The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Looking for a new broadband and TV contract

Firstly, I would like to apologise if this is in the wrong thread.

I am looking for a new Broadband and TV package, Maybe phone as well but we do not want to change our landline number. I had a previous contract with TalkTalk and do not wish to continue with them any further. I have been looking online for contracts and packages but theres so many deals and offers you can miss out on and after a while it gets a bit confusing.

I am not looking for fibre broadband, The average speed is fine, If not a higher speed will do. I am looking for packages with Sky Sports and Sky Cinema included. I am looking to spend around £35 a month mainly and upfront costs....Well as long as it`s better then the £40 one TalkTalk offered me.

With regards to the phone line - I know some do not allow you to keep your old landline number, Plusnet is one of those. If all else fails and we have to change it so be it.
2017 Wins - Coco Pops, £100 Amazon voucher, Elf T-shirt, £250 Zalando Voucher and £250 FeelUnique Voucher, private gig concerts
2018 Wins - Steep xbox game, 2 tangle teezer, Contagion Book, JC Annual, water sports bottle, 10p, 2 cricket tickets, can of fizz, 10p, Ribenia, Johnson baby products

Comments

• You're not getting TV/BB with Sky Sports & Sky Movies for £35 a month.

https://broadband.moneysavingexpert.com/
  • Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,344
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    OP, I switched to PlusNet a few years ago and kept my landline. I switched to Virgin last year and kept my landline number even though it's not through the landline (cable).
    Sky sports is expensive unless you can get a deal - cheapest way is via Now TV but that is streamed and separate to BB etc. Virgin boxes do sky cinema and sports, you might get a few months free, but otherwise isn't cheap. Is about £10 max through Now TV.
    If I were you, I'd look at getting basic BB and phone and any extras free, then look at Now TV. You do have to be savvy with it as it's a rolling monthly contract. Top price for sports and cinema is about £42 a month, but you can normally get deals e.g. I got 10 months sports for about £180 in February for F1 season. It is repeated in August normally for football season. Quality of picture is dependant on BB speed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure