Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey @teamwork,

Thank you for your feedback about a merchant. As with all merchants please do double check on their privacy policy and things like that so you can be sure how your information is used.

Should you have any further queries about your cashback please do let us know.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • cbrown372
    cbrown372 Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Looking at the BA sale I'm thinking about using my TCB cash to convert to some Avios points, is it quick and simple?
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama ;)
  • Hi
    I put in a claim for a holiday in March 2017 which should have netted cashback at a higher rate but surprise surprise. they tracked it at a lower rate. I am still waiting on them getting a resolution and its now December.
    It states "query with merchant log" and it was with First Choice for £68.52. Is there any advice you guys could offer? Totally fed up with these sites advertising high rates of cashback - you go through all their hoops and they hit you with either lower rates or cashback denied.
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Travel and of course financial promotions are pretty much the jokers in the pack at TCB!

I asked via my ticket why the TCB 'fair play policy' didn't apply to my Owners Direct claim (as this is a merchant that should be removed) and the reply was, TCB have sent off another enquiry!

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/about?cat=FairPlay

I was advised, right here on this forum that Owners Direct had improved! lol
    I do expect the 'fair play policy' to kick in, or what's the point of the policy? Hype?
    I advised of the merchant issues and basically was given the 'green light'. I was correct and without inside knowledge!

I've had a response from Barclays re my mis-selling complaint, basically to say they are fully investigating. Cashback, as advised earlier, has been paid and cashed out, just a case of seeing where they are going with my compensation request and what went wrong!
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    Hi everyone, I hope that you all had a fantastic Christmas!

@cbrown372 - You can view our help section on Avios on site here:
    https://www.topcashback.co.uk/Help/374
    This will hopefully help to answer all the questions you have on this payout method.

@ccarr32051- If you would like me to take a look at this at all, please email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk with the email address you use for TopCashback, I would be happy to have a look and see what is happening in relation to your claim.

Best wishes,
    Samantha
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • sec79
    sec79 Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 27 December 2017 at 5:58PM
    I placed two separate orders for 2 Samsung J5 mobile phones with a goodybag through Giffgaff. I was able to do this from the same account.

When I log into my giffgaff account and try to activate the sim on the second order(either by entering the 6 digit activation code or 13 digit sim card number) it won't allow me to activate the sim. On the webpage it tells me if I wish to activate a new sim on the same giffgaff account or number. This is not possible, but you can log out and register a new account instead.

If this is the case not sure why it allowed me to place two separate orders using the same email address and account.

I created a separate account to activate the sim card I received with the second order. It looks as if the goodybag hasn't been activated as it asks me to add some credit to the account. I've not yet been able to activate the sim card. Due to the issues I've experienced I wondered if the correct cashback amount (£40 for activation of a new sim card with new handset) will track once I've managed to activate the sim please or whether I should just cancel the order?
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    1. Do I have to transfer my balance to Reward Wallet now to be able to convert it to vouchers?
    2. If so, will all transferred casback be available for any vouchers? I remember, in the past only certain types were eligible for, say Amazon.
    3. If not all, can it be transferred back to the main account?
  • Problems claiming my cashback - no response from TCB over tickets raised over the issue.

On the TCB website I have not had a response to date so I was wondering if you could help?

I have sent the following today (The third time I have hasked for help over the matter.

Please help me, this is the third time I have tried to rectify this problem but you have not replied to me.

When trying to get a payout (Now £132ish) I get the following.

'My Profile
    Account Details (confirmation pending)
    To continue to your requested page, you must first either confirm or revert your recent change to your payout details. When you made this change, an email was sent to your registered email address, and you will be able to confirm or revert this change from within the email.

If you have not received the email, press the button below to resend it.'

When I click on resend email it always says '

'The email failed to send to your email address.
    Please try again'

I have tried again on different days, many times (I have the same email address) and no luck. This means that I can not get to the payout page.
    Please can you help? This would be a nice little bonus for the family!

Kind regards
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 1 January 2018 at 1:25PM
    Hope all have a great 2018, especially with cashback promotions.

Just checking up on my transactions and I've had to raise another ticket for yet another TCB financial promotion.
    I won't name the merchant as yet as I've given TCB two weeks to see if they can resolve this issue.
    But, definitely and 100% not what is promoted for a financial product purchase.
    Unless otherwise stated expect transactions for this retailer to appear within 24 hours. Transactions are usually confirmed within a month and should become payable within 30 - 60 days after the event date, unless otherwise indicated on the Avg Payment Speed Statistics.

No average payment stats, so I could only go on the promotional material. Wrong? Mis-leading? A glitch?
    Hopefully just a glitch and sense prevails and I can just update as eventually paid.
    If I have to get the cashback myself, via a mis-selling complaint, yes another one, then I expect to be compensated.
    I'm sure the TCB staff won't work for free and expect to be paid for chasing up cashback, I expect the same.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    Hey everyone,

Happy New Year!

@sec79 – As It’s the merchant who makes the decision in regards to what is an what isn’t eligible I am afraid.

@grumbler – Unless you what a physical love 2 shop voucher you will need to use the new Reward Wallet function to pay out your cashback.

It is true that once you may put via Reward Wallet you can pay out all your cashback through any of the vouchers included within it. One of the advantages of reward wallet is you can pay out your cashback into whole numbers so if you had £10.50 and you only wanted a voucher for £10 while leaving the 50p in reward wallet for a different voucher, you can do that.

Once you have transferred your money into Reward Wallet it is locked there and can not be returned to your account.

@rob404uk – What I think has happened is our team have replied to you but you haven’t had the email to say this has happened. What I would advise if that you check your open tickets to see this reply.

@B_M – If a merchant is new or switched tracking networks we do not have enough stats to create a realistic estimate for you. Therefore it may take longer than the general advice we provide as a standard terms.

Best wishes,
    Matt
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback