashback within 8 weeks, see if they can do it within 12? 12 weeks is my limit before taking it up direct.

My Talktalk mobile sim has arrived. Will the promoted rate of £63 be honoured? Please fully advise before I need to return the sim and not be placed in contract.

Fair play policy - the image of a nice shiny car, but the engine management light is on and is in serious need of attention! Fix it or scrap it!
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • I can happily report that my claim has now been paid, thanks to all who helped with this.
  • jools1985
    jools1985 Posts: 326 Forumite
    Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud! First Post First Anniversary
    My cashback from Co-op bank has been paid today :)
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Afternoon everyone!

I hope you all enjoyed the weekend.

@B_M - There are certain cases where we are not awarded the full amount of the cashback which can happen for both exclusive and non exclusive rates such as the commission being split between referrers. Therefore it would be wrong of me to guarantee you will get the amount you were expecting. Guaranteeing cashback to our members is not something we are considering doing. Such a move would impact the rates we offer and we are not willing to offer less than 100% of the commission we get in order to offset the costs of guaranteeing cashback we will not be paid for.

With Snap and Save we manage these offers ourselves and therefore it is much easier to manage our members expectations rather than commission related cashback offers which we can only pay once we are paid.

As explained previously we could avoid the situations you foresee with estimates by completely removing the estimates but going by the majority of member feedback they much rather these estimates knowing exactly how they are created and how they should not be seen as a guaranteed payout time frame.

As we have explained in the past we can not guarantee cashback and will not be doing so for your TalkTalk cashback. This transaction will be treated very much like all transactions made through us and will go through the normal cashback querying process.

@wannaberichbtch and @jools1985 - I really am delighted that your transactions have been sorted for you :D

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    As we have explained in the past we can not guarantee cashback and will not be doing so for your TalkTalk cashback. This transaction will be treated very much like all transactions made through us and will go through the normal cashback querying process.

Thanks Matt and that's all I wanted to hear.
    TCB promote a rate of £63 and would be prepared for a member to be tied into a 12 month contract and be willing to just pay them half the promoted rate! I could fight it another way, including Small Claims Court action, but I'll not.
    TCB can't seriously be trusted and my contract will be cancelled and taken out via Quidco, who are now incidentally offering £80. Check that out Guys.
    Pretty amazing really and what is that 'fair play policy' all about?
    TCB an ethical company? Customer focused?

I can announce today that I've managed to obtain cashback from a merchant today, but I've had to contact them direct. I wasn't going to name the company, but they actually deserve credit for their customer care. TCB wanted me to wait a further two months, so last night I emailed the Hoppa CEO. I've been liaising with Hoppa today and they promised they would rapidly resolve issues. They did that today.
    I can highly recommend Hoppa for both their services and their customer care, they really showed they are customer focused.
    Would I use Hoppa again? Definitely.
    Would I use Hoppa again via TCB? Not a chance.

Any issues you can't resolve via TCB, go direct and see the other side. It's not really that difficult!

@wannaberichbtch - well done for highlighting the issues and resolving. Poor performance though!
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,090 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 11 January 2016 at 9:07PM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5387309&page=2#39

"although the headline on the search page still says up to £157.50 - and TCB are also offering £15.75 cashback on opening a current account plus with the Co op."

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5387309&page=3#48

11/10 performance by TCB :)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5387309&page=3#54

"Incidentally I got the TCB mail as well. Not that I submitted any sort of 'support ticket' that they were actually responding to. Reads to me like a balls up that was caught quickly but where they are honouring the amount for anyone that had already replied"

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=69848445&postcount=63

"The beauty of the quidco application although the T & C `s are onerous , they are at least clear and concise. Not heard back from quidco yet. Quite possibly still scratching their heads.
    Had the email this evening from TCB , that basically says they messed up but they will honour the cashback"
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 11 January 2016 at 11:11PM
    "The beauty of the quidco application although the T & C `s are onerous , they are at least clear and concise. Not heard back from quidco yet. Quite possibly still scratching their heads.
    Had the email this evening from TCB , that basically says they messed up but they will honour the cashback"

You have to laugh at all these 'ricks', but not that funny for members caught up.
    They would have had to honour this 'mistake' as the thought of multiple complaints to the FCA could have destroyed them. Not to mention having one of their merchants having to defend claims!
    Out of control, or what? Too many issues and too often now.

I have multiple transactions with financial purchases coming, or should be coming to fruition soon via TCB. I will challenge each and every one slightly after the 'estimate payment date' passes. I believe these 'estimates' are there to mislead and the amount of delays back my beliefs up.
    First will be British Gas, they have 3 weeks to pay.
    Aviva will be the first week in February, if not paid - these are usually good though.
    Direct Line will be the middle of February, these won't get a day after the 18 weeks, as 18 weeks is well long enough!
    British Gas again, but I will give them to early April.
    Nationwide, again April, probably mid April.

That's just the financial ones and each one (if not paid), along with TCB will firstly be reported to the FCA. Then a complaint to each and then wait for the outcome. If not good, then either the FOS or Small Claims. FOS advise taking TCB via the Small Claims for a quicker outcome.

I've had to issue a complaint to the Post Office today via another small cashback site. Only £8 cashback needed, but I'm being given the runaround. A lot of work now for the Post Office for £8, but my warnings were ignored by the cashback site. Probably thought I wouldn't fight it for £8, but I fight all financial issues, along with others.

Hotelopia via TCB will also be challenged - half promoted cashback (yeh, the norm now). I'll give that 4 more weeks before issuing a complaint direct.

I'll update each one as necessary - good or bad.

@bristolleedsfan - I know you have been around the cashback world many years now, probably longer than my 9 or 10 years, but what do you think of this quote?
    There are certain cases where we are not awarded the full amount of the cashback which can happen for both exclusive and non exclusive rates such as the commission being split between referrers.
    Split between referrers? !!!!!!?
    I've never heard that before, ever! Have you?
    So, TCB could pay half and say it's been split? Madness!

BTW - I cancelled my Talktalk Mobile contract and went via Quidco. Tracked almost instantly and at the correct promoted rate of £80. No need for them to make excuses! ;)
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,090 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 12 January 2016 at 12:56AM
    B_M wrote: »

@bristolleedsfan - I know you have been around the cashback world many years now, probably longer than my 9 or 10 years, but what do you think of this quote?
    Split between referrers? !!!!!!?
    I've never heard that before, ever! Have you?
    So, TCB could pay half and say it's been split? Madness!

For TCB to tell you they wont honour their "promoted"/"advertised" Cashback rate......................

I have to say I have been very suprised you have stuck with TCB for so long.

TCB members who are awaiting payment when transactions are at confirmed status, note these words

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5387309&page=3#48

"will be paid after the validation period"
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    For TCB to tell you they wont honour their "promoted"/"advertised" Cashback rate ......................

I have to say I have been very suprised you have stuck with TCB for so long.

As previously, I mainly use TCB for financial product purchases. Sometimes their cashbacks alongside discount codes can be of benefit (though they have many issues there).
    TCB are very misleading with their promotions (in my opinion), so makes it easier to make a complaint. Accuracy and transparency is needed for marketing financial products now and heavy fines can be levied for problems.
    Other sites aren't as generous with their promotions, or more accurate.
    Long live TCBs promotional material.

I have switched back to Quidco for other bits (including a financial product), along with imutual, because imutual sometimes have better rates (1 today in fact) and they have their cashback guarantee.
    But for 'ricks', TCB are the 'Daddy's' and that can help.
    The other small site I use may fail, but I don't have much in there tbh.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback