Ruthbridge

Hello I recently received two letters from Ruthbridge the first did not say to much but the second said that I owed money on a credit card debt for Associates credit cards the sum of £1410.10. This is the first that I have heard of anything from these people I have toyed hard to think of this credit card but I cannot remember it I have looked into Ruthbridge and they don't sound a nice bunch and Associates credit card these were taken over ny Citi credit in 2002 I am at a loss and very worried and not sure what to do any help and advice would be great.
Thank you
Peter

Comments

• pooch
    pooch Posts: 828 Forumite
    Rainbowfan wrote: »
    Hello I recently received two letters from Ruthbridge the first did not say to much but the second said that I owed money on a credit card debt for Associates credit cards the sum of £1410.10. This is the first that I have heard of anything from these people I have toyed hard to think of this credit card but I cannot remember it I have looked into Ruthbridge and they don't sound a nice bunch and Associates credit card these were taken over ny Citi credit in 2002 I am at a loss and very worried and not sure what to do any help and advice would be great.
    Thank you
    Peter

What did the first letter actually say?
    It would be very odd for a business to write to you for no reason and not actually say anything.

Have you considered calling the company and explaining as you have done here?

You could just ignore them, but they will just carry on pursuing you if they are left none the wiser.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • CAB_Swansea_Bay_representative
    CAB_Swansea_Bay_representative Posts: 287 Organisation Representative
    Hi rainbowfan, thank you for your query regarding Ruthbridge
    I am unsure from you post whether you are disputing ever owing the debt, want to dispute it as it is over 6 years so may be statute barred or whether you think you do owe the debt but are disputing who is collecting it. If you think you have an outstanding credit card and you don't know who is collecting for it I would suggest you check the account number on the letter to see if it matches the credit card account number or phone Ruthbridge and ask them which credit card they are collecting for an for them to give you the credit card number to check. If you are disputing the debt on the grounds that is has been over 6 years since you have made a payment to the account or acknowledged it in writing the there is information and template letters on www.adviceguide.org.uk.
    If you do not think you owe this debt you can ignore the letters/contact or write to them and state they have got the wrong person and ask them to stop contacting you. If you are unsure what you owe I would suggest you get a copy of your credit reference to check.
    Hope this is of assistance.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure