Dro help

Hello, I’m new to the forum and have read through a few posts about DROs but there’s still a few things I need help on.
I’ve had the checklist sent through StepChange, I was just wondering if I had to print it out and send it through post or if I can do the whole thing online?
On the checklist it says to get an address for each creditor. I have an overdraft and credit card with NatWest that are both being included in the dro, do I have to give them the address to my local branch?
I’ve also been recently receiving letters from debt collectors asking for payments ASAP. Do I need to inform them of the dro as I don’t want any bailiffs knocking on my door as I’m finishing it off.
Sorry if these questions have already been asked it’s just been a stressful time and can’t wait to get the ball rolling. Cheers

Comments

• National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Jake and welcome to the forum.

I'm not aware of StepChange's process with the checklist, I would imagine it is for your own to use to make sure you provide all the information they require to process your application. Safest option is to give them a call and check.

Your bank statement and credit card statement will both have the relevant addresses on them. As they are different types of debt, it's likely they are different departments within the bank and may have different addresses.

It's advisable to send a hold action letter to your creditors asking them to put a freeze on everything while the DRO is processed. Bear in mind a debt collection agency (DCA) is not a bailiff and has no special powers, a home visit is highly unlikely. Bailiffs would only visit if court action had been taken on one of your debts. If any of your debts take court action contact one of the free debt advice agencies for more advice. I hope all goes well.

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure