PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Covenant Help?

I am looking to buy some land with the intention to build a home. The land has been marked on the Council's Local Plan as proposed for development. Its bit of a infill area to be honest as there are houses either side however there are Covenants that states the land is to be used for paddocks or garden only:

2 (07.06.2002) A Transfer dated 5 June 2002 made between (1) Company 1 and (2) Company 2 contains the following covenants:- "The Transferee covenants with the Transferor not to use any part of the property for a purpose other than for agriculture or as garden land or paddock including the construction thereon of stables and tack rooms"

From what I read, wording makes all the difference so would the above apply if we purchased the land? From what I can find, Company 1 no longer exists and I am not sure Company 2 does either... if it does, it has changed owners since.

Any help would be great! :-)

Comments

• davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    FayeL wrote: »
    From what I can find, Company 1 no longer exists and I am not sure Company 2 does either... if it does, it has changed owners since.
    If by "company" you mean a UK limited company then you should be able to figure it out from https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/

A change of shareholders isn't going to make a difference to the covenant.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure