The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Comments

• you'd have competition from me for that medal
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • I am pleased you did this. Matching undies are the ultimate in self care. :T

True
    Debt is so damaging. It causes so much hurt and pain. It takes away opportunity and adventure. It takes away a decent life.

Also true
    Well it would spoil the saga if the denouement came on page 50, wouldn't it? :D

"So that was the end of procrastination and disorganisation, folks, the remaining 150 pages will be blank".

:rotfl:

I absolutely LOVE this diary. So much wisdom and good humour, from you and your readers. Whenever I read it, I feel like I have walked into your kitchen where you are all sitting, drinking tea and discussing life. :A
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • boxofpaws wrote: »
    True
    I absolutely LOVE this diary. So much wisdom and good humour, from you and your readers. Whenever I read it, I feel like I have walked into your kitchen where you are all sitting, drinking tea and discussing life. :A
    What a lovely post. You are right Boxofpaws. Loose Women has nothing on the talk going on over here :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Are you okay Parsniphead?
    I live in my head too. It's interesting in there most of the time. A coffee somewhere nice and an hour with a nice notebook and i am in heaven. I am a real dreamer (or planner or visionary if I want to re-language it) We are both okay :)
    Sending a hug (())
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    you'd have competition from me for that medal

Yes. I do get the feeling we have a lot of dreamers on DFW diaries. I like fellow dreamers.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 9,857
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Oh flip, now the thought of 150 blank pages bother me. I guess all those years of school where the teacher checked every page of the writing book had been used before handing over a new one must have rubbed of on me.

I think we had the same teacher. :) Don't worry about the 150 blank pages, they are a call to creative people to fill them up somehow. What the teacher didn't recognise is that some blank space is helpful to see the creative work properly. What else are full stops for?

I wouldn't get too hung up on whether you procrastinate and don't organise... in my opinion procrastination is about a natural reluctance to leave the comfortable to face the uncomfortable, it's not who you are. When life gets tough we naturally tend to go to safe places, whether those are in our heads or in inactivity/displacement activities. I am particularly good at displacement activites. Narrowly missed the Olympic Team for it, in fact, but that's okay: I put off my practice so often my heart clearly wasn't in it. :)

As for living in our heads, that's because we are creative.

Hugs and support for this hard time in your life xx
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • parsniphead
    Forumite
    boxofpaws wrote: »
    True

Also true

:rotfl:

I'm lucky to have so many lovely visitors who are so full of knowledge.

Oh my goodness, the thought of anyone seeing my kitchen.:eek: Half artexed and half plaster and 60's white kitchen units which are falling apart. You're welcome to a cup of tea but you're not going in the kitchen.;):rotfl:

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • parsniphead
    Forumite
    What a lovely post. You are right Boxofpaws. Loose Women has nothing on the talk going on over here :)

Oh my goodness, I hope we're a bit classier than the loose women. ;)
    Are you okay Parsniphead?
    I live in my head too. It's interesting in there most of the time. A coffee somewhere nice and an hour with a nice notebook and i am in heaven. I am a real dreamer (or planner or visionary if I want to re-language it) We are both okay :)
    Sending a hug (())

I'm OK. I've just spent a lot of time lurching between being a dolly daydream and grieving for my 18 year old self. Silly old c0w.....me, not you.:eek::rotfl:

I love being a dreamer too but it does impact on real life when you don't get things done. Perhaps doing something crazy is what's needed. Mmmm, how about pillar box red hair. I always fancied it.

Nice notebooks though, nothing better. Well......;)

• Oh my goodness, I hope we're a bit classier than the loose women. ;)
    I'm OK. I've just spent a lot of time lurching between being a dolly daydream and grieving for my 18 year old self. Silly old c0w.....me, not you.:eek::rotfl:

I love being a dreamer too but it does impact on real life when you don't get things done. Perhaps doing something crazy is what's needed. Mmmm, how about pillar box red hair. I always fancied it.

Nice notebooks though, nothing better. Well......;)
    Don't mess with your hair until you feel better!!!!:eek:

Do the loose women lack class I didn't know. But isn't Gloria Honeybunch one of them? She is classy. No? I must confess i don't watch them but they talk about life and drink tea? no?

I know what you mean about not getting things done...I never seem to get to the end of my dishes...:o

My 18 year old self was a complete idiot. I am glad we are no longer equated :) That said I preferred her boobs :rotfl:

Keep posting parsniphead. I miss your funny wisdom :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 9,857
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Go for the pillar box red hair - bet it would look great!

As for kitchens, we had a cupboard fall off the wall in ours last night. I had only just painted the bit next to it... and under the paint and thick lining paper you can see the walls are uneven and have lots of irregular little circles where the tiles fell off! We replaced the electrics, so there are also patches of unmatching plaster where cables were channelled in, and we replaced the outside door which has put such stress on the adjoining wall that the plaster fell off! Apart from that it's just overstuffed and in need of decorating. :D
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family